Trick Room in UU

With so many pokemon in UU being able to abuse Trick Room, it deserves a mention.

Cofagrigus is SUPER slow, bulky and able to both set up and function in Trick Room.

Escavalier covers the dark weakness that comes with a lot of TR users. Cofagrigus, Deoxys-D (LOL), Slowbro/Slowking are all weak to dark. Nice bulk and hits like a truck.

There are a few others, but I want to here from you guys.

Users in UU: Cofagrigus, Slowbro, Slowking, Deoxys-D, Dusknoir, Dusclops, Duosion

Considering half of my Trick Room team that I'm running in OU is available in UU, I'm sure there's some viability in it. I sure will miss Porygon2 and Reuniclus though, as those guys are the stars of the show in OU.

can you beef up your post? maybe post the pokemon that are capable of using TR in UU and discuss/post possible sets? That might help things start up

also here < hear

personally I can't imagine a TR team without Ursaring on it.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Guts
Brave
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
0 Spe IV
-Swords Dance
-Facade
-Close Combat
-Crunch

naturally ursaring has an enormous physical movepool to complement his gargantuan base attack and Guts. the above moveset is just an example; there are tons of movesets to choose from. but no matter what moves you run, ursaring's modus operandi is simple: come in, set up, kill everything. especially considering that slowbro, slowking, and cofagrigus are all weak to ghost, he can find plenty of switch in time vs. shadow ball.

If you're even going to bother trying to start a TR discussion at least put in the effort in the opening post, otherwise almost anything already discussed in the OU TR thread is just as much relevant as here. Its not terribly hard to pick out a few overwhelming sweepers and TR setups.

Belly Drum Marowak is still as lulzy as ever if you can get the turn it needs to set it up, which isn't impossible if you use something like Slowbro to set up TR then send in Marowak on the predicted Electric attack and BD on the switch.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Brave
Rock Head/Battle Armor (when it's released if not using Double-Edge)
252HP/252Atk/6Def
0 Spe IV
Belly Drum
Earthquake/Bonemerang
Stone Edge
Fire Punch/Double-Edge

After a Belly Drum it reaches a completely absurd attack stat of 2272, OHKOing almost EVERYTHING. Only Flygon resists Ground/Fire/Rock and the standard 252atk/252spe spread takes 103% minimum from Fire Punch.

Double-Edge is also usable, as the only thing that resists Normal/Ground/Rock is Bronzong who is currently OU.

I only ever ran a TR team once, but there have been an influx of very powerful pokes with crappy speed stats this gen, so it can only get better.

Possible abusers:

Rampardos: With Mold Breaker Quakeedge in the form of EQ and Head Smash, he gets unresisted coverage. The addition of Hammer Arm opens a lot more SE coverage and speeds him up under TR. 165 Atk and 58 Spe make him one of the fastest and deadliest around, but he is quite frail and lacks priority. Alternately, Gigalith has a lot more bulk and lower speed, but a worse movepool and attack stat.

Emboar - With 65 base speed, he's not the absolute slowest, but he's certainly getting there. 125/100 attacking stats mean he can run mixed sets quite well, and Reckless means his Flare Blitz gets boosted to obscene proportions. He also gets a powered up Head Smash and Wild Charge with Hammer Arm rounding out the set.

Golurk - the overlooked ghost (that can for some reason learn Fly) actually has a great ability in Iron Fist and a punching moveset to abuse it. I could see him dominating teams with a sub/punch set complimented by STAB EQ and Shadow Punch, using the speed boost from TR to make sure it stays in business and still threatens afterwards.

More later, gotta go for now.

I only ever ran a TR team once, but there have been an influx of very powerful pokes with crappy speed stats this gen, so it can only get better.

Possible abusers:

Rampardos: With Mold Breaker Quakeedge in the form of EQ and Head Smash, he gets unresisted coverage. The addition of Hammer Arm opens a lot more SE coverage and speeds him up under TR. 165 Atk and 58 Spe make him one of the fastest and deadliest around, but he is quite frail and lacks priority. Alternately, Gigalith has a lot more bulk and lower speed, but a worse movepool and attack stat.

Emboar - With 65 base speed, he's not the absolute slowest, but he's certainly getting there. 125/100 attacking stats mean he can run mixed sets quite well, and Reckless means his Flare Blitz gets boosted to obscene proportions. He also gets a powered up Head Smash and Wild Charge with Hammer Arm rounding out the set.

Golurk - the overlooked ghost (that can for some reason learn Fly) actually has a great ability in Iron Fist and a punching moveset to abuse it. I could see him dominating teams with a sub/punch set complimented by STAB EQ and Shadow Punch, using the speed boost from TR to make sure it stays in business and still threatens afterwards.

More later, gotta go for now.
Lets not forget that Emboar gets Curse and Gyro Ball. He also has a good special movepool, he even has Scald, so he can be a mixed wall breaker and bulky terror in a Trick Room and in the Sun.

Trick Room Victini . Use V-create, it only gets you faster and faster
but it reduces your attacking stats, so that is completely pointless.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
It actually only reduces your Speed and defensive stats.

No love for Beheeyem? It's slow with 125 SpA, and decent Defenses. It can set up TR by itself as well. I'm thinking this could work:

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Quiet
252 HP (maybe some in Defenses)/252 SpA/4 Def
Trick Room
Psyshock
Thunderbolt (I'm not too keen on his movepool, if he has a better coverage move then please tell me.)
Recover

Basic Special-sweeping set, able to renew TR when needed.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Let's not forget azumarill and porygon-z. Azumarill can actually use waterfall and return now without being walled by some random jellicent, but sun's domination in the tier will probably not let it do much. Porygon-z can get a nasty plot boost sweep and refresh it's own trick room in exchange for being completely walled by steel typed :D . I think uxie also deserves a special mention because of it's huge support movepool. I see a set for it looking like this

Uxie @ leftovers/ light clay
Jolly
252 hp, 252 speed, 4 def
Trick room
Yawn/ light screen/ reflect/ stealth rock
U-turn/ memento

It can be used to set up screens for the team and trick room or it can set up rocks with one screen or it can abuse yawn and uturn

Let's not forget azumarill and porygon-z. Azumarill can actually use waterfall and return now without being walled by some random jellicent, but sun's domination in the tier will probably not let it do much. Porygon-z can get a nasty plot boost sweep and refresh it's own trick room in exchange for being completely walled by steel typed :D . I think uxie also deserves a special mention because of it's huge support movepool. I see a set for it looking like this

Uxie @ leftovers/ light clay
Jolly
252 hp, 252 speed, 4 def
Trick room
U-turn/ memento

It can be used to set up screens for the team and trick room or it can set up rocks with one screen or it can abuse yawn and uturn
Why would you use a + Spe nature and 252 Spe EV's if it's for Trick Room..?

I've been using this Xatu set for Trick Room and I have to say, it works very well.

Xatu@Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Bold
252 HP/ 100 Def/ 158 Def
-Trick Room
-Roost
-Night Shade
-Reflect/Light Screen/U-turn

The thing is, this set almost guarantees Trick Room, due to Magic Bounce. Taunt will simply reflect off. The EVs give it 334/221/215 defenses, which aren't fantastic but allows it to survive a hit or two.

breh

強いだね
methinks tangrowth would be a good poke to add; it can beat down suicune.

Otherwise, Eviolite Lampent should be a fun gimmick to test. As a plus, it laughs at Choiced Victini.

Although all of my mind tells me no, Flareon and Heatmor may be viable Flash Fire pokes as well.

methinks tangrowth would be a good poke to add; it can beat down suicune.

Otherwise, Eviolite Lampent should be a fun gimmick to test. As a plus, it laughs at Choiced Victini.

Although all of my mind tells me no, Flareon and Heatmor may be viable Flash Fire pokes as well.
I used an Eviolite Lampent before in my Doubles team (against a noob team). It didn't take hits well at all, even coming from uninvested attacking stats..

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UU is not done in a doubles format. the point of eviolite lampent is its immunities and even then i doubt it is reliable, as a much better option is eviolite dusclops.

UU is not done in a doubles format. the point of eviolite lampent is its immunities and even then i doubt it is reliable, as a much better option is eviolite dusclops.
I was simply pointing out where I used it. The exact same attacks would've hit it whether it were a Double battle or not.

No mention of Cresselia? Insane bulk supplemented by access to recovery, excellent support movepool and immunity to Toxic Spikes make it a pretty reliable Trick Room starter when compared to the other defensive ones mentioned here.

Using offensive Psychic types seem a little risky with Sucker Punch being so common. Something that can bait and eliminate or neuter Sucker Punch users seems necessary. For example... Gardevoir (with Trace) or Mismagius could come in on an immunity, set up a Sub and safely neuter physical attackers with WoW. Houndoom can be taken care of with a Focus Blast or HP Fighting (although Mismagius needs hazards to ohko).

I've been using TR to a fair bit of success, and it's one of my favorite strategies.

Victini is obviously the (Victory) Star of any TR team (I'm sorry, please kill me now), because V-create simply hurts like fuck. It also has the option of running Thunderbolt to beat Slowbro, etc., which is pretty cool, although generally I find maxed HP more useful than maxed SpA.

FEAR Solosis is great, as it can get a guaranteed TR up against 90% of the tier. If it's paired with Abomasnow (not recommended), it's also earned a kill. On that note pairing Solosis with Moxie Honchkrow is great, as Krow gets a free Brave Bird off, as the opponent either has to sac their 1 HP mon and give Krow the boost (+1 Krow with two turns of TR left is pretty hard to deal with) or let one of their walls take the hit and possibly be 2HKO'd. If they don't have a Flying-resist it can effectively be GG. Honestly I'm conviced Krow is broken, but it will take a few rounds I think before people begin to agree with me.

Also one last little set for the thread.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb / Sitrus Berry
Chlorophyll / Harvest
Quiet 252/0/0/252/4/0
- Leaf Storm
- Psyshock
- Sleep Powder
- Trick Room

TR Eggy, one of the best chain continuers available. The main goal of the set is to use Sleep Powder on the last turn of a Trick Room that was already active, then reset it while the opponent is helpless. LO Psyshock also 3HKOs Chansey, which is nice, so you can underspeed Chansey and sleep her before she moves, forcing her out and allowing you to smack her with Psyshock again later when she tries to switch back in later. Do it right and she never has a chance to heal, bar a Sleep Powder miss. Leaf Storm is great too because it does so much damage, but it's best for single-use, for example on the fourth turn of TR to get a kill and then Powder on fifth to reset the chain and allow a switch to one of your sleepers. I suppose Sitrus / Harvest works, but I haven't tried it since I find LO to be so useful.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Exeggutor @ Life Orb / Sitrus Berry
Chlorophyll / Harvest
Quiet 252/0/0/252/4/0
- Leaf Storm
- Psyshock
- Sleep Powder
- Trick Room
NO! Even without a berry Harvest is better then a speed boosting ability on a Trick Room Team. Other than that it seems like a good moveset.

Too bad Krow loses Superpower if it opts for Moxie: it means it's going to be walled by steel/rock pokes. If it's Aggron you can just cry.

Anyway: the Exeggutor is pretty much the exact same i used for gen 4 UU(with Psychic over Psyshock of course) and it is very good at setting TR up.
Detail: it was not a TR based team. I used TR just for Eggy. Yes.

Musharna is also good if not better than Duosion to set up Trick Room due to it being bulkier and able to hold any item.

Audino and Kecleon both deserves a mention because it's basically the only pokes that sets up TR without being weak to ghost/dark attacks while being bulky (because Stantler is certainly not bulky, and Kinklang is too fast). Gallade isn't weak to Dark and it's powerful, so maybe...

And i finally can sweep with Mightyena!!!

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: fuchin' moxie
-Sucker Punch
-Me First
-Fire Fang
-Return

Take that bitches. Even better if Hyena is gold colored

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)