Tournament RU World Cup - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1548054129975.png

• Matches should be played on PS Main server on smogtours
  • Schedule your matches please, reserve the right of calling an activity or dead game based on this
  • PLEASE POST REPLAYS, MANDATORY BTW (There is a replay thread now so...)
Week 9

1548054353455.png
Germany(3) vs (5)Canada + US Central
1548054375796.png

SM: Necrozma vs passion
SM: Heni-san vs bebo7788
SM: mind gaming vs Kink
SM: didi vs FLCL
ORAS: neomon vs EviGaro
ORAS: soTsoT vs Lord Death Man
BW: Melle2402 vs Amaroq
BW: T T C vs Megazard

1548054395753.png
US East(2) vs (4)US West
1548054413118.png

SM: HarrisIsAwesome vs Meru
SM: Finchinator vs dcae
SM: Star vs ima
SM: Nat vs rozes
ORAS: TDK vs Ajna
ORAS: obii vs TSR
BW: -Tsunami- vs Analytic
BW: august vs Windsong

1548054427590.png
Asia + Rest of the World(3) vs (2)Europe
1548054438232.png

SM: Ninjadog13 vs Pohjis
SM: Arifeen vs Welli0u
SM: yjh971203 vs Ricardo
SM: trace vs Leru
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs Kushalos
ORAS: TheWall vs Santu
BW: Chill Shadow vs Casparov
BW: Eternally vs ZoroDark

1548054569921.png
UK(3) vs (4)France
1548054585950.png

SM: Alpha Rabbit vs Gnaxel
SM: Taskr vs RedEmption
SM: banks vs Pepeduce
SM: Osh vs Arcobaleno
ORAS: Hamhamhamham vs SiTuM
ORAS: HJAD vs Alkione
BW: The Leprechaun vs Elias PSY
BW: barton vs Dlanyer

1548054599243.png
Brazil(3) vs (5)LA
1548054609981.png

SM: Giopato vs Gondra
SM: Pinboim3 vs PILZ
SM: Jeffis vs Wamr
SM: GustavoYAY vs RyLon
ORAS: HANTSUKI vs Lycans
ORAS: lighthouses vs Yvettee
BW: Eternal Spirit vs Feliburn
BW: CaCaTuA vs trash

Deadline will be at 2:00 AM GMT -5 on January 28st 2019

Last week for playoffs!

Meloetta has been banned so it will not be allowed for the rest of the tournament.

Cheers!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here is the standings and then the playoff scenario to boot

Up to week 8:

1. Asia + Rest of the World: 14 points (+22 | 42 wins and 20 losses; 6 weeks won, 0 weeks lost, 2 week tied)

2. LA: 10 points (+8 | 31 wins and 23 losses; 4 weeks won, 1 weeks lost, 2 weeks tied)

3. Europe: 10 points (+2 | 32 wins and 30 losses; 5 week won, 3 week lost)

4. Germany: 8 points (-5 | 29 wins and 34 losses; 4 week won, 4 week lost)

5. Canada + US Central: 7 points (+2 | 32 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 4 week lost, 1 week tied)

6. UK: 7 points (0 | 32 wins and 32 losses; 3 week won, 4 week lost, 1 week tied).

7. US East: 7 points (0 | 30 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 4 week lost, 1 week tied)

8. Brazil: 6 points (-5 | 25 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 5 week lost)

9. US West: 6 points (-8 | 22 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 5 weeks lost)

10. France: 5 points (-5 | 24 wins and 29 losses; 2 week won, 5 weeks lost, 1 week tie)

Gotta give props to Asia + Rest of the World for such a dominance in the tour (they have been on playoffs since week 7, I created a monster), for LA for being very consistent in the lapse of 8 weeks, and for Europe for making an outstanding comeback like I have never seen before. Shoutouts TonyFlygon magic.

Germany vs Canada + US Central is a really big series. Whoever wins pretty much gets the spot with enough but Germany differential hurts it. Despite that, both teams have the playoff faith on their hands so thats very neat.

The decision of leaving the game Star vs Eternally as dead of a win depending on the activity case can be huge too (looking like a dead game so far) since that leaves East at 8 points if it is given the win after a case study (and could make Europe spot not even a guaranteed one)

So yeah, we will see what happens during the week but boi, the closure is looking hella exciting!

MrAldo

Hey
Reviewed the situation of Star vs Eternally and, as lame as that could be, Star was given the win cause Eternally totally forgot about it. Feels really sketchy cause Asia already qualified and shit but no need for me to think it was malicious. SPL and stuff make you forget things :v but oh well
Up to week 8:

1. Asia + Rest of the World: 13 points (+21 | 42 wins and 21 losses; 5 weeks won, 0 weeks lost, 3 week tied)

2. LA: 10 points (+8 | 31 wins and 23 losses; 4 weeks won, 1 weeks lost, 2 weeks tied)

3. Europe: 10 points (+2 | 32 wins and 30 losses; 5 week won, 3 week lost)

4. US East: 8 points (+1 | 31 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 3 week lost, 2 week tied)

5. Germany: 8 points (-5 | 29 wins and 34 losses; 4 week won, 4 week lost)

6. Canada + US Central: 7 points (+2 | 32 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 4 week lost, 1 week tied)

7. UK: 7 points (0 | 32 wins and 32 losses; 3 week won, 4 week lost, 1 week tied).

8. Brazil: 6 points (-5 | 25 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 5 week lost)

9. US West: 6 points (-8 | 22 wins and 30 losses; 3 week won, 5 weeks lost)

10. France: 5 points (-5 | 24 wins and 29 losses; 2 week won, 5 weeks lost, 1 week tie)

The playoff scenario changes a lot now. Germany vs Canada and the US East vs US West throwdown held the most important now. US West despite being mathematically out can defeat the plot armor if they really want to. Will be really interesting regardless.

Lets see what happens!

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MrAldo I'm letting august bring baton pass if I can bring snover

e: let's just make it bw ru round 14; Snover/Nidoqueen/bp legal
e2: aug wins

Last edited:
won gg https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-852748694
im glad to end this tournament with a clean 9-0
s/o z+v, who helped me during half of the ruwc
i'm still kinda sad france didnt manage to qualify, we surely lacked ambition, but our weak player base probably was our main flaw.
I'm sure we'll improve next year if you decide to renew this tour, it was a great idea MrAldo, thanks for making it possible.

won against my friend rylon, gg

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-852975902

im gonna take this moment to talk a bit about the tour. it was very surprising for me to manage this tour, and im really thankful to MrAldo for the opportunity. it was a great time and i really hope this tournament can happen again on the future.

despite we couldn't qualify, i feel like all of us did the best we could and fought to the end. i'm really happy about my score, even though it was not the best i'm glad i finished it positive. i could have played better in some games, but for my first team tour here it meant a lot to me. it wouldn't be possible without my brazilian RU friends who were always discussing and testing stuff. Giopato, Randomnick, Jeffis, Pinboim3, (you're portuguese but in our hearts you're br alrdy), thank you a lot for not ever giving up on playing, testing and building even though our final record was not the best. it accounts more than everything for me and im sure all of us improved a lot through this tour and will harvest the fruits of our labor on the future. CaCaTuA you surprised me a lot and did greater than i could ever imagine on BW RU, keep it on man. ty Spl4sh, Hydreigon Specs, Askov and Ampha for showing up whenever we needed. ty diogo, teta, gama and pablo for always being there with your experience and advice and also wrapping wins almost everytime, you guys are great.

ill keep cheering on to my friends on playoffs, and hopefully get back stronger on the future!

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I won vs Elias PSY, sorry for the crits.. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ru-853826977

If this is our last week in the tour I'd like to shout out my team for being cool and putting in the effort into this.
banks Hamhamhamham Taskr you guys put in a shift almost every single week, and got us some great points in the early weeks.. If it wasn't for some bad luck in your games towards the end we def would have got through in this
Osh fire teammate. Went through undefeated in this tour and pulled out some wins out of nothing, fucking well played dude.
barton it's been great playing with you, one of my oldest mates on this site and I'm glad we were finally able to play on the same team especially in the tier we both started playing
HJAD lol thanks for coming on in the nick of time every Sunday night to complete your games, cheers for turning up when it mattered
DKM I'm glad you got your win, you were robbed of a couple victories earlier in the tier so seeing you clutch against LAX last week was cool. Thanks for being willing to pick up bw and for playing when we needed you to
Espeonage. Diophantine SilvioGuacamole I'm sorry I wasn't able to put you guys in more. You're all very capable players and I hope to see you in rupl when that comes round
Alpha Rabbit The goat. Massive MVP for us, always making sure we had teams for everyone and came through even after uni work became ridiculously stressful for you. Def going on to be a strong tour player in future SPLs/Snakes if you have the time/ desire to do it

Overall managing was fun and I'm glad I managed to go positive in the tier that got me into playing competitively. Cheers guys and ggs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)