Hahakomori

If Grasswhistle had more accuracy, we'd be seeing this and more grass types using it. Sadly, 55% is very unreliable. I do like the Claw Sharpen set, as it can do some decent damage to the opponent's team.

On any set that has Agility, you might want to consider Swarm or Dust Proof since you don't really need that much Speed. Also, put the remaining EVs into Def so you don't end up with an HP divisible by 4 and can only switch into SR 4 times. Here's a gimmicky Flail set:

Edit: You should mention that it gets Dust-Proof as its Dream World Ability. In case anyone's wondering, Grass Whistle has 73.3 Accuracy after one Claw Sharpen and 91.6 Accuracy after two. Gravity and Claw Sharpen gives it perfect Accuracy so this Pokemon does have a use on Gravity teams since it has a double resistance to Ground.

Hahakurimo @ Leichi Berry/Salac Berry
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/224 Spe
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Dustproof

~ Substitute/Endure
~ Agility/Swords Dance
~ Flail
~ Leaf Blade

The idea for this set is simple, Sub down to 1 HP and get your set up move off as they break your last Sub. Alternatively, you can use your set up move as they switch and Endure a fatal hit. I'm pretty sure Endure will take all hits of a Multi-Hit move as well so you don't have to worry about them like you would with Substitute. Leichi Berry is for Agility while Salac Berry is for Swords Dance. Leaf Blade gives decent coverage allong with Flail since it hits most Ghosts nuetrally and hits Rocks and Burunkeru SE.

The EVs allow it to outrun a Doryuuzu in Sandstorm with the same Nature after an Agility. Maximum Atk is obvious and the HP EVs allow you to get to 1 HP after 4 Substitutes with the rest in Def. Dustproof really helps this set because it allows Hahakurimo stay alive even in Sandstorm and Hail.

Overall, it's just as gimmicky as any other Flail set but I thought it should be mentioned due to Dustproof.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
My god there's a reason I slashed Baton Pass on every set, lol

Hahakurimo has terrible coverage, but it's not hopeless. Like I said, Leafeon has similar sweeping stats (admittedly far higher defense though) and movepool, but it's pretty good, able to switch in on Milotic and scare it out (at least in 4th gen) with its STAB Leaf Blade.

Added Abilities; I knew I forgot something...
Scarftran will outspeed and KO, as well as most anything else with a fire type move and a scarf, like the newly popular Scarfed Shandera.

Despite the weak typing, I can see potential in the little bug- maybe not for the upper tiers, but it has good attack and passable speed with alright defenses. Not seeing him make a huge dent in the game anytime soon, though.

breh

強いだね
Hahakurimo @ Leichi Berry/Salac Berry
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/224 Spe
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Dustproof

~ Substitute/Endure
~ Agility/Swords Dance
~ Flail
~ Leaf Blade
Kind of hoped somebody would make a flail set...

Anyway the main reason that I didn't initially include this was because I wasn't too sure that it could really do it well enough at all. Priority is a menace for the bug if it uses this. However, I guess I can add it. Going to use Swords Dance and max speed though; there's no reason to get outsped by base 90s (moltres) or 91s (rotom) when you can outrun them. Sweepers should always run speed boosting natures unless Adamant gains them a specific, important KO.

Will add it though.

Fixed all 4hps to defense.

Kind of hoped somebody would make a flail set...

Anyway the main reason that I didn't initially include this was because I wasn't too sure that it could really do it well enough at all. Priority is a menace for the bug if it uses this. However, I guess I can add it. Going to use Swords Dance and max speed though; there's no reason to get outsped by base 90s (moltres) or 91s (rotom) when you can outrun them; I'd just max speed and take those few EVs for HP from attack. Sweepers should always run speed boosting natures unless Adamant gains them a specific, important KO.

Will add it though.

Fixed all 4hps to defense.
If you want to go with max/max, just use an HP IV of 29 and put the 4 EVs in Def. This will still get you down to 1 HP after 4 Subs.

breh

強いだね
If you want to go with max/max, just use an HP IV of 29 and put the 4 EVs in Def. This will still get you down to 1 HP after 4 Subs.
No need to use 29 IV; 3 HP is the same power for flail and still activates your berry.

This looks like a fairly interesting Pokemon, albeit just in Baton Passing, since it is completely walled by Fire-types (unless they get put to sleep, THEN it can BP out whatever boost it has).

Why would you not switch when you see heatrean, and why would you use this guy in a environment with heatran...my brain....on a good note I learned what herp derp means :)

It's unfortunate how this thing has to compete with Leafeon. If only it had more coverage. Although it does get Shadow Claw and Poison Jab. But it's still nothing to help it out.

Don't ignore that she has a 70 SpA stat too, enough to go mixed with HP Ground and (possibly) 2HKO heatran.

Edit: Ninja'd

0 Sp. Atk neutral Hahakomori vs 0/0 Naive Scarf Heatran: 49.5% - 59.4% damage

Well, you do have a point.

breh

強いだね
I dunno I don't see it to be too great to 2hko heatran... unless you have an agility boost then you're going to be outsped, meaning you have to hit it on the switch.

If somebody could post calcs on Shanderaa, I would be grateful... also which stats does HP ground lower?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There was a Hahakurimo thread, though it was labeled as Hahakomori. Probably why you missed it. I've merged the two.

Looking at this Pokemon, I saw something, in which I thought, was blatently obvious. Which Pokemin have we said ruins Hahakomori? Heatran. And when you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Say you ran a Sunny Day team...

Hahakomori @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Jolly
252 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Moves
~Swords Dance
~X-Scizor
~Leaf Blade
~Poison Jab/Return/Shadow Claw

And...

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
252 Spe/252 Sp.A/4 Sp.D
Moves
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power [Grass] or Hidden Power [Electric]
~Taunt/Explosion/Substitute

Of course, the set outline doesn't have to be the same as posted, the idea is the synergy these two Pokemon offer, especially on a sun team:

-Heatran covers Hahakomori's weakness' to fire , poison , ice , and flying while obtaing a boost for his fire attacks, also boosted by the sun.
-Hahakomori takes Heatrans weakness to ground, fighting , and water and can usually set up on said Pokemon.
-Both Pokemon get a boost in the sun.
-Each of the two attack from different sides of the spectrum.
-Overall, they compliment eachother fantastically.

In short, it's going to be very hard to take down these two, and this Pokemon seems like it's going to be underestimated in this generation.​

Well, she does get a pretty decent movepool for a bug type, certainly enough to run a choice set should you want to.

I have an idea.

Chlorophyll
Light Clay
Jolly Nature
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Spe
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Grasswhistle
~Leaf Blade / X-Scissor

Just have something BP Claw Sharpen and set-up :) (Good if you have DroughtTales

I have an idea.

Chlorophyll
Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 Spe/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Grasswhistle
~Leaf Blade / X-Scissor

Just have something BP Claw Sharpen and set-up :) (Good if you have DroughtTales
Nature and EVs aren't that good for that set, IMO. I'd go 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe with Jolly. But then again, Hahakomori may be a bit too frail to set up dual screens, unless it's a lead, except that it's outclassed by Deoxys-S (it could work in UU, though).

Poor thing. Same problem as Leafeon in being completely and totally walled by any steel type. It's even outclassed in passing Swords Dance now that Leafeon got Chlorophyll. STAB X-Scissor is definitely not enough to warrant it use over Leafeon. Shame, cuz I used one in game, and it worked decently too, so I rather like this thing =/

xWarJarx is probably on the right track by pairing it with Heatran. I can see this thing CM passing to Heatran on a fire attack. Flash Fire + Sun + CM on Heatran = O__O This has speed over Celebi, so it's not completely outclassed in that department. Passing Agility to Heatran is also nice, because thing things that are aiming to roast this thing are generally faster than and can potentially OHKO Heatran (Infernape, Blaziken after 1 boost, Sazandora, Salamence, etc etc)

Nature and EVs aren't that good for that set, IMO. I'd go 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe with Jolly. But then again, Hahakomori may be a bit too frail to set up dual screens, unless it's a lead, except that it's outclassed by Deoxys-S (it could work in UU, though).
Ok, changed those. She's not frail, but she doesn't have stellar defenses.
75/ 80/ 70

...Am I the only one who uses Leavanny in Ubers?
Leavanny @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Shadow Claw

As an SD Chlorophyll sweeper in Ubers, this set does great to take down many prominent threats in the tier. Sword Dance boosts its Attack to crazy levels, and can beat specially oriented threats such as Latios, Darkrai, Shaymin Sky Forme, and Palkia in the sun after one Swords Dance, with the combination of X-Scissor and Leaf Blade. Shadow Claw, albeit having redundant coverage to X-Scizzor, hits Lugia for Super Effective damage, and hits everything else for neutral damage, such as Zekrom, Reshiram, and Blaziken. This set does great to check non-Scarfed Kyrogre, outspeeding it with Max Speed and Jolly, and OHKOing after a Swords Dance. Steel-types are a problem, but can easily be dealt with by slapping a Fire-type such as Reshiram or Heatran on its team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)