Prankster

@lumpor, most probably yes. A faster Tormentor will stop a second move will happening in 4th gen; no reason for that to change.

On a side note, a Taunting would be seriously amazing. Is there a Mischievous Heart priority wielder?

If an opponent first ice beams you, then selects it again, and you use priority torment, does the opponent lose a turn?
That's how it worked in gen 4 so I would guess so yes, also, does any mischevious heart pokemon get encore and torment? and would encore -> torment work?

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
That's how it worked in gen 4 so I would guess so yes, also, does any mischevious heart pokemon get encore and torment? and would encore -> torment work?
Erufuun gets encore and Taunt, so you could Encore say Trick Room, use Taunt the next turn and they would just sit there and Struggle. Free SubSeeding FTW.

With this Ability, the Lead metagame would be messed up. Things like Azelf bow down to Erufuun completely. Priority Encore is helpful for stopping anything that sets up, like DD Ononokusu and Gyarados. Not to mention it pretty much makes Erufuun the best Leech Seeder in the game. It also gives Volbeat a reason to live..

That's not all. I found another interesting user of Mischievous Heart. While it's frail as hell at first sight, however it's the only Pokemon with access to Mischievous Heart TORMENT (If I'm not mistaken). That's right. There's one guy with access to this move ;). It's... Murkrow. However there's one saving item for Murkrow - it's Pre-Evo Stone, as even without investment it has higher defenses then LickyLicky, which also didn't invest into defenses (but much lower HP that is). However 'base' 9x defenses aren't horrible.

Murkrow also has access to few interesting supporting options. Torment, Taunt, Roost, Haze, Toxic, T-Wave, Mirror Move, Confuse Ray, Perish Song, Psych Up... many interesting supporting options.

I don't think that anyone seriously would consider Murkrow for higher tiers, however in lower ones may be interesting. And if you really want to use it - it hits both Espeon and Erufuun for SE damage, so you may beat them 1on1.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Torunerosu, Borutorosu, Sableye, and Leperadusu all have access to Torment (TM 41) in BW.

I think that this set might work I tried it out earlier I subbed on the switch when he went to Roobushin used toxic and effectively toxic stalled it to death this could work for other troublesome things in the new metagame at first I did have a different set but i used this one. and T-bolt just for stab. and with mischievous heart no need to worry about speed.

Borutorosu@Leftovers
252hp/252def/4.sp.def
Bold - Mischievous Heart

- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Thunder Bolt

Leperadusu+Assist+Mischievous heart+Choice Band+A team full pokemon that know nothing but dragon tail= 32 free attacks (and if you can get rocks and spikes up, you probably win)

Will Whirlwind receive +1 priority with this? If so, with three layers of spikes/rocks down, you can win with Murkrow.
I'd have to imagine it couldn't work that way.

Will Whirlwind receive +1 priority with this? If so, with three layers of spikes/rocks down, you can win with Honchcrow.
I'd have to imagine it couldn't work that way.
No, it was tested in the research thread, and found to have -5 priority instead of -6. In other words, Mischievous Heart only increases the priority of a move by one level.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Leperadusu+Assist+Mischievous heart+Choice Band+A team full pokemon that know nothing but dragon tail= 32 free attacks (and if you can get rocks and spikes up, you probably win)
Wow. I have to try this now. Due to the 90% accuracy, I think I will go with Wide Lens, or maybe use Whirlwind instead. Hooray for suicide leads! They have a use once more.

If Assist works the way it did in Gen 4, you don't have a higher chance of selecting the move if more Pokemon on your team know it. So even though you'd have a bunch of Pokemon with Dragon Tail, you wouldn't get it more often than if only one of you Pokemon had Dragon Tail. Still an interesting idea, since the one Fighting attack, Roar, and Whirlwind could be used as well to increase your chances.

I'm thinking just dragon tail since it will work on every pokemon except shedinja, cradily and octillery, or an extremespeeder, or a faster priority user (which is quite rare as leperadusu has 106 speed, and there's no need to put ev's anywhere other than attack and speed).

I'm thinking just dragon tail since it will work on every pokemon except shedinja, cradily and octillery, or an extremespeeder, or a faster priority user (which is quite rare as leperadusu has 106 speed, and there's no need to put ev's anywhere other than attack and speed).
Well Whirlwind works on every Pokemon but Cradily and Octillery and has higher Accuracy so it outclasses it there. Still, there's really no reason not to use atleast Dragon Tail, Roar, and Whirlwind together. The Fighting move is debatable because it won't hit Ghosts but it seems like it's better than using a non phazing move altogether on that turn.

Well Whirlwind works on every Pokemon but Cradily and Octillery and has higher Accuracy so it outclasses it there. Still, there's really no reason not to use atleast Dragon Tail, Roar, and Whirlwind together. The Fighting move is debatable because it won't hit Ghosts but it seems like it's better than using a non phazing move altogether on that turn.
Dragon tail does damage, and if there's nothing but dragon tail for assist, the leopard will always do unreturnable priority damage and there's nothing the enemy can do about it.

You could pack the rest of the pokemon with focus punch and destiny bond and stuff like that.

Stall pokemon love this ability. Only concern is Magic Mirror. Otherwise, many pokemon benefit from this. I'm already planning to try a few pokemons with this ability.

Erufuun gets encore and Taunt, so you could Encore say Trick Room, use Taunt the next turn and they would just sit there and Struggle. Free SubSeeding FTW.

With this Ability, the Lead metagame would be messed up. Things like Azelf bow down to Erufuun completely. Priority Encore is helpful for stopping anything that sets up, like DD Ononokusu and Gyarados. Not to mention it pretty much makes Erufuun the best Leech Seeder in the game. It also gives Volbeat a reason to live..
im not seeing this. doesnt Azelf just fire blast Erufuun to sash then switch out to escape torment?

Erufuun used taunt
Azelf used Fire blast

Azelf switched to Scizor
Erufuun used torment.

Erufuun uses whatever/switches.
scizor uses U-turn to Azelf.

if im wrong please correct me.

im not seeing this. doesnt Azelf just fire blast Erufuun to sash then switch out to escape torment?

Erufuun used taunt
Azelf used Fire blast

Azelf switched to Scizor
Erufuun used torment.

Erufuun uses whatever/switches.
scizor uses U-turn to Azelf.

if im wrong please correct me.
I would have Subbed the first turn to scout if it wants to Uturn to something/FireBlast. Priority Encore the Rocks if it chooses, or Uturn if it Taunts.

I cant believe they left out Volbeat on the front page of this thread. This is rediculous!

People, this previously NU pokemon is the BEST user of Mischievous Heart hands down. Erufuun will have a run for its money, as the move Tail Glow (exclusive to Volbeat and Manaphy) has been boosted, and now boosts sp.atk by +3. It also has Baton Pass, meaning in just 2 turns it can baton pass a +3 sp.atk to a sweeper. Thats an insane advantage. In 3 turns it can pass a +6 boost. And it also has access to encore to help it out, not to mention thunder wave, confuse ray, swagger, substitute, toxic, moonlight, flash, light screen, trick, sunny day and rain dance to name the notable support moves.. It can also outspeed Gyarados and take it out with a thunderbolt with 1 Tail Glow, just to put its usefulness in perspective. This thing is unique in that unless the opponent is running extremespeed, it can set up, attack, and then priority baton pass away on something that will kill it. It can baton pass away before scizor can bullet punch him as well, as volbeat has a base 85 speed.

His Illimuse counterpart sadly has nothing on him, and Erufuun better watch out..

I recently made a thread dedicated to Volbeat as a Mischievous Heart abuser. Click the link to see his awesomeness for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)