Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

So whenever i think about jirachi i am immediately reminded about twave. Since twave is arguably the best move in the game i wanted to exploit that by using mons that benefit from other stuff being twaved like hex gengar. So that lead me to make a team around jirachi - hex gengar. I used body slam jirachi to para pdon and other grounds which switch into it so gengar can weaken them for xern, arc rock was added to check the 2 big burds and wisp shit. Jolly sd don keeps rocks up vs support arc (s/o dice), i already have a good xern check so i dont need bulk, latios helps with ogre and has twave (good move), thunder 2hkos klef and lugia if it hits. I could replace replace this w hp fire or something idk whats better.

http://pastebin.com/m4LWASAM

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

OR

This is actually a really fun, cool team that I initially made the base with PoMMan, however, the team changed quite a bit from the original build. We started with Scarf Rachi, a really cool mon that lures in PDon, Ho-oh, and the like and can give a free switch in to things like Kyogre and Arceus-Ground (things that can threaten those in general that usually cant be brought directly in). We opted for CM Twave Kyogre at the time as it has really good synergy with Jirachi. Kyogre Twaves stuff for Jirachi, while Jirachi can potentially Healing Wish a weakened Ogre to wreck havoc again. A resolute ground resist was needed so Giratina-O was added to add to the Twave spamming as well as act as hazard control and an ekiller check. Primal Groudon was added because its Primal Groudon. Im tired now, so Rockceus handled our Ho-oh weaknesses, and Geo Rest Talk Xern fucks with stall. Rachi was changed to SpD Wish as it helped way more. Also, SD Ray was added over Ogre to help wallbreak more and still fucks Pdon up. Nicknames are ciminal minda Seasonal One episodes.

in plain sight (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish

compulsion (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 156 SpA / 12 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hex
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Defog / Earth Power / Will-o-Wisp

in name and blood (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 52 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail

extreme agressor (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

broken mirror (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

ride the lightning (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Aqua Tail

OR

ride the lightning (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
~~ Henri's Idea + Birds + Creativity - Pdon = Success ~~ Peaked Number 2 on Ladder with 1777 ^_^

First of all, the Jirachi set I will present is not my idea this time, but I concreted it and built a team around it. The Jirachi set is inspired from hyw's Jirachi, presented in Viability Rank Ubers section. So my friend thanks a lot for that genious Idea! :]
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...5-b-mid-and-b-rank-discussion.3535106/page-29

AVrachi. Presented as a Joke meme, a random AV Pokemon??
This is why I decided to teambuilding around this little Legendary Pokemon. I said in the same forum it has a real good synergy with Salamence, paired with a few pokes who can take care of Ghost and Dark types.
And I peaked Number 2 in one half day with a said-meme Pokemon on the Ubers Ladder o.o

The team:

Hyw the Lord (Jirachi) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Atk / 40 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Still the word (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Yves & Tall (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 SpA / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

999 Rare Candies (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Latiti (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Roost

KFC (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Wish
- Roost

- AVrachi takes care of Fairy types such as Xerneas and Diancie, as well as most Rockceus who is a threat to Birds based team. Thanks to Assault Vest, it can stomach 2 HITS from any +2 boosted GeoXern, which is something that only Aegislash and a fat Chansey can do. Jirachi can also bluff the Choice Scarf set or a Shuca Berry.
The crux of the set is Body Slam. It screws over common Ground types who normally predict a Thunder Wave: it paralyzes the target 60% of the time. Plus it can paralyze HO team's Deoxys-S through Taunt which is superb, so you can bring safely Latias once Deo paralyzed to defog pesky Hazards. Iron Head 2HKOes standard GeoXern thanks to the partial Attack investment. And Iron Head with Serene Grace, is cancer as anyone knows. And ParaFlinch is a skillful strat to win U-Turn gives momentum for the team while dealing cheap damages, and Ice Punch put a stop at non-Earthquake Mega Salamence or Rayquaza's sweep (Overheat variants somewhat).
The last idea behind this set is to use Wish Support in order to help Jirachi stay longer in the field. So, I choose the following Pokemon:

- Bulky Mega-Salamence. It has a very good defensive synergy with Jirachi. It resists Fire, Fighting and is immune to Ground, while Jirachi takes Dragon, Rock, Fairy and Ice types moves for Salamence (all his weaknesses actually).
Wish Roost FatMence is a really cool set that I'm innovating at the same time. "It's not a Chansey Antacool, wtf"
Thanks to the 394 def and 393HP it takes really nicely physical hits and is a realiable check to SD Arceus, physical Pdon, Ho-Oh and other Mega-Salamence, very common threats. Roost helps him stay healthy and Wish is good when facing Shadow Force sweepers. Seriously, it is mostly for supporting Jirachi who doesn't have any way to recover its health, and sometimes other members. Dragon Tail is self explained, and Toxic helps weakening stuff.

- Yveltal is chosen mostly for its typing and synergy with Jirachi. It takes care of Ghost Pokemon, and Psychic types such as Lugia. I went for a very Standard LO set, who doesn't have a lot of checks, and Taunt is pretty useful against Stall oriented teams. It also helps vs Mega-Gengar (if only it had Pursuit .-.)
Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wings are STABs and Sucker Punch is a cool priority to have when you have a slow bulky team like mine.

- Stealth Rock Fairyceus is a great support Pokemon who helps a lot against opposing Yveltal, non Sludge Bomb Darkrai, and Zekrom. I think that the best Ubers SR setters are, after Pdon, Fairy types thanks to their ability to hit Mega-Sableye, and most Defoggers such as Bulky Mence, Lati@s, and Giratina-O super effectively.
Thanks to the speed investment, SuperBonbonCeus can help as well against Mega-Kangaskhan and Dragons thanks to Will-O-Wisp and Judgment respectively. Will-O-Wisp also helps a little against switch-ins like Aegislash and Klefki, limiting their passive recovery.

- CB Ho-Oh is added for obvious physical power and because still noone use Solrock. It deals great damages to every mon with the right move between Brave Bird, Sacred Fire and EQ. Sleep Talk to absorb Dark Void and Spore.

- Latias is a standard Defogger which helps against Primal Forms. Primal Kyogre is otherwise a big threat (yh him again), as well as rare but still present specially offensive Pdonners. Defog is also needed to remove Hazards, I don't really need another defogger since Latias is excellent at this role, and the birds already bring high pressure to prevent that hazards are placed too much.

Threat number 1 is Status since the team lacks a Cleric, I would have for sure tried Heal Bell Mega-Diancie if only there weren't the Mega Gem close. Other than that bulky Steel types can also trouble the team with SR up in my side.
I think it is otherwise a very effective team, especially for a non Pdon team (#PUteam #Kogarasumaru), and is really fun to play with.

Replays:

Win against Dialga's Destiny + prove of peak. A magnific AVrachi ending supported by FatMence and based Thunder's accuracy.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312550091

Against Stall:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312540265

Against Offense + Lugia:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312533312

Against Classic HO, proving Jirachi's antileading capabilities:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312505007

Edit : A funny replay where an unpredictable EKiller fails closely to sweep my team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312924858

Up to 1790 Ladder, Jirachi takes Earth Power crit and Yve's Dark Pulse like a champ : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-312934587

^_^

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, here are the entries:

Cranham:
old news:
slurmz: /
Antacool:
orch
Thugly Duckling
steelphoenix
ZoroarkForever
ApplepieFTW
Nayrz
Iris
Level 56
dice
Hack
Mr.378
Antacool
hyw

Good luck!

Last edited:
I really think old news' team is very solidsolid (maybe people just didn't look at it because it's a pastebin) all the other teams have a major flaw to them that isn't a simple set change. So I'm gonna vote him though antacool's is by far the most creative/fun

Fairyceus is €a$h

It has an impish xerneas lol
yeah not the most optimal thing, but not at all bad on rest+geo, a bit more speed is certainly required at least. it's just that imo cranham's is sunbalance derivative worse than most I've seen mainly because it uses the awful physdef yveltal, slurmz' is great if he could run both pogre and ray, but the team just lacks 'coherency' rn and is structurally weak to important mons. he wants ogre; special offensive doesn't rly work because the tteamram is already hella pdon weak if it comes it, dtail pdon esp. owns the team, so he'd have to go with physical for sure to also alleviate cm arc weakness (no arc ghost check lol). but then he loses to dakrai and HO, so you HAVE to add ray, which makes the build even more flimsly and what the fuck is the point of rachi over keys on that build (hint: none wse). antacool's is straight flames but kinda sucks lol. old news' rly is the only option

you understand just as well as me that it was supposed to be bold...

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
old news' rly is the only option
that kinda logic is the problem with this week though... the contest has become which team is the least bad as opposed to which is the best D: if this thread continues it shouldn't delve into overly niche mons, imo. maybe just put an emphasis on mons that are easier to build with + more viable, and encourage creativity as opposed to forcing building w/ arguably sub-optimal mons, leading to sub-optimal teams.

(besides, one does not build around jirachi :|)

I agree with this, except the 'everything is bad' part; if a simple set fix is what's wrong teams can still be great btw. But how exactly would you see that working out? Everyone already builds with those mons so it's more of a "post your teamz" instead of ... being more creative. And if the team uses a viable mon and it turns out to be great, I for one wouldn't post it but just keep and use it lol. Jirachi definitely isn't unviable, nor bad, it just doesn't fit often but when it does it does a great job. I think jirachi was quite a good pick except that like you said you don't build 'around' it as easily as some other mons.

Sub-optimal mons are more fun than optimal ones, even if they result in less optimal teams. Blame the tier for that I guess :]

I should also really look trough posts I make on my phone, jeez. They're pretty messy ._.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Antacool !

This next round is gonna be built around ORAS Blaziken, I think it should be interesting with some of the recent viability discussion.

Good luck!

EDIT: On a side note does anyone know how to circumvent the character limit per post? Otherwise I'll have to delete the "Explanation" section and you'll all just have to use the links

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 124 HP / 224 Atk / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Hurricane
- Knock Off

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Block
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Basically I wanted to see quickpass done right while catching people off guard after you already revealed life orb blaziken. The EVs on groudon are to specifically outspeed max speed Deo-A at +2, although you could also go for a bit more to outpace some scarfers, although most of them cant do anything to you anyways. The second partner I put on was life orb Yveltal with 4 stab attacks. Hurricane can body some things really unexpectedly and helps net unexpected KOs on stuff like Xerneas after a knock off. Most importantly though is its mirror matchup, against other yveltals. Hurricane means you will normally win yveltal vs yveltal, which is the main reason I have it here over heat wave for stuff like klefkis, although it is the strongest move yveltal can use (including dark pulse, it mildly outdamges it by like .3%) and can help vs random fairies like Arc-fairy and clefable, 2hkoing both after rocks. At this point I really hate keys, so I went blockxern to give me a good exploiter of keys and a good mon in general for non-ho-oh teams. Also its an insanely bulky fucker, taking 33% from adamant scarf ekiller's espeed. Gengar can take 88 evs from spa and put them into spdef so that it can guaranteed live a moonblast from xern which otherwise the team is very weak to but its a pretty standard set and helps my matchup vs ekiller and other arceus formes as well as basically getting a guaranteed kill each game with destiny bond. The last mon was cause I thought if blaziken is facing off against ho-oh, I have literally nothing that doesn't get 2hkod by brave bird. I dont even have a flying resist at this stage. So I went Arceus-Rock, which also gives me a similarly solid answer to salamence and can function as a good lategame wincon as well as a good defensive backbone. Wisp aids in my matchup against the killer of E's, which is why I'm wisp over refresh.

One possible change is Ho-oh over yveltal but that kinda necessitates hazard control which this team doesn't really want to need, drains too much momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)