np: UU Suspect Test Round 2 - Cold As Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Interesting group of bans this round. Let me gaze into my crystal ball...I see...Hail! Lots of Hail! People will watch in terror as Abomasnow and friends own their teams...And there will be utter ANARCHY!! ANARCHY I SAY!!!

-----
Random Sidenote:

Also, I might give Klingklang a go... Base 100 STAB, and a +1/+2 move avaliable isn't that bad... especially as Steel/Electric [Wild Charge] isn't exactly bad coverage. It only misses out on Lanturn, Shedinja, Ferroseed and the Magnemite line...
And Steelix and nearly every Electric Type and Quagsire and Gastrodon and Camerupt.

Actually Klingklang doesn't even learn Wild Charge, every electric move it gets (bar thunder wave) is special, its physical movepool consists of Return / Frustration, Gear Grind and Rock Smash, it isn't even close to getting past Registeel or any Steel type.

Xatu doesn't have Baton Pass though, so the chain stops at Xatu. Espeon has Wish, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, Espeon has better stats than Xatu. Xatu isn't really anything to write home about TBH. Also, I don't know if you expect to even do anything with a 75 Attack stat. I'd rather concentrate on not getting steamrolled by stuff like Arcanine than this.

breh

強いだね
ahaha espeon is almost unanimously banned trolololol

anyway, xatu is pretty bad as a shell smash reciever. if you take stored power out of the equation with a dark type, you can pretty much screw it over in every other way. tbh, I'd much rather use something like nidoking for that that is much more threatening.

with raptor banned, I'm curious how rhyperior usage will be affected.

Heracross usage will spike like hell for chansey.
random trick users will also abound.
froslass (with or without hail) will be really popular, since there is barely anything that hits it SE; it also conveniently is immune to hail, rapid spin (no t-spikes = chansey has a lot of fun) and seismic toss.

this round will be pretty stally, I presume.

You see a lot of Chansey, that's for sure.

Although stuff like Nidoking will have a field day if Chansey is gone, and we'll see people clamoring to ban Smash/QuiverPass the following round.

Victini is still here though, which asks for more V-Create spammage. :/

You see a lot of Chansey, that's for sure.

Although stuff like Nidoking will have a field day if Chansey is gone, and we'll see people clamoring to ban Smash/QuiverPass the following round.

Victini is still here though, which asks for more V-Create spammage. :/

Then maybe baton pass should be looked at if that happens. But without a decent MB user around, I don't think Quiver passing will be too scary if it can be phased.

Celebi might move to OU, but a 180 base power attack from a 100 atk stat( which is not horrible) is still fine, chilling it up in UU :/

I guess the decent amount of Flashfire pokes keeps Vicini from dominating too much. Also looking at the #2 spot (Donphan) seems good.

Even though I didn't use them, with 2 more pokemon that could take out Chansey gone from UU now, she's going to be even more common. I'm not playing in UU until she's gone, fuck chansey.

Chansey sits at #7. Hitmontop (#3), Heracross (#5), and Arcanine (#6) all have basically the same function as Staraptor against Chansey.

And yes, I realize that they're not exactly replacements for Staraptor, as they may play different overall roles on a team.

Chansey sits at #7. Hitmontop (#3), Heracross (#5), and Arcanine (#6) all have basically the same function as Staraptor against Chansey.

And yes, I realize that they're not exactly replacements for Staraptor, as they may play different overall roles on a team.
Which says a lot about the centralisation that Chansey causes, to be frank:

#1: Staraptor Close Combat, all moves are dangerous for Chansey
#2: Donphan: Cannot beat Chansey, but is a physical attacker, so will force Softboiled/Wishspam
#3: Hitmontop: Fighting Type
#4: Zapdos: Can Roar Chansey out
#5: Heracross: Fighting Type
#6: Arcanine: Close Combat, powerful physical atacks
#7: Chansey

In fact, the first pokemon in the list which is certainly played as a Special Sweeper is Masmagius.

[Espeon was obviously BP a lot of the time, Mew could be any set, Zapdos plays defense and checked Staraptor, Nidoking is a Revenge Killer, Celebi could play support, and Victini is usually physical]

Well, with Staraptor gone, that's one less Chansey check.

Also, I derped with Klingklang, seriously. I could have sworn it had Wild Charge...

I haven't had any problem with chansey ever. Cobalion can taunt her and set up in her face, as can rhyperior (as long as you EV him to outspeed her) and mismagius with substitute. If you trick her a scarf or some junk, then just hit her with a strong physical attack and watch her HP crumble.

No one should even leave chansey against cobalion (or any fighting type really), they should switch to Slowbro or Deo-D, every Sub-ghost can (and should) set up in chansey's face, but chansey switches in the sub to some roarer and then you just lost 25% of your life, i just love chansey and i've always think she's handable, but seriously, when my +6 raikou is a 2hko without SpD investments a piece of my sould cries, i think she should be banned just because she make anything without a fighting attack unusable

I simply can't believe that Chansey was allowed to stay. When a Pokemon with base 5 Defense is used as a physical wall, you know something's not quite right. And WHY were some of the only Pokemon that can beat her banned!?!?

Come on guys, throw out some Chansey killing strategies. Knock Off, Trick, Strong (really strong) fighters. might test out Hariyama, CB Medicham, Heracross later...

the problem of using fighters is that even those with guts do not enjoy the chance of getting Fully pared after T-wave and toxic is bad for setting a set limit to sweep which really puts a damper on usage pretty much the only way to ensure chansey can't screw you over is to have 101 sub or be something like nidoking/steelix who's immune to toxic/t-wave.

Chansey is one of if not the safest thing in UU to switch a Roserade into and start setting up Spikes/Toxic Spikes. Better yet, there aren't any spinners in the tier that are very comfortable with taking on Roserade, so you can start racking up residual damage with switches very quickly.

Then maybe baton pass should be looked at if that happens. But without a decent MB user around, I don't think Quiver passing will be too scary if it can be phased.

Celebi might move to OU, but a 180 base power attack from a 100 atk stat( which is not horrible) is still fine, chilling it up in UU :/

I guess the decent amount of Flashfire pokes keeps Vicini from dominating too much. Also looking at the #2 spot (Donphan) seems good.
That's because Celebi's typing and versatility suits OU a lot better. Plus no weak to SR helps. Victini is great but it wishes it could do some of the stuff Celebi can do (Baton Pass, sweep with CM/NP/SD, defensive with Recover+Natural Cure, run Choice Scarf without an SR weakness).

Not saying Victini is bad, but selling Celebi short just cause it doesn't have something ridiculous like V-Create isn't fair.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No one should even leave chansey against cobalion (or any fighting type really), they should switch to Slowbro or Deo-D, every Sub-ghost can (and should) set up in chansey's face, but chansey switches in the sub to some roarer and then you just lost 25% of your life, i just love chansey and i've always think she's handable, but seriously, when my +6 raikou is a 2hko without SpD investments a piece of my sould cries, i think she should be banned just because she make anything without a fighting attack unusable
Eviolite Chansey indeed has incredible special bulk, withstanding 2 +6 CM Thunderbolts from Raikou (without Life Orb).

Rhyperior is one of the few mons that can set up on Chansey, blocking status with 101+ HP Subs and start Swords Dancing. If Slowbro is an annoyance, you may want a Heracross-esque offense with Stone-Edge + Megahorn. Or you can ditch Sub-Dancing and instead go with Subpunch, Stone-Edge, and Megahorn. Focus Punch does twice the damage as STAB EQ to Chansey, meaning it has no problems taking Chansey out (71-84%).

Slowbro and Deoxys-D also takes 51-61% from Megahorn.

Mismagius is great against Chansey. I really don't see much of a problem with her. yea she's insanely sturdy but she can be stopped easily with trick or knock off. Not to mention that if Machamp happens to fall down to UU or Whimsicott for that matter, Chansey will have some trouble.

That's because Celebi's typing and versatility suits OU a lot better. Plus no weak to SR helps. Victini is great but it wishes it could do some of the stuff Celebi can do (Baton Pass, sweep with CM/NP/SD, defensive with Recover+Natural Cure, run Choice Scarf without an SR weakness).

Not saying Victini is bad, but selling Celebi short just cause it doesn't have something ridiculous like V-Create isn't fair.
I do apologize, I didn't mean to sell Celebi short. I just meant that I would expect certain pokes to move up to UU before Celebi does. Celebi is not the best poke for UU as it does have a large amount of weaknesses, despite some really good resists, and 100 base speed is not as good as it used to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)