Finals Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament X - Finals [Won by lax]

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SV OU rules apply.

All games should now be played in current SV OU. No more Pre-DLC SV OU.

Finals

Vert vs lax

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, October 29th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
gl to both, im really excited for the finals. both are well deserved winners

i hope yall have nothing to do on a saturday night lol

Two red-blooded patriots duking it out.

We have Vert as the best SV player to date, and lax, a major character in the smogon lore full of surprises and currently reliving his glory days. Vert’s games have been very seamless and he’s the “favorite”, but lax sometimes finds a path to victory even when it seems super unlikely. Rooting for lax’s 2019 redemption arc to come full circle but definitely not counting Vert out.

Good luck, both would be excellent winners.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Vert has been the most impressive player this generation and he would be a very deserving winner. Gotta pull for my guy Lax though. Lots of hard work with ups-and-downs over the years. You can really see his efforts paying off recently. This would be a sweet way to cap it off.

hf both, should be great

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
what a finals match up

ive had the honor to see vert up close literally bending the meta to his will during wcop, as he has been doing the entire past year with this gen. seriously, throughout the year he would just put something in his teambuilder and it would just end up being the new trend. loading whatever the hell he wants (even the most bizarre stuff) and it working was super inspirational to see. that man is smart as fuck, his sv ou approach is genius and would make a very deserving winner

on the other hand we have lax, and im not even exaggerating when i say ive looked up to him as a player since 2017 (and still do to this day). i remember watching so many of his ou games from his 2019 run numerous times, mostly his spl x finals tb vs blunder, wcop quarters tb vs bro fist, and wcop finals vs tama tryna soak up as much info as i can hoping one day i can be half as good as he is. him winning would bring me joy knowing what was missing from his legendary 2019 run would be filled in a few years later

can't nerd out about these two enough and i can't wait for these games. hf both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)