Post your searing hot takes

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

You know it's true. You know damn fucking well that by the latter half of this decade Youtube will be swarmed with vids talking about why The Last Jedi and Aladdin 2019 were actually underrated gems the whole time. Honestly I shouldn't even be posting it in here because it's an objective fact based on realities of internet culture. They thought the prequels would never get a fanbase. They thought Gen 5 would never get a fanbase. And yet look at where they are now.

Brace yourselves.

I never really understood why the prequels got so much hate back then and low rotten tomatoes rating (with the exception of Episode 3) while the sequels got high rotten tomatoes rating (with the exception of Episode 9) + the Force Awakens being praised on release. The prequels, for all its flaws (Jar Jar Binks, mediocre dialogue), had at least an original story. The Force Awakens took the story structure of the first ever Star Wars film (A New Hope) and pasted its own characters on the structure, complete with the explosion of a giant space station.

The prequels also had killer lightsaber battles, which were slowed down in the sequels. It's also weird that people hated the political aspect in the prequels when political drama series were always popular, then and now: Law and Order, Game of Thrones, etc.

episode 3 is the best star wars media unironically
I agree

I never really understood why the prequels got so much hate back then and low rotten tomatoes rating (with the exception of Episode 3) while the sequels got high rotten tomatoes rating (with the exception of Episode 9) + the Force Awakens being praised on release. The prequels, for all its flaws (Jar Jar Binks, mediocre dialogue), had at least an original story. The Force Awakens took the story structure of the first ever Star Wars film (A New Hope) and pasted its own characters on the structure, complete with the explosion of a giant space station.
The worst part of Force Awakens is how shameless it was. I distinctly remember one scene where they have the plans for the new Death Star, and Han says something to the effect of "well there's gotta be an exhaust port somewhere, that's how we did it the first time".

The prequels also had killer lightsaber battles, which were slowed down in the sequels. It's also weird that people hated the political aspect in the prequels when political drama series were always popular, then and now: Law and Order, Game of Thrones, etc.

I agree
prequels were something the audience didn't expect or want (jarjar, podracing, etc). political aspect also is the same bc it wasn't built up nor expected nor done well (slowed down the pace of the movie)
it was ok to hate ig and i think rotten tomatoes was retroactive

force awakens was praised because it was a new starwars movie, and while nostalgia bait, was something fans wanted (even if it wasnt a good movie)

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
The fact that Nintendo didn't even know King K. Rool was a well-liked villain up until the Smash Ballot, as well as the fact there isn't a Donkey Kong Country trilogy remake, is a perfect representation of how out of touch Nintendo is with the franchise. Donkey Kong has gone from the character that jumpstarted Nintendo's success in the game industry, to one of the most poorly managed characters of all time. It's a disgrace.

The fact that Nintendo didn't even know King K. Rool was a well-liked villain up until the Smash Ballot, as well as the fact there isn't a Donkey Kong Country trilogy remake, is a perfect representation of how out of touch Nintendo is with the franchise. Donkey Kong has gone from the character that jumpstarted Nintendo's success in the game industry, to one of the most poorly managed characters of all time. It's a disgrace.
I feel like DK was always poorly managed as a character. Started as the main antagonist, then the character in need of rescue, then back to main antagonist but this time he's being a dick to some bug dude, then his son appears in a few games in his stead, then Rare comes along and says "actually DK is the grandson, and the son doesn't exist" and introduced a fuckload of Kremlings (many of which only appear in a single game or spinoff) as well as a fuckload of new Kongs and (again, many of which only appear in a single game), and all the while DK is also back to being a dick to Mario but now toys are involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)