Gravity has a vast majority of the votes, so we're going with that ^.^

Opening this up to nominations, and also submitting my own~

@ Thick Club
evs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
- Substitute
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

This mofo was made for Gravity. His Attack with Thick Club reaches 568. He's slow, but Sub helps with that. His signature STAB move, Bonemerang, can bypass Subs, Sturdy, and Focus Sash while being as strong as Earthquake. It's only downside really is 90% accuracy and Flying/Levitate immunities, both of which are fixed by Gravity. Stone Edge and Fire Punch round out coverage, and the former also benefits from Gravity.

Nominating Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave/Blizzard

Nidoqueen is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier and Gravity only helps her cause. With Gravity in effect Earth Power can destroy even more Pokemon with barely any prediction, Thunder and Fire Blast greatly appreciate the 100% accuracy Gravity brings and Nidoqueen exploits it to it's fullest. Sludge Wave rounds out the set as a good secondary STAB, however Blizzard can be used in the last slot to let Nidoqueen abuse Gravity even more!

If this set is chosen I would recommend to partner it with something that can deal with Cresselia, like Escavalier, who also benefits from Gravity gaining a 100% accurate Megahorn.

I wonder if someone other than Molk suggested Gravity would it actually be popular... Personally I have tried it and it's not that amazing.

I like the idea of sand but the problem is your more likely than not gonna have a stoutland, sandslash and steel type on that team. What's the point of a CCAT when 3 pokes are already so narrowed down...

Personally I would love to see a Momentum Team whether it be u-turn or voltswitch or pulling random shit out the bag to force your opponent to switch.(The random shit has to actually work however) Always keeping the pressure on your opponent.

Well if this is happening, might as well make the best of it and see what we can make of it :]

Regice @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Thunder Wave

Regice has all the trimmings of a natural Gravity user and setter. First and fore-mostly, Regice's excellent natural bulk allows it the leniency to set up Gravity without much trouble against an assortment of specially oriented threats, as well as weaker physical ones. It's no slouch offensively either, being able to take advantage of the enhanced accuracy Gravity provides to punish the opponent with powerful 120 BP attacks otherwise considered shaky at best. What's more, Regice makes an excellent teammate for other natural Gravity choices. Strong Earthquake users such as Golurk and Rhydon seeking to take advantage of the lack of Ground immunities Gravity provides struggle to overcome pokemon such as Tangrowth, who in turn is promptly broken down by Regice. Additionally, Water- and Grass-types that attempt to prey on such Gravity sweepers, being predominantly specially oriented in nature, find extreme difficulty overcoming Regice and his excellent special bulk. While certainly having it's flaws, Regice is a very capable and effective Pokemon in the current metagame, and a very solid start point for our team.

PS if this gets selected, it's nickname will be Vanilla Ice. This is quintessential to the success of the set :)

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Sets gravity by itself, and loves it because it allows it to hit even the legendary Air Balloon Rotom-S with Earthquake. Drain Punch is for some recovery that he will really aprreciate. Fire Punch is because fuck Durant and Escavalier once gravity is on. Evs can be changed if it helps Golurk survive something important or if spikes get added later, but for now I prefer hitting faster than most defensive mons.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Gravity
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hi guys. I know I'm kind of a new user around here but today I'd like to recommend a decent gravity setter that I have discovered through various ladder tests. Here we have Metang, a very decent physical wall thanks to the useful item eviolite. This mon brings several utilities, the main one obviously being its ability to set up gravity. Meteor mash is there for the obligatory STAB move, HP fire for durant, and explosion to leave some damage behind and bring out one of our sweepers safely.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Surprised no one posted this ^^

Durant @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly | Hustle
~ X-Scissor
~ Iron Head
~ Stone Edge
~ Superpower

What's better than to test our suspect? With Gravity in effect, Hustle doesn't have the nasty accuracy drop, so Durant can enjoy all of its power, and a base Speed ensures that Durant won't be outspeed by the opposition very easily. X-Scissor is there for STAB as is Iron Head. Stone Edge has perfect accuracy in Gravity (80*.8*(1.67)=100), and Superpower is there for extra coverage.

Some downsides would be that Durant can't switch into strong special attacks, and will tend to miss when Gravity isn't in effect.

Hone Claws is an option, but that would waste a turn of Gravity, but would allow it to function outside of Gravity.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really like the Regice suggestion - nice Offensive Gravity user, col49! Another interesting item choice would be Occa Berry. Fire Blast from LO Timid Moltres only does 43% max! A fine way to lure and destroy Moltres I must say ;d

Durant is also a top choice for this team, as Yonko7 has recommended. Hone Claws is certainly a viable option, because Gravity will only be up 3 turns maximum for Durant - it will certainly be useful to boost its accuracy outside of Gravity. Even if we go all-out attacker, I highly suggest Thunder Fang > Stone Edge, which allows it to have a chance in 2-shotting Poliwrath after entry hazard damage (47-55%).

Aggron @ Life Orb | Rock Head
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Head Smash
~ Heavy Slam
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake / Low Kick

RP Aggron is a beast that can wall-break early game and clean late game. It will certainly appreciate the accuracy boost from Gravity during the wall-breaking stage. Low Kick is nice to hit Rhydon and Steelix for solid damage. Earthquake ensures a high chance to OHKO Nidoqueen, however, though Heavy Slam already does ~80% damage.

Moving this to a vote in about 24 hours~

So, uh, if you've got any other underrated Gravity mons to nominate, now's the time :P

Alright, we'll have about 24 hours of voting before moving along to stage 3. Our options are:

Marowak
Nidoqueen
Regice
Golurk
Metang
Durant
Aggron

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
because I feel voting for my own is wrong
THE MIGHTY METANG

Golurk All the way! And also, that means that Golurk's Stone Edge and DynamicPunch now have less accuracy problems.

I would vote Durant, except the thingy on the top says Underrated Threat. In what universe is something that was banned underrated???

I vote METANG because it has a large, versatile movepool and it can boost and set up Stealth Rock. It is also capable of tanking many types of moves because it is a Steel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)