Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run bronzong for gliscor. Also sand veil flight gem acrobat gliscor is a beast. It's only countered by skarmory bronzong and maybe zapdos.

And um. Ferrothorn, opposong gliscor, anything faster, ice attacks, bulky waters..? Also by using sand veil and flight gem, you have no leftovers recovery, forcing you to roost.

And um. Ferrothorn, opposong gliscor, anything faster, ice attacks, bulky waters..? Also by using sand veil and flight gem, you have no leftovers recovery, forcing you to roost.
Uh, any Flight Gem Gliscor will be running Swords Dance, and suddenly, all those bulky Water-types are facing OHKOes from Acrobatics, and even Rotom-W takes a hefty 83.64% - 98.14%, which OHKOes with a bit of extra damage. Opposing Gliscor take 57.91% - 68.64%, a guranteed 2HKO, while most Gliscor can only manage around 40% back with Ice Fang from memory. Ferrothorn is not taking a Flight Gem boosted Acrobatics well at all. And the other two things already handle Poison Heal Gliscor, so I don't know why they were mentioned.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Opposing Gliscor take 57.91% - 68.64%, a guranteed 2HKO, while most Gliscor can only manage around 40% back with Ice Fang from memory
But Flight Gem is a consumable item and Gliscor most likely has Poison Heal, so it's a 3HKO without Rocks if you do anything less than max damage.

EDIT-- Wait that shit's before a Swords Dance? Nevermind then.

Thats without Flight Gem. With it, Gliscor is taking 86.72% - 102.54%. And that is a guranteed 2HKO. 57.91 - 12.5 = 45.41 + 57.91 = 103.32.

Maybe I was misunderstanding the damage output from Gliscor. Was this pre or post SD?

Cause when I calc it pre SD, I'm seeing non Flight Gem Gliscor doing: 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics vs 244 HP/252 Def Gliscor (Impish): 25.57% - 30.11%.

252 Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics vs 244 HP/252 Def Gliscor: 38.35% - 45.17%

To make sure the results were the same, I entered a 110 bp Flying-type move instead of Acrobatics and got the same results.

252 +2 Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics vs 244 HP/252 Def Gliscor: 76.14% - 89.77%

You HAVE to get a SD in or opposing Gliscor with Ice Fang you. Assuming max Atk / Spe...

0 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs 0 HP/0 Def Gliscor: 52.23% - 61.86%

And if you HAVE defense investment, all of the calcs from earlier are doing EVEN less.

Assuming you have 0 Atk investment and have a a defensive spread, a +2 Flight Gem Acrobatics:

0 +2 Atk Flying Gem Gliscor Acrobatics vs 244 HP/252 Def (Impish) Gliscor: 59.66% - 70.17%

0 +2 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics vs 244 HP/252 Def (Impish) Gliscor: 40.06% - 47.16%

With those two attacks and poison heal recovery, that's not a guaranteed 2HKO.

All of these were done here. They assumed a 244 HP / 252 Def Impish as, honestly, that's the best one =P.

BOOM

Also obligatory thanks for the stats.

(Also I'd very much appreciate if someone could calculate if the combined Arceus usage surpasses Kyogre or not lol)
Yeah, I've definitely noticed the raise in Politoed while laddering. Bluh.

Also, it looks like Whimsicott might be UU now?

Thanks for the stats, R_D!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
blarajan, Berserker Lord got this calculation because he used an Adamant Nature Gliscor vs. the standard 252 HP / 184 Def Gliscor. Even against 252 HP / 252 Def Gliscor, Adamant Sand Veil Gliscor has a good shot at 2HKO (87% chance).

Sand veil Acrobatics Gliscor is definitely a threat. It can destroy teams with the proper support, and it's taken down my Gliscor literally 99% of the time; the fact that Ice Fang is taken down to 75% accuracy because of Sand Veil doesn't help either.

blarajan, Berserker Lord got this calculation because he used an Adamant Nature Gliscor vs. the standard 252 HP / 184 Def Gliscor. Even against 252 HP / 252 Def Gliscor, Adamant Sand Veil Gliscor has a good shot at 2HKO (87% chance).
Wait why Adamant? It needs Jolly to outspeed Adamant/Modest base 100s and near along with Haxorus/Hydreigon.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed the raise in Politoed while laddering. Bluh.

Also, it looks like Whimsicott might be UU now?

Thanks for the stats, R_D!
Yes, and thank gosh because Whimsicott was honestly one of the most overrated pokemon this gen. It's honestly a horrible pokemon, hopefully it'll see some use in UU with Chansey on a lot of teams.

whimsicott is an excellent annoyer... with proper teamates it shines... Problem is it cant do anything else but annoy... so once u see it you usually know how to handle it.

yea. On a side note. I'm kinda sad to see Chandelure usage drop. I mean, I honestly think it's UU worthy and Mismagius would still be better. but sub + 3 attacks is a pretty cool set. I used to be a BIG Chandelure hater but until I gave it a try, it's not as bad as I thought. just very frail.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wait why Adamant? It needs Jolly to outspeed Adamant/Modest base 100s and near along with Haxorus/Hydreigon.
The power decrease isn't worth it. You lose out on a bunch of KOs and in exchange you gain the ability to... outspeed neutral base 108's. Base 108s almost always run +speed natures, base 100s typically run max speed with a + nature (mence) or little speed investment (Mew, celebi) Hydreigon are seldom seen and while Haxorus are pretty common SubSD Gliscor doesn't want to be anywhere near Haxorus unless its locked into a EQ, Brick Break or is under confusion.

Adamant > Jolly

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The power decrease isn't worth it. You lose out on a bunch of KOs and in exchange you gain the ability to... outspeed neutral base 108's. Base 108s almost always run +speed natures, base 100s typically run max speed with a + nature (mence) or little speed investment (Mew, celebi) Hydreigon are seldom seen and while Haxorus are pretty common SubSD Gliscor doesn't want to be anywhere near Haxorus unless its locked into a EQ, Brick Break or is under confusion.

Adamant > Jolly
You're guaranteed to outspeed Lucario with Jolly, who has recently taken a rise in usage and can be quite threatening.

I assume we'll see the tier revision after August's results are published, since we didn't get to do that with July's?

July is pretty much void because of all the server problems Smogon suffered through.

Looking at those usage stats from June and comparing them to now I hate to say it but I cannot escape Quagsire. He shows up atleast once every two-three battles. Whimsicott would be better off in UU and I'm glad that it's dropped off so much. Volcarona has fallen off a cliff, haven't encountered one in two weeks.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Brick Break????? Besides, lol I can use a female Haxorus too.
I've been starting to use that. You already OHKO most offensive pokemon anyway, and the majority of defensive Pokemon are female. At least towards the upper end of the ladder (you're better off using male rivalry at the lower end)

Smashing a female Skarmory with a rivalry boosted Outrage is the greatest feeling the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)