Member Card now available to Platinum owners via Mystery Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get two, since I have two platinums. I don't NEED them, as I don't play Ubers.(Heck I have never actually competitively battled before) Regardless, It will make for good trading.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good thing I still have my spare platinum games which were intended for VGS as all of them have the national dex.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm sure most of you know this, but just for the record - you need to have encountered Cresselia/obtained the Lunar Wing in order to battle Darkrai.

So unless you want to waste your Cresselia, you oughta start SRing her now!

Expert Evan

All 3 of my platinum games have successfully caught cresselia, so I'm good to go now. There is a 4th platinum game but have yet to RNG abuse with that one except for the shiny VGS milotic wondercard.

I'm sure most of you know this, but just for the record - you need to have encountered Cresselia/obtained the Lunar Wing in order to battle Darkrai.

So unless you want to waste your Cresselia, you oughta start SRing her now!
If we get the Member Card tomorrow, do we have to use it at a certain time? Cos I don't want to waste my cresselia, and I don't want to SR her yet.

Does anyone know whether the Member Card will be released at 12 AM Eastern or Pacific time? What time was the Secret Key released?

I already have a legit Timid Darkrai, but this is fantastic, since the other one's IVs were less than desirable, and I can just synch for this one.

If we get the Member Card tomorrow, do we have to use it at a certain time? Cos I don't want to waste my cresselia, and I don't want to SR her yet.
Nope. Once you've got the Wondercard, you can pick up the Member's Card and go catch Darkrai whenever you want.

Just bloody murder Cresselia then beat the E4. She'll go back to her original position (Platinum only) and you can reset her from there and you still should be able to get Darkrai AFAIK.

-James

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Confirming that European copies of Platinum can receive the Member Card - I've just got mine.

edit: changed the title to remind people the event has started

Expert Evan

Yes the Member Card is now available as a mystery gift as I so far successfully got them in 3 of my platinum games. I'll attempt RNG abuse with them later on.

Edit: my game is saved in front of darkrai in one of my spare platinum games on the date of intended capture and ready to go for later on.

Currently in battle with my shiny Darkrai. :D

Timid 9/23/25/31/23/31. Yeah I know the HP sucks but this is my best shiny timid spread. Will be catching in a heal ball and then putting up for trade on my as-of-yet unmade trade thread.

Edit: Caught him in a master ball because I was scared he'd struggle and die, plus I was out of Spore PP. So annoying when Darkrai gets to +6 evasion. Double team makes catching him much harder than you'd expect. At least it's colour co-ordinated.

Edit: Caught him in a master ball because I was scared he'd struggle and die, plus I was out of Spore PP. So annoying when Darkrai gets to +6 evasion. Double team makes catching him much harder than you'd expect. At least it's colour co-ordinated.
Yeah, I know what you mean. My sleeper (Politoed) was slower than him too, so I had to use like 10 Lava Cookies just keeping my pokémon awake. I was tempted to use the Master Ball, but I came to my senses and caught him in a Premier Ball insatead :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)