Rotom Forms

Huh. IMO, Rotom-W is a good Pokemon, a good choice for any team needing a bulky water. The part-Electric typing is a boon since Levitate nullifies the only weakness gained, while the neutrality to Electric and resistance to Flying can only be plus points. 50/107/107 defensive stats are decent, and while the low HP is unfortunate it can occasionally be used to your advantage (Pain Split, Wish support etc). Access to Volt Change and Will-O-Wisp is HUGE for a bulky water as well.

Rotom-W is a good Pokemon, a good choice for any team needing a bulky water. The part-Electric typing is a boon since Levitate nullifies the only weakness gained, while the neutrality to Electric and resistance to Flying can only be plus points. 50/107/107 defensive stats are decent, and while the low HP is unfortunate it can occasionally be used to your advantage (Pain Split, Wish support etc). Access to Volt Change and Will-O-Wisp is HUGE for a bulky water as well.
It's just so amazingly outclassed by Cune it isn't even funny

I disagree. Suicune is vulnerable to entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes, and is a poorer counter to a lot of stuff without Levitate. Think Nidoking, Doryuuzu and Randorosu. STAB Thunderbolt is also something Suicune would die for since it threatens opposing bulky waters as well.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I wanted to pull a sarcastic response, but forget it. I don't see Rotom-W as badly outclassed by Suicune at all. Suicune doesn't get trick, will-o-wisp, pain split, volt change, any of rotom's electric attacks. Suicune doesn't possess an electric nuetrality, flying resistance, nor a ground immunity. If need be, rotom-W can run thunder wave as well.

I don't necessarily see the forms as dissapointing. Rotom-O is an even better Scizor counter than before and has a 4x ground weakness that gets negated by levitate for example.

Agreed. Suicune and Rotom-w are barely comparable. They use entirely different movesets. Suicune has Roar, Surf, Ice Beam, and Calm Mind, while Rotom has Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, WoW, Trick, Pain Split, etc. Suicune has inferior typing and ability but a lot more bulk, while Rotom-w has typing, ability, and movepool to make up for its difference in bulk.

Suicune=/=Rotom-w.

I disagree. Suicune is vulnerable to entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes, and is a poorer counter to a lot of stuff without Levitate. Think Nidoking, Doryuuzu and Randorosu. STAB Thunderbolt is also something Suicune would die for since it threatens opposing bulky waters as well.
Cune can learn rest and sleep talk

I wanted to pull a sarcastic response, but forget it. I don't see Rotom-W as badly outclassed by Suicune at all. Suicune doesn't get trick, will-o-wisp, pain split, volt change, any of rotom's electric attacks. Suicune doesn't possess an electric nuetrality, flying resistance, nor a ground immunity. If need be, rotom-W can run thunder wave as well.

I don't necessarily see the forms as dissapointing. Rotom-O is an even better Scizor counter than before and has a 4x ground weakness that gets negated by levitate for example.
Oh yeah, yay for Flying resist! Those electric attacks aren't that great either, and Cune also learns Boil Over, which is arguably a batter Will-o-wisp as it has about half the effect chance and STAB damage. Cune can also run Calm Mind sets with HP Electric

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you high? Rotom can learn Rest and Sleep Talk. What are you trying to say?

Flying resist helps against Gliscor, elec neutrality definately haelps such as against the genies, STAB doesn't matter with a 60 BP move and for a bulky poke you really want to passive damage to be reliable.

Oh yeah, yay for Flying resist! Those electric attacks aren't that great either, and Cune also learns Boil Over, which is arguably a batter Will-o-wisp as it has about half the effect chance and STAB damage. Cune can also run Calm Mind sets with HP Electric
If electric attacks aren't that great, why is Suicune using HP Electric?

By "half" the effect, you're comparing the accuracy of thunderbolt to the accuracy of zap cannon. We all know how great zap cannon is.

Suicune has a much, much less effective choiced set. Like, to the point of being uncompetitive.

I like how you skipped over the parts you didn't have an answer for.

Are you high? Rotom can learn Rest and Sleep Talk. What are you trying to say?

Flying resist helps against Gliscor, elec neutrality definately haelps such as against the genies, STAB doesn't matter with a 60 BP move and for a bulky poke you really want to passive damage to be reliable.
I'm saying vulnerability to Toxic Spikes isn't that big a deal. Read the actual thread, please
How about we all agree they're not really that comparable and serve different roles on teams? Which they do.
If by that you mean Rotom-W serves the roles of being a worse Suicune and having very little use with far worse defenses and meh SpA

You're going to sit there and tell us that Rotom-W's immunity to Ground, neutrality to Electric, STAB Thunderbolt, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp are insignificant when it comes to comparing him to Suicune? Get out of here.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm saying vulnerability to Toxic Spikes isn't that big a deal. Read the actual thread, please

If by that you mean Rotom-W serves the roles of being a worse Suicune and having very little use with far worse defenses and meh SpA
you are saying to the guy to read the actual thread when you are not doing so...
everyone here except you realizes the potential of rotom-w!the things it has over suicune are t-bolt,will-o-wisp(which is better when you want to burn something since it has 75% of doing so instead of boil over's 30%),pain split,trick,better sp.atck,neutral to electric,resistant to flying and immune to earth and spikes/t-spikes(which does matters if you have an offensive suicune since it will lower his sweeping time).suicune has much better defences and calm mind which are his biggest selling points.he can also roar but almost noone uses it...
every one of these waters has its own uses and it is not outclassed by each other!maybe you should start thinking why is everyone telling that rotom-w is good and everyone uses it more than suicune(not saying it outclasses him)?or you can just sit there and spam:no rotom-w is a worse bulky water than suicune just because he has worse defences...

I'm sorry but comparing Rotom-W to a CroCune is absolutely CRAZY, especially since in that match up CroCune would lose just by the standard Rotom trick. Not only would you immediately lose the coverage and support ability by having to give up a slot to rest+sleep talk+/calm mind/ice beam which is by far outclassed by the standard Rotom-W who can Hydro Pump, Volt Change/Thunder, Trick, and Pain split (especially the best thing Rotom has since this pretty much screws over walls and even CroCune). Even more important is given the presence of water types this gen Rotom-W's electric attacks and STAB are more of a blessing since it essentially allows it to OHKO or badly damage other water types (which Suicune generally is incapable of or at least really inferior to given the lack of STAB and access to better moves outside of Hidden Power).

In addition Rotom-W's typing is better than Crocune and a lot of other pokes since it still has a lot less weaknesses. Its not merely immunity to toxic spikes which are good but also being immune to spikes and ground (another very common thing this gen) - thanks to levitate - Suicune would generally have to waste one turn, and two move slots, to recover and hopefully attack (you don't have control over sleep talk). While Rotom-W can immediately attack or support its team mates without having to waste turns, Pain Split is great in these situations as both recovery & support when up against a wall like Blissey.

You're going to sit there and tell us that Rotom-W's immunity to Ground, neutrality to Electric, STAB Thunderbolt, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp are insignificant when it comes to comparing him to Suicune? Get out of here.
Hey baby,

I love you

CardApparatus

And a more worthwhile post would include me bitching about how fucking ridiculous it is for you to walk into threads and compare two Pokemon together that fill two completely different roles when being used on teams and say one outclasses the other.

hey guys i think hes outclassed by randorusu
i mean which poke would you rather have
randorusu even has that kick ass mustache
/sarcasm

Seriously guys, stop comparing two pokemon that are COMPLETELY different. Just because they share a common typing, does not mean that they are similar at all.

you are saying to the guy to read the actual thread when you are not doing so...
everyone here except you realizes the potential of rotom-w!the things it has over suicune are t-bolt,will-o-wisp(which is better when you want to burn something since it has 75% of doing so instead of boil over's 30%),pain split,trick,better sp.atck,neutral to electric,resistant to flying and immune to earth and spikes/t-spikes(which does matters if you have an offensive suicune since it will lower his sweeping time).suicune has much better defences and calm mind which are his biggest selling points.he can also roar but almost noone uses it...
every one of these waters has its own uses and it is not outclassed by each other!maybe you should start thinking why is everyone telling that rotom-w is good and everyone uses it more than suicune(not saying it outclasses him)?or you can just sit there and spam:no rotom-w is a worse bulky water than suicune just because he has worse defences...
It also has far worse defenses, less useful sets, and resistance to flying and immunity to toxic spikes aren't that big a deal when comparing them

I love how you're missing the entire point. They preform completely different roles, how in the /world/ could Rotom-W's sets be less useful, or, hell, even compared to Suicune's?

They don't even have a similar movepool! They're used to deal with different Pokemon! Rotom-W doesn't have a boosting move outside Charge Beam!

Oh yeah also, Rotom-W does not have "less useful sets", stop staying things which are obviously untrue just because you think it will make your point stronger.

I love how you're missing the entire point. They preform completely different roles, how in the /world/ could Rotom-W's sets be less useful, or, hell, even compared to Suicune's?

They don't even have a similar movepool! They're used to deal with different Pokemon! Rotom-W doesn't have a boosting move outside Charge Beam!

Oh yeah also, Rotom-W does not have "less useful sets", stop staying things which are obviously untrue just because you think it will make your point stronger.
What sets? They are the same damn thing!

Suicune does not have access to Pain Split, Trick, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Volt Change, Electric STAB, or Levitate. Suicune does not have a Bug, Flying, 4x Steel resistance(s) or an Immunity to Ground attacks.

Suicune cannot preform Sub + Pain Split, Sub + Charge Beam, Choice Sets, Choice sets that use Trick, Status Sets that utilize Discharge and Will-O-Wisp, Dual Screens (Suicune does not have Light Screen), and cannot use Rest/Sleep Talk sets with it's new ability Water Absorb while Rotom can still utilize that without missing out on anything.

Suicune is a tank/bulky offensive Pokemon. Rotom is a supporter that can fufill both offensive and defensive roles thanks to his good Defenses and Special Attack.

They cannot be compared.

Suicune does not have access to Pain Split, Trick, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Volt Change, Electric STAB, or Levitate. Suicune does not have a Bug, Flying, 4x Steel resistance(s) or an Immunity to Ground attacks.

Suicune cannot preform Sub + Pain Split, Sub + Charge Beam, Choice Sets, Choice sets that use Trick, Status Sets that utilize Discharge and Will-O-Wisp, Dual Screens (Suicune does not have Light Screen), and cannot use Rest/Sleep Talk sets with it's new ability Water Absorb while Rotom can still utilize that without missing out on anything.

Suicune is a tank/bulky offensive Pokemon. Rotom is a supporter that can fufill both offensive and defensive roles thanks to his good Defenses and Special Attack.

They cannot be compared.
ninja'd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)