Justified

One of the new abilities introduced into 5th Gen is Justified. According to Serebii, the effect of the ability is as follows:

"Attack rises if you are hit with a Dark-type attack."

The Pokemon with this ability naturally are:

Cobalion - (Steel/Fighting)
91 HP/90 Atk/129 Def/90 SpA/72 SpD/108 Spe

Terrakion - (Rock/Fighting)
91 HP/129 Atk/90 Def/72 SpA/90 SpD/108 Spe

Virizion - (Grass/Fighting)
91 HP/90 Atk/72 Def/90 SpA/129 SpD/108 Spe

Keldeo - (Water/Fighting)
91 HP/72 Atk/90 Def/129 SpA/90 SpD/108 Spe

...all of whom are legendary Pokemon with BSTs of 580.

The following can gain this ability through the Dream World:

Growlithe - (Fire)
55 HP/70 Atk/45 Def/70 SpA/50 SpD/60 Spe

Arcanine - (Fire)
90 HP/110 Atk/80 Def/100 SpA/80 SpD/95 Spe

Absol - (Dark)
65 HP/130 Atk/60 Def/75 SpA/60 SpD/75 Spe

Lucario - (Steel/Fighting)
70 HP/110 Atk/70 Def/115 SpA/70 SpD/90 Spe

Gallade - (Psychic/Fighting)
68 HP/125 Atk/65 Def/65 SpA/115 SpD/80 Spe

I was wondering how all of you see this ability coming into play. It seems that there can be some really going synergy going with a lot of the Psychic/Ghost types in the game.

For example, Tyrannitar may be against Shanderaa. Tyrannitar may use Crunch, but you can switch in Lucario to boost his attack. You then use Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick to KO him, and you get a free attack boost out of it.

It's also of note that this move does not grant an immunity to Dark-type moves.

PS: Don't be harsh...this is my first thread haha.

Terrakion, Absol, and Lucario will gain the most from this, IMO, as they have the highest attack stats (and in Luke's case, powerful priority coupled with ESpeed). Terrakion already has base 108 speed, making it much less susceptible to revenging and synergizing well with the RP set. Absol will appreciate the boost, as it is faster than most walls and can fire off what are potentially +3 Sucker Punches against faster threats.

Finally, SD and Agility Luke will appreciate the attack boost greatly. That extra attack will be enough for Luke to OHKO some of the bulkier walls without Spikes support, and gives an added kick to Extremespeed when the likes of ScarfChomp show up to revenge kill.

It doesn't give the actual immunity, as Sgt. Moose pointed out. Most Pokémon who can get this ability somehow have got access to better abilities (seeing as dark attacks aren't that common, outside of Pursuit, where it is pretty pointless), I don't think it's a very important one.

TTar would be more likely to Pursuit Shandera rather than Crunch it, meaning your Lucario in that situation woudn't get the boost.
Justice Heart is an interesting and potentially useful ability, but I doubt it will be gamebreaking. Dark isn't a bad offensive typing for the most part, it just isn't a type that gets thrown all over the place. And since Pursuit is probably the most widely used Dark attack it will be rare to nab a free boost from Justice Heart. As far as the Dream World users go, Arcanine won't use it in most cases because it's other two abilities are far more useful, but Lucario, Absol, and Gallade don't rely on their abilities as it is and would love a +1 attack boost, but Gallade must be careful because it has poor defense and only takes Dark attacks neutrally.

All of the horse legendaries can use this because they have great Speed, a resistance to Dark, Swords Dance and good Atk. I'm not really sure Terakion needs the boost if it's using Swords Dance since I don't think it gets any significant KOs with +3 that it would have with +2 (only a 25% increase in power).

Lucario loves this ability because it's already practically immune to all Dark attacks thanks to its typing. Its other abilities aren't very useful either.

I agree with DDRMaster. I think the only ones that really benefit from this ability are the pokemon that resist Dark, especially Lucario and Cobalon (that doubly resist Dark)

I should mention that if SD Lucario is still the most commonly used set, it would function in nearly the same way as it always has, with just an additional attack boost at certain times. I think that could make the difference between matches; I also think that, depending on how this ability plays out, people will stop throwing around Dark moves as much.

I also think that, depending on how this ability plays out, people will stop throwing around Dark moves as much.
That's the problem I see with this ability: How often do people actually spam Dark- typed attacks? The most commonly used Dark attack is Pursuit, and since it hits the pokemon switching out it doesn't hit the JH poke so it doesn't activate.
TTar and Sazandora are, off the top of my head, the most likely pokes to spam Dark type moves.
If TTar is choiced it's probably trapping something with Pursuit (which still lets Luke set up) and will get out once a JH poke comes in.
Sazandora has better things to do (Draco Meteor, U-Turn) than throw off Dark Pulses and Crunches when it switches in.

Pair it with Magic Mirror Espeon, who can bait Pursuit and then Baton Pass away to your Justice Heart user.

Gallade cries that this doesn't come with an immunity. The way it is, I'd say Lucario's the best user of it - catch a CBTar using Crunch and grab +3 (JH + SD on the switch.) even a normal Tyranitar gets you +1 and either killing it or a free Close Combat on the switchin.

Its not that good of a ability really...If it game immunity it would be great *Cough*Darkrai countering like mad*Cough* but generally i suppose Lucario and Gallade can abuse it well.BUt they do have pretty good abilites already...

It's sad that Justice Heart doesn't make you immune to Dark attacks (would've been nice though). That said, the legendary musketeers (Kobaruon, Terakion, Birijion, Kerudio) and Lucario can take advantage of it. I'm not too sure about Gallade because most Dark attacks are physical (and the only viable Special Attack it can take is Dark Pulse).

For those who might remain skeptical on the immunity, the ability is shown in action at about 1:20 in this video.

Obviously showing there is no immunity.

The horses are great with this. Kobuaron and Birijion especially because one SD can only boost so much of a 90 Base Attack, falling just short of 600 iirc. One more boost would bring it into Lucario's range, which is greatly appreciated.

It will definitely be really useful, though I dont think the fighting legendaries get any reliable priority moves like Lucario, to abuse with the boosted attack(outside of Quick Attack lol).

Basically, it is the Dark type version of Herbivore. Justice Heart makes you immune to Dark moves as far as I know.

Justice Heart makes you immune to Dark moves as far as I know.
It does not make you immune to Dark... That's been said multiple times already in this thread. Please at least read the thread you're posting in (though you should have read the research thread before posting as well, where they also list Justice Heart as not granting Immunity).

I've been playing Triple Battle Wi-Fi lately and it's very interesting. As single battle is turning into a rock-paper scissors game when you can only use 3 Pokemons, Triple Battle allows 6 Pokemons and plenty of combos. These are some of the most devastating combos I've found so far:

Weavile -> Beat Up + Righteous Heart Terakion -> Rock Slide (+ Rock Jewel/+ Helping Hand)
  • Weavile use Beat Up to hit Terakion 6 times and boost his attack to max , who then Rock Slide my team into bits afterward. He also got a helping hand from a Poke that I can't remember.
This was posted as part of the OP of the Triple Battle Combos thread. It seems like a completely devistating strategy and an interesting way to get Justice Heart to work to its maximum potential.

Pair it with Magic Mirror Espeon, who can bait Pursuit and then Baton Pass away to your Justice Heart user.
The only thing about this is that you can only get Espeon from the Dream World with this ability, which means it won't have Baton Pass (which is in Eevee's learnset). So, not sure how that works out.

And this move is definitely useful for all of the horses, except for Kerudio. Terrakion looks to be a pretty fearsome physical sweeper, and Cobalon and Virizion look to be good respective physical and special walls, respectively. Since their attacking stats can go both ways, one strategy might be to switch them in as a wall against Dark-types. The ability would work on Crunch, Bite, etc, and they can become fearsome physical sweepers . Does it also work on special attacks like Dark Pulse?

The only thing about this is that you can only get Espeon from the Dream World with this ability, which means it won't have Baton Pass (which is in Eevee's learnset). So, not sure how that works out.
Just breed it and you can get an Eevee with the Dream World Ability flag.

Okay, that makes it simple then. I also plan on editing this thread again when I get the time with a few strategies right at the top. I like your Espeon strategy though, especially because I like Espeon a lot, and think it's a shame he doesn't get that great of a moveset. Magic Mirror/Baton Pass + Justice Heart is a really good combo to use.

Terrakion, Absol, and Lucario will gain the most from this, IMO, as they have the highest attack stats (and in Luke's case, powerful priority coupled with ESpeed). Terrakion already has base 108 speed, making it much less susceptible to revenging and synergizing well with the RP set. Absol will appreciate the boost, as it is faster than most walls and can fire off what are potentially +3 Sucker Punches against faster threats.

Finally, SD and Agility Luke will appreciate the attack boost greatly. That extra attack will be enough for Luke to OHKO some of the bulkier walls without Spikes support, and gives an added kick to Extremespeed when the likes of ScarfChomp show up to revenge kill.
Kerudio will definitly love it, and backed with a swords dance boost, he can murder. Gallade will kill everything now and may move to OU, probly not though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)