The Musical Talent of Smogon

I just graduated from Full Sail with an Associates of Science in Recording Arts. So thats my thing. Mixing and recording. I have a power metal band that I will consider posting a link to, but its just a big fat joke on lord of the rings so I'd bet you all will hate it.
Is the name of your band Mithril, The Secret Metal????

It's been a long time (like 5th-8th grade). I played percussion back then, and i also played the drums for praise and worship band for chapel on fridays. It can be safe to say that i'm good on percussion, but there are certainly many more people who are better than me... Ahhh i miss band :( I'm in a small highschool that can't even afford religion teachers now... most of the weight falls on the four teachers it has and even the principal teaches a class or two now.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been playing piano for most of my life really, since I was 5 or so. I've also played violin and flute for a bit, but I've found that piano is waaayyy more fun than those two. I still love playing piano, since getting into the music just makes you feel completely amazing.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh so I missed this thread and made my own cause it was no longer on the first page, but yeah I played saxophone when I was younger, taught myself many songs on the keyboard without anyone teaching me and I'm learning how to DJ which is really fun and enjoyable :)

Heh so I missed this thread and made my own cause it was no longer on the first page
heh, i wanted to make a thread for Smogoners to post their talent, like vids or something, but yeah....I'm actually a singer. I took chorus in high school which I actually think has messed with me, but meh. I'm pretty self-conscious about myself and my voice, so I tend not to publicly deliver, but I've auditioned for the american idol experience at disney and was told I was "good" and by countless friends and choir peers. If only I was more confident...sigh...

yeah it sounds pretty cool, sounds professional though i'm sure it wasn't too difficult for you. i have really basic knowledge of audacity but i did make a mashup for a dance which was lost in the fabric of time....

a lot has changed since i last posted, i dropped guitar and just concentrated on drums. i picked up a ukelele and can play it, though it's not really my thing. as some of you may know i'm a rock drummer, i play in a band, we haven't been very active lately but i practise every day and hopefully i'll find some place to showcase what i know

I'm a trumpet player, been playing for... almost six years now. I was always pretty good, but in my first two years of high school I was fortunate enough to have a ridiculously gifted trumpet player in band with me. I'm not just saying that either, he's at Julliard now. Anyway, as a result of him I've gotten much more dedicated to the instrument and I enjoy it much more. I think I'm going to end up as a music major.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've played the piano for a long time now, just passed Grade 6. Music is wonderful, it really provides nice relief from long hours of revision (along with Smogon of course)

My musical history:
I joined band in fourth grade and picked clarinet because it was the cheapest instrument I could get into band with and would insure that I spend a lot of extra time with girls, but I hated it and really sucked back then. In seventh grade, I got a Fender bass guitar and fell in love it. My ambition for the next two years was to become a professional bass player. In eighth grade I played bass in jazz band and bass clarinet (they needed bass clarinets that year, so I switched) in symphonic band. My freshman year of high school, they needed tubas, so my middle school band director recommended me because she knew that I was already fluent in bass clef. I've been playing tuba as my major instrument ever since and have gotten into several honor bands and both of the tuba studios I auditioned for. Come August, I will be a Music Education major at UL Lafayette. My Smogon user name even reflects that I am both regal and a tubist!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
wow i didnt even know this thread existed till tubaking's post brought it up into the first pages.
anyways i havent really stuck to playing much instruments although i want to master the piano sometime before i die, i would say my musical talent lies in the vocal department. i just sing from all genre's [mainly by request]. below is my youtube music page[work in progress] check it out, its also in my sig haha.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ninahaza

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I play the Tuba!! I can't be in the UW-Madison marching band this year (my freshman year) due to scheduling conflicts, but I am definately going to be next year! This year I'm planning on being in the Concert Band at UW... hopefully. :)

I also taught myself how to play the clarinet, and I had a Music mentorship class with my band teacher last year so I got to learn how to play the trombone, french horn, mellophone, trumpet, tenor saxophone and snare drum. I also taught myself how to play the keyboard back in the day, but I haven't touched it in about 3 years.

I've played trombone for 4 years, drums for 3, and I'm a somewhat decent bassist. I love to play the drums, and believe I'm really good at it. But I'm nothing compared to a great drummers like Travis Barker. I really love the drums because what other instrument can you play by banging around? :naughty:

Played guitar for 2 years. Only have a couple of videos, all are really old, except one new one of Sweet Child o' Mine which is bad cause I was on a borrowed guitar that was awkward to play. I have a couple of originals which I intend to record with my band Lucretia (not a Megadeth reference) once my new guitar arrives (fairly soon I hope).
Silly thing, I came second in a talent contest last week to some dancing act. Which was weird cause the judges were all teenage girls and I played an original on an acoustic (wasn't a metal song, but it was fairly dark), so you'd have expected me to be an "also ran" or something.
Also I'm trying to get a job teaching guitar. I'm aiming for grade 5 myself and the kids in the place I'll be teaching at all play a bit but aren't that great, so they're basically the perfect crowd for me to try and teach. I'm gonna get the books for grades 1-4 (london college of music exams/Registry of Guitar Tutors, not sure which is the name lol) and I already have 5. I'm going to start by getting them just to play open chords and work on the picking hand, cause I had to break myself out of loads of bad picking habits about a year into my own playing. Then I'll move onto basic chords (A, Amin, E, D etc) and maybe pentatonic minor. Shouldn't be too hard from there onwards. Anyone else have any ideas?

My band had its last ever gig last Friday. Here are some of the better songs we did:

2D Blues
Better Living Through Chemicals
Where is My Mind

I'm in the wig and the open shirt, playing bass.
i hadn't seen this before, but I like this stuff. Better Living Through Chemicals is great.

As long as I'm posting in this thread, I'm still playing the saxophone, though not quite as much as I used to (I got a noise violation for trying to play it in the dorms). I've been fooling around on the bass guitar a lot, recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)