Official E3 2010 Topic

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't forget Mario Hoops 3-on-3, which was developed by Square Enix (and thus the similarities I saw in the basketball video), so I suspect the same team should be handling this.

Very excited for the 3DS, just knowing that we get a Star Fox 64 remake has me drooling.
Yeah, I think it'll be the Hoops team as well.

Also, apparently the Konami conference was the greatest event in the history of anything ever. There only seems to be a repeating stream so I'm hoping someone has a download. It's just restarting now and I need to go to bed. It sounds pretty awesome. I need to watch it by the end of the week. The few bits I've heard are gold.

it looks like nintendo poured out all the big games in the conference.

I'm pumped. Last year was a good start, this year is building up on last year in a huge way. Definitley getting the 3DS. I'm gonna add DKCReturns and probably Kirby's Epic Yarn to my library of Wii games.

YES!

I don't mean to be hating or anything but let's not get ahead of ourselves... I mean are you actually in LA right now? How can you say a game will be 'GOTY easily' when we have seen only a couple of videos? How can you know that Zelda SS will be as good as its predecessors or say it will be 'one of the best Wii games' when it's scheduled for next year (not that it's a hard thing to accomplish)? What is the thing that Retro Studios does better than other developers which can be applied to both Metroid Prime and DKCR?

I know this is a Pokémon forum and a little bit of 'Nintendo loyalty' should be expected but this is just mindless, blind adoration and it's like giving Nintendo the green flag for more of the kind of milking they've been doing for the past 2-4 years :x
Well i agree that my post a bit fanboy-ish but I dont think we´ll ever see a bad zelda game from nintendo in the next 10-20 years, you can say what you want but they are making great games since many many years and i dont see why they would stop now. The GOTY thing was more MY personal GOTY and not that i´m sure will be the best of all, i just know i will like it a lot. And Retro are the best at developing games, the MP-trilogy is such an gigantic bunch of awesomeness that i cant wait for DKCR, again, just my opinion, you can think what you want, but I say these games will all be over the top, and you can quote me by that.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WEll we saw a bad Zelda only six months ago so I don't think you can be that sure about the next 10 years...

Maybe it'll turn out to be one bad zelda game a decade....

Hopefully.....
Well if they made Mario Galaxy 2 better than the first one (And quite frankly the best mario game ever), then maybe this new zelda game will be great too.

WEll we saw a bad Zelda only six months ago so I don't think you can be that sure about the next 10 years...

ST wasnt bad, it just wasnt as outstanding as the other ones, a bad Zelda would be a zelda game which is bad, and ST doesnt fit this characteristic, so the last one was ~20 years ago and not from nintendo. And even if ST was actually bad, which it wasnt, I am 100% sure SS won´t be.

Firestorm

No Spirit Tracks was a bad game. As in, it was not fun to play. It's the only non-CDi Zelda game I haven't finished in the last two decades. It's badly designed.

Anyway, it seems Anouma is not the director on Skyward Sword. He is now the Producer much like Miyamoto went from Director to Producer after OoT. The new director is from Capcom and worked on the Oracle games as well as The Minish Cap. Fortunately, he had no part in the DS titles. Oracle games were awesome and Minish Cap was pretty fun too so let's see if he can translate that to 3D.

Arch, the Mario Galaxy games (and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat) are by Nintendo Tokyo who have nothing to do with Zelda.

Oh and on Retro, honestly, they're an amazing studio and DKCR looks awesome but we shouldn't forget how terrible a state they were in before Metroid Prime nor should we forget that some of their key staff has now left =P

ST wasnt bad, it just wasnt as outstanding as the other ones, a bad Zelda would be a zelda game which is bad, and ST doesnt fit this characteristic, so the last one was ~20 years ago and not from nintendo. And even if ST was actually bad, which it wasnt, I am 100% sure SS won´t be.
Yeah, ST wasn't terrible. So, even though this SS game MAY be bad, it'll still be an enjoyable game, you'd assume.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man why is no one talking about Crysis 2 right now? It looks fucking awesome from the trailers I've seen. I am so buying day 1.

I'm with Firestorm in this one, i'm a huge Zelda fan and i just never found the charm in Spirit Tracks, it was worst than Phantom Hourglass, which was not a bad game but was not one of the best Zelda games either. Still to this day, ST remains unfinished in my shelve.

Spirit Tracks' dungeons were better, but the miniquests and travel were awful. If you could get past that, the actual gameplay parts were great.

Arch, the Mario Galaxy games (and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat) are by Nintendo Tokyo who have nothing to do with Zelda.
Oh welllllllllllllllllll

Just making a general statement. This generation tends to have much better "2nd" games than firsts.

Oh welllllllllllllllllll

Just making a general statement. This generation tends to have much better "2nd" games than firsts.
What exactly do you mean by 2nd? Brawl? Corruption? i´m not really sure what´s considered 2nd and what 1st party.

And now i´m just getting hyped of kid icarus-.- I mean, the fast flying gameplay in 3D has got to be awesome! Ihope it won´t be as short as I think, games like this dont tend to be long in my expierience...

Kid Icarus looks a lot like Zelda for some reason, something about the style of it. I'm thinking it'll be closer to a hack and slash which would be a bit odd for something of Kid Icarus' nature.

Epic Mickey looks even more epic than before except for the graphics. It seems kind of like a step backward but then again it's supposed to be a cartoon world, and translating that to a 3D environment isn't always easy.

Yeah, Kid icarus looks like stafox meets Zelda for me. I also think it´s more action oriented, from what i´ve seen. I wonder if it´s a release title or if we will have to wait after 3DS comes out.

What exactly do you mean by 2nd? Brawl? Corruption? i´m not really sure what´s considered 2nd and what 1st party.
I meant 2nd as in sequels.

Regardless, still hyped for Zelda this year.
My Wii might get as much use as my PS3 this year.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Looks like my Wii will get some play soon with NBA Jam coming out (and I guess the other games). I'm actually kind of excited for the 3DS, the graphics look amazing, though the controls will probably blow as usual for most games. Metal Gear Rising looks great, seems like Raiden won't be sneaking around, hopefully it turns out ok. Kinect and Move are jokes, I was interested at first in Kinect, but the more I think about it the more I realize one reason I don't play my Wii is because the controls are really dumb and gets annoying after awhile holding your arms out for something like Mario Kart. So no thanks on the Kinect.

Well, simply put, Nintendo Won E3. Its funny because Nintendo went for new things, remakes, and GAMES! Bringing back older gamers with Goldeneye and LoZ: OoT and Star Fox 64 and more remakes. The other two systems went for Wii Killers, and they sort of failledddd... Considering the Kinect costs just as much as the Wii, and each of the Ps3 Move remotes are $100 each, sooo they will not be very successful. Good luck Sony and Microsoft, because Nintendo isn't dying as quickly as you hoped =)

Firestorm

Kid Icarus looks like Sin & Punishment more than any of the games I'm seeing you guys name.

Kid Icarus looks like Sin & Punishment more than any of the games I'm seeing you guys name.
Now that you mention it... yep, exactly. I didnt think of S&P but really looks like that, but has S&P ground combat? i never played it. and OMG would metroid prime 3D be epic. but meh, the series is over. Hopefully they bring that metroid dread thingy or any other metroid game. And Okami 3 in 3D, that would look sooooooooo good

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i knew it looked familiar

and yes as i recall s&p is equal parts ground and flight more or less

it looks like (new) kid icarus really is a spiritual successor to that style, which i actually think looks like really good fun

Yeah it's a good thing sin and punishment kicks so much ass, I would have liked a more traditional sequel to kid icarus but this has me just as excited. I love fast paced high action rail games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)