Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys trying to avoid battle discussion, what does everyone think would be a good way to run Adamant Scizor with Superpower, Bulletpunch, U-Turn, and Defog, if not Choice Banded. Also EVs would be nice. Not specific numbers, more like what stats to focus on

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't edit my trade thread anymore and the overall thread opens really slowly. I can edit anything else just not that thread. Anyone experience this before and know how to fix it? If it helps the last thing I did was add a [ hide ] line and saved. When it reopened it had duplicated it 5 times and no longer allows me to open it.
Ask a mod if they can edit it if they can't the only other option you have is waiting.

So guys trying to avoid battle discussion, what does everyone think would be a good way to run Adamant Scizor with Superpower, Bulletpunch, U-Turn, and Defog, if not Choice Banded. Also EVs would be nice. Not specific numbers, more like what stats to focus on
If you don't have a mega on your team, run mega Scizor and focus on HP/Atk EVs. Otherwise try Leftovers and HP/Atk EVs.

For mine i run 252Hp, 252Atk,4spedef scizor

Adamant / Assault Vest / No Guard
252 Atk / 252 Sp. Def. / 4 HP
Dynamic Punch / Knock Off / Stone Edge / Bullet Punch

Still need opinions on this Machamp set.
My expertise:
If you insist on the Vest, I personally suggest 252 Atk/ 126/HP 126 Sp. Def
My personal recomendation (and what I use so Bias is admited to here): Choice Band it, and run it with these EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Sp.Def it wrecks SO MUCH CRAP. Can take at least one Gale Wing Life-Orb Boosted Brave Bird and then OHKO it with No Miss Stone Edge, in doubles paired with Prankster Meowstic, it is great.

Preferably real bugs
Okay understood. I'll throw you the one I had in mind later as "bonus" seperate from my submission when the contest is over then.

My expertise:
My personal recomendation (and what I use so Bias is admited to here): Choice Band it, and run it with these EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Sp.Def it wrecks SO MUCH CRAP. Can take at least one Gale Wing Life-Orb Boosted Brave Bird and then OHKO it with No Miss Stone Edge, in doubles paired with Prankster Meowstic, it is great.
Already have a Choice user (Scarf Gallade), it's a singles pokemon for a casual tournament, and hate Choice on any pokemon that doesn't require it (said Gallade). However, the EV spread is interesting, I might use it, and I'm not set on Assault Vest, it just seems to have the most cohesion with the set (pivot offense with guaranteed confusion and item-removing niches).

My expertise:

Okay understood. I'll throw you the one I had in mind later as "bonus" seperate from my submission when the contest is over then.
252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 126 Def Machamp: 385-455 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO thats jolly talonflame...
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Machamp: 491-580 (127.8 - 151%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thats adamant against your set...

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Preferably real bugs
Can I give you bugs afterwards because I don't care about winning a giveaway. I just like bugs, 'cus bugs and 'cus Dark Ray is a fellow bug catcher.

I've asked 3 today but I think they were too busy. I'd just copy and paste to all until a response but I'm afraid it would piss someone off.
Yeah that's probably not a good idea, I also said the other option was "waiting". Even when I click the link in your signature it takes a long time to open. I asked for you I'll PM you the response or something.

Last edited:
Can I give you bugs afterwards because I don't care about winning a giveaway. I just like bugs, 'cus bugs and 'cus Darkray is a fellow bug catcher.

Yeah that's probably not a good idea, I also said the other option was "waiting". Even when I click the link in your signature it takes a long time to open. I asked for you I'll PM you the response or something.
Thanks guy.

Already have a Choice user (Scarf Gallade), it's a singles pokemon for a casual tournament, and hate Choice on any pokemon that doesn't require it (said Gallade). However, the EV spread is interesting, I might use it, and I'm not set on Assault Vest, it just seems to have the most cohesion with the set (pivot offense with guaranteed confusion and item-removing niches).
Sitrus Berry is another very good and viable option. I used to use it myself.
252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 126 Def Machamp: 385-455 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO thats jolly talonflame...
Thank God for Prankster Barrier. I don't think I tried this off of Doubles but in Showdown anyway to be honest (I actually forgot that was made with Doubles in mind to Troll Talonflame leads, they AlWAYS seem to aim the Dual Screener first). Plus most people lately seem to put at more EVs in HP lately in VGC.

Does anyone here know a good moveset for a Mixed Victreebel, with the nerf to sun and all?
Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated!
I personally like a:

Growth
Sludge bomb
Power whip
Weather ball/hp fire (might have to because of the nerf to weather, although the nerf to hp hurts as well :/)

myself, as it has pretty awesome coverage along with a one turn Swords Dance/Nasty Plot combined under the sun :3

They put evs in hp over speed though..not attack
Yeah....I guess didn't think about that. Like I said though, it was a set-up meant mainly for doubles, and I forgot that when I suggested it, sorry Rajikaru I gave bad info by mistake. I recommend that for doubles though, they always seem to aim at your Dual Screener for both Fake Out and Brave Bird first, so if you get a Prankster Barrier up it usually survives. Otherwise, I got nothing but Vest or Sitrus Berry.

I personally like a:

Growth
Sludge bomb
Power whip
Weather ball/hp fire (might have to because of the nerf to weather, although the nerf to hp hurts as well :/)

myself, as it has pretty awesome coverage along with a one turn Swords Dance/Nasty Plot combined under the sun :3
Hmm, I like that idea! But would this work?
Weather Ball + Growth + Power Whip + HP Ice (because it is otherwise outclassed by Venusaur in OU lol)

Non Mega. So like 252 Atk, 252 HP? Only problem is my Cresselia has leftovers
Do you only have one leftovers? Or are you playing where you can only have 1 item per team (for example, you can't have two leftovers on the same team.)?

Sinister_Spectre yeah, that's also a good set to use :3 only issue is that you lose a stab move that's also good against fairies, but power whip will still destroy them because most are specially defensive XD.

should i hide the pokemon in my thread or leave as is ?
I have sometime this weekends, i will try to make it look nice :)

Do you only have one leftovers? Or are you playing where you can only have 1 item per team (for example, you can't have two leftovers on the same team.)?

Sinister_Spectre yeah, that's also a good set to use :3 only issue is that you lose a stab move that's also good against fairies, but power whip will still destroy them because most are specially defensive XD.
Yeaa one item clause. Is Scizor still viable without choice band? I thought that was like his thing? I really like the extra power, and then I can invest more Evs defensively

Yeaa one item clause. Is Scizor still viable without choice band? I thought that was like his thing? I really like the extra power, and then I can invest more Evs defensively
Most Scizor nowadays are Mega. It's perfectly viable without Band or Mega though. SpDef Scizor is a pretty good Defogger (although Mega still out classes it imo)--Band is what it did last gen, but obviously, the meta has changed a lot, and so has Scizor's role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)