NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Fun way to make engagement :)

- I feel like Zippy is just a very easy person to read, he's always extremely vocal and seems to get annoyed / annoying very easily.
Idk what a legacy read is

- Probably having a sarcastic tone for something and not meaning it, I feel like I've also been kind of pigeonholded into dropping a d1 readlist, and I've been trying to stick to it to not go out of my town meta :P
merci mon ami

legacy read just means that if you were to be ko'd, would you want others to look back on that read and give merit to it

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
There is no way that Psy getting picked for gun clears anyone
this is the real correct answer, for the record

i'm just tr'ing realiti for it cause i don't think his mafia opener is as shitty as "i'm townspewed cause psy got gun" and he probably does think he should be cleared for that. ime with realiti, as mafia he's more of the type to blend into town and say agreeable things, this type of comment is somewhat more in line with his town game

it's way too early anyways, it's just the sole opener that i read when catching up that i wanted to townread on gut

also what is even relevant about that like where are you getting questioning me when im mechanically cleared
My only question for you was if your style changed. I saw a couple of posts that were in blocky format, but you quickly swapped back to lots of short posts instead.

I was requesting that you question us because you're mechanically cleared and thus the only one in a perfect position to do so.

feels like it’s been a hot second since I mentioned it and this is a big game so to the folk who hide activity do be aware that as a mod I can see you online. I will not be using it for any thought I have about this game
faux helpfulness
Wait who gave psy the gun LOL
fake unwarranted reaction
Pretty sure psy having the gun spews me town
realiti trying to fit into his town meta
I didn't realise how funny maf giving someone the gun would be lmao
language distancing from being mafia
it gives us info that psy is town at least
yeah. wow. who would've thought the mechanics of the game do what it said they'd do in the setup
I'm gonna get shot aren't I
do you wanna test me?
I mean in the grand scheme of things, they either a) die tonight, or b) get killed by maf tommorow
mc trying to townslip? there are no night phases
I'm firmly in favor of immediately shooting anyone who says this. Asking to be given the gun is asking gunbearer to waste a shot, which is pure anti-town.
ngl I think asking for someone to be immediately shot is kind of towny. or at least an adequate mafia player would try to pump the brakes a bit to fit in and seem responsible which is usually more auras style as mafia
seconding this, it's hard for me to avoid looking at it so i'm planning on disregarding activity as much as humanly possible in forming reads

won't mention it as a factor etc
the solution here is for everyone to turn activity on
realiti townlean

all else can eat lead so far

Thunder~BALLZ Whydon alignment

hurry...
why are you eating up his crumbs like dont
At work for gamestart. Lovely.

I'd like to start this game off by reminding everyone that both previous games had a deepwolf that was near-universally townread and I'm fully expecting that to happen a third time... that being said DO. NOT. HEROSHOOT. EARLY. You'll misfire and we'll all regret it. Game 2 has lots of evidence of this point, it's better to just flip someone that's looking iffy.

Also a lot of new faces to me this game... time to wait and metaread the few older folks at lunch
theres a lot to unpack in this. hate the first line its standard mafia I need to lower the potential of me being targeted as much as possible. enlighten us on your meta knowledge a bit here. you yourself read the past two games on here?
also i didn't expect psy to have gun whatsoever if he rolled town, just knowing how polarizing he is

at least as of when we last played mafia together, so it may not be true anymore if he's finally gone and touched a water stone
maybe read up before you make assumptions. in general I hate any sort of discussion of my slot because it's all speculative uselessness that wants to look like it's making a thought but does nothing to solve
i'm not an icebreaker fan but i also don't want this game to be inac so here's a happy medium, since so many of you are new to me:

- is there anyone who you feel confident in being able to read in this playerlist & would like for a legacy read to be considered
- what's something you feel you get misread as scum for when town, if anything
I feel like I have a decent understanding hydro as a player but I've still never seen him play scum so I dont know how well he can replicate his town posting but based on his personality I would frankly assume not well. early game hydro is a worst nightmare lhf. hes shaky, skittery, not very coherent or connected to the thread, and a brush of pressure can set him into a blaze and result in extremely suspicious reactions. hes easy to scumread when hes town but lategame is when he makes his alignment very clear. I would prefer everyone to consider hydro in past games and go light on him unless something is REALLY wrong and also HydrogenHydreigon dont think this means you're getting a free pass. no. I will shoot you. get in here and do stuff still I'm just advising people not to fall into the same pitfalls many have been trapped in when it comes to reading you bht this isn't you getting let off the hook I just wanna make sure you know that
Try reading Lady Salamence's article about the mafia revival: https://www.smogon.com/articles/circus-mafia-revival
See that Lucarrio in page image? That's me. See how evil I am in that image? Read the article. I'm almost always mafia. Yes, this is how I always talk; because I'm mafia so often I don't have a town personality.
wait I didnt hear about this omg I'm gonna read after I finish writing I'm so excited
Fun way to make engagement :)

- I feel like Zippy is just a very easy person to read, he's always extremely vocal and seems to get annoyed / annoying very easily.
Idk what a legacy read is

- Probably having a sarcastic tone for something and not meaning it, I feel like I've also been kind of pigeonholded into dropping a d1 readlist, and I've been trying to stick to it to not go out of my town meta :P
I think the zippy read here is off and we've seen him in two games both of them with him as town. I'm not sure where you're getting this on zippy of all people considering some in the pl you have much more experience with
Psy, am I imagining things, or has the situation of you being IC+Vig equivalent changed your posting style?

Also, could you please demand questions of us, since you're the only one who's hardclear?
like why does my attitude even matter I'm confirmed you worry about yourselves and I'll handle my situation thank you

My only question for you was if your style changed. I saw a couple of posts that were in blocky format, but you quickly swapped back to lots of short posts instead.

I was requesting that you question us because you're mechanically cleared and thus the only one in a perfect position to do so.
I know what you were asking and I said I dont feel like doing that right now

the blocks posts were because clouds immediately gave me motivation to torture him

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
- is there anyone who you feel confident in being able to read in this playerlist & would like for a legacy read to be considered
- what's something you feel you get misread as scum for when town, if anything
1) Anyone from the first two popcorn games, honestly
2) Filler. FILLER FILLER FILLER, FILLER FILLER! That and some folks don't like my "Wait for scum to flip, full-ISO them and hunt for other scum based on their own fakereads" strategy.

enlighten us on your meta knowledge a bit here. you yourself read the past two games on here?
I was a player in both, correctly pinned the deepscum in first game but we lost because last gunman failed to listen, was one of last two townies in our victory in the second... avoiding the shot in the 3-way because at that point it was clear either of the other two would've shot me next anyway. Lucky leet picked correctly. As for meta, answered this above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)