Samurott

I realize now that Samurott is comparable if not only slightly better than Seaking... And we all know how much usage Seaking gets...

There are just no redeeming qualities in Samurott and shouldn't be used by any respectable player besides for pure novelty--and even then, if you want to go for novelty, use Seaking.

Whoah let's not get carried away here, just because they're both pure waters with megahorn does not make them at all the same.

Samurott has better stats in every category bar SpD (which is negated by Samurott's superior HP) he has access to Swords Dance, which when paired with Aqua Jet and his respectable bulk and coverage can make him a solid late game cleaner (At least in the lower tiers)

Mostly I can't wait for the pinch berries to be released to abuse SD + SubLiechi + Torrent + Aqua Jet. With one swords dance, the boost from liechi, and torrent, Aqua Jet will effectively become Base 150, base 225 with STAB!

Whoah let's not get carried away here, just because they're both pure waters with megahorn does not make them at all the same.

Samurott has better stats in every category bar SpD (which is negated by Samurott's superior HP) he has access to Swords Dance, which when paired with Aqua Jet and his respectable bulk and coverage can make him a solid late game cleaner (At least in the lower tiers)

Mostly I can't wait for the pinch berries to be released to abuse SD + SubLiechi + Torrent + Aqua Jet. With one swords dance, the boost from liechi, and torrent, Aqua Jet will effectively become Base 150, base 225 with STAB!
Like I said earlier on, Feraligatr can pull off Swords Dance + Aqua Jet + Sub + Liechi better because of better bulk and slightly higher Attack. But what Samurott has over Feraligatr is Megahorn to hurt other Grass Pokemon, as well as Encore to aid with set-up.

Like I said earlier on, Feraligatr can pull off Swords Dance + Aqua Jet + Sub + Liechi better because of better bulk and slightly higher Attack. But what Samurott has over Feraligatr is Megahorn to hurt other Grass Pokemon, as well as Encore to aid with set-up.
That's not Dp's point, though. Dp is saying Samurott is superior to Seaking, since Grammarian was putting Samurott on Seaking's level. Samurott > Seaking--that's the truth, and that's what Dp's point was.

That's not Dp's point, though. Dp is saying Samurott is superior to Seaking, since Grammarian was putting Samurott on Seaking's level. Samurott > Seaking--that's the truth, and that's what Dp's point was.
Well, that's true, though. :/ Samurott is still outclassed by most other Water Pokemon.

I like Specs-Otter! With Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot--it's like SpecsToad with a little more bite!
With specs, doesn't Empoleon have access to similar moves (actually, all of them? <_<) with higher Sp. Attack, and arguably, better defense?

Speed is the main difference, but both are pretty slow anyway. So when it comes to a pure attacking specs set, isn't Empoleon the better option? Or are there things that Samurott outspeeds that Empoleon doesn't? I guess it also can't be quickly revenged by ground/fighting either.

I really think people who use Samurott should try to implement Encore into their sets. It's really something Samurott gets to distinguish itself from other water types. It's bulky enough to run it, and it allows it to beat some of it's checks.

My biggest concern is Grass Knot Vs. HP Fire. While Grass Knot is the only option other than HP Electric to beat other water types, HP Fire nets surprise kills on common switch ins like Ferrothorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)