Official E3 2010 Topic

i really don't get it, it's the ultimate irony

the wii lags behind the 360 and the ps3 since release thanks in most part due to its quirky "gimmick" control scheme, then the moment the top dog tries to emulate it, the wii sneaks up from behind and steals the top spot?
I agree entirely; I never liked the motion sensitive control schemes, so it makes me laugh that the other big guys are trying to emulate it. I also like Penny Arcade's take.

Anyone else see Konami's surreal press conference?

It was so bad that it was good. And it had everything: Late start, technical difficulties, a rapping game, a dancing game, a shooting game featuring young anime girls, luchadores, Oprah, live high school choir performance, Japanese cowboys, a bunch of lousy games, a few decent games, MGS Rising, Castlevania and tons of engrish.

I struggled to find a site that had a live coverage and ultimately gave up; if you could make a short summary or give us a link, it would be appreciated :)

I saw the three major ones; Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony. Fanboyism aside, I really think Nintendo took the cake this year. It's a bit obvious, with all of this nostalgia and 3DS running around, a lot of people would be drawn towards the company.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I honestly don't think Mario Sports will turn out bad. As long as it isn't anything at all like Olympics - which sucked - it should be a good game. I am a fan of Super Sluggers and Power Tennis, and I think Nintendo does a decent job at making cartoonish sports games.

Kinect/Natal still seems stupid and gimmicky, but that's just my opinion. I have yet to see how it works with the numerous first- and third-person shooters in the 360's library. And Playstation Move is just... do I need to comment? Look at its controller and look at the Wii's controller. <___<

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I just came in to say;

Nintendo fucking raped.That is all.

I know this has been said before but I just can't control myself. I really, really can't wait for the 3DS, and ALL the other good shit Nintendo is giving.

Nintendo just... ate everyone else alive.

oh and gj plagiarizing Sony

Oh god, i just kinda saw the microsoft presentation.

I lol'd.

Still eagerly awaitin' Epic Yarn. It's like the cooler version of LittleBigPlanet.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i was disappointed with hearing nothing of dance dance revolution (besides a wii game) but apparently one of kinects launch game, dance masters, is a ddr-like game which has me thinking about it now.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/77449/dance-masters/videos/e310_dancemasters_1_spc_061410.html game play looks more gamey than just dance/dance central and it has bemanis song in it too (a gaisha dream and night of fire). unfortunately someone pumped up the (c)rap music on a different game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVT4M5tC4Q short (;_;) clip of naoki maeda playing the game

info http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/forums/DanceMastersFactSheet.pdf

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I just came in to say;

Nintendo fucking raped.That is all.

I know this has been said before but I just can't control myself. I really, really can't wait for the 3DS, and ALL the other good shit Nintendo is giving.

Nintendo just... ate everyone else alive.

oh and gj plagiarizing Sony
Yeah Nintendos conference made my pussy so wet

Haha i loved Penny Arcade's take, like always.

True, with all the attention Nintendo got today (deserved) i really missed a bit of Castlevania Lords of Shadows which looks pretty good!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I honestly don't think Mario Sports will turn out bad. As long as it isn't anything at all like Olympics - which sucked - it should be a good game. I am a fan of Super Sluggers and Power Tennis, and I think Nintendo does a decent job at making cartoonish sports games.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is by a Sega team.
Mario Sports Mix is going to be by one of Square Enix' teams.
Super Mario Sluggers is by a Namco Bandai team.
Mario Power Tennis is by Camelot.

Still eagerly awaitin' Epic Yarn.

That's one nitpick I have about Nintendo's conference. Why the hell do they have two games using the word Epic? Granted, one of them isn't really Nintendo's game (Epic Mickey), but it sort of got on my nerves that they were completely using a stupid word in the title of a game.

Hehehe... I totally knew that. ;_;

Well, pretty much every Mario sports game that didn't include Sonic turned out good. So... I guess that will probably hold true for Sports Mix.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It has Mario Hockey! Just take what Hudson did with the hockey mini-game in that one Mario Party and expand! Or take what Next Level Games did with Mario Strikers Charged and replace the soccer players with hockey players. Charged was basically a hockey game disguised as a soccer game anyway (being the makers of NHL Hitz and located in Canada does that I guess).

I have to say I'm actually a bit disappointed with how the new Zelda looks...after how dark and beautiful TP was SS just seems so...childish. And gimmicky...I mean, all they talked about was the 1-to-1 swordplay! Where's the plot? And honestly, *Skyward Sword*? What???? I hope that, given the phenomenally long time before it's going to be released (most likely Christmas 2011) they actually spend some time making it a good game. -_-

EDIT: and Penny Arcade wins, as always ^^

Firestorm

I believe the plot is the same thing i has been for the past dozen games. I really don't think they needed to spend time on plot. Not to mention the art style is great. I assume it means this still won't be the game which covers when Ganon wins but hey at least it looks good. Let's save the realistic graphics for a system that can do it justice.

I actually think the use of the WiiMote and Nunchuck makes it more realistic. The main point behind the Wii is to stray away from the conventional button-mashing aspect of video games, and slashing your WiiMote at your TV is a fun way to kill enemies in a sword game. I agree with Firestorm on the artwork, and Nintendo has never been grade A with its graphics. Not to mention that LoZ isn't even a realistic series, so having over-the-top realistic graphics is moreso a waste of time than a plus to the game.

The name doesn't seem too odd, and I'm sure the plot would revolve around it, like it did in Wind Waker and Ocarina.

Firestorm

Well, Nintendo used to be Grade A with their graphics and even used it as a selling point from NES to GCN. Wii is the first time they've had a significantly weak system.

To be fair, there wasn't really much competition in the earlier video games. Sure, you had Sega and Atari, but Nintendo was the leader in graphics.

And I'm pretty sure the PS2 and XBOX beat the Gamecube in terms of graphics, but don't quote me on that. And it's not like the Wii didn't improve their graphics; I'm pretty sure the Wii has similar, if not the same graphics as the PS2 did.

Looking at the E3 presentation for the 3DS, though, Kid Icarus in general looks extremely pixelated. I hope the actual 3D game doesn't have horrible graphics, and would actually be worth the price. D:

Mmm I don't really care about the graphics themselves...it was the art style in TP which i really loved. I guess it is hard to tell just from the demos how the game proper will look/play...maybe this brighter tone will grow on me, I really hope so. :D

OoT on 3DS will be AWESOME, though! XD

EDIT: changed my mind, the cell shaded style looks great :)

Nintendo is still somewhat good with their graphics (considering the 3DS and other portable nintendo systems), the wii just kinda let them down in that factor

And i assume that Kid Icarus is only pixely because of the trailer, hopefully they smoothen it out.

Firestorm

The GameCube had better graphics capabilities than the PS2. The Xbox had better graphics capabilities than the GameCube.

The 3DS hardly improves on the PSP and is coming out 6 years later. Handhelds have never been powerful for Nintendo because they realize power matters a lot less than battery life. I think 3DS is going to have visuals similar to the iPhone or PSP when all is said and done.

Don't forget Mario Hoops 3-on-3, which was developed by Square Enix (and thus the similarities I saw in the basketball video), so I suspect the same team should be handling this.

Very excited for the 3DS, just knowing that we get a Star Fox 64 remake has me drooling.

I dunno, I seem to be the only one but the 3DS didn't give me the raging hard on I was anticipating. Maybe I was expecting too much cause to me the only big news really is the improved graphics and processing power that comes with it, other than that I didn't find myself that interested in the system itself and more into the games. At least its not a big waste of time like the pointless DSi which was only out for year before Nintendo tried to start selling the even more pointless DSi XL.

Microsoft disappointed me, not because the lack of exclusives as I never really cared for that, but the new 360 itself. I was really expecting more serious revamps and new features that would make the previous model obsolete, like the PS2 Slim or at least Microsoft acknowledging the retarded internal design and assuring the cooling was reworked so they wont be slowly cooking themselves to death and wasting the play time the users have to pay for. Kenetic, like Move (which I didn't know about till E3) just seems like all gimmick no purpose that's gonna rape these two companies.

lol Sony, after 6 Godforsaken years GT5 has a release date. They will literally need to pull off sometime inane on the scale of GTA IV or even the more recent Super Mario Galaxy to win back a lot of people who just got fed up of waiting and reward the people who actually bought the overpriced demo. I might just buy a PS3 to play this and Twisted Metal which looks insane to say the least.

Creamed my pants when I saw the new Need For Speed trailer, it took Burnout's Criterion Games team to do what Black Box didn't have the balls or common sense to do what the fans wanted, a complete reboot of Need For Speed. No more body kits, wings and paint stripes, just super cars and cops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)