Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

Hack

His build actually showed me that a couple teams like Aegislash > Klefki and I changed my mind about Aegislash being completely outclassed because of his team.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Fireburns Team has no switch-in for physical Dragons at all.
Jhonx~ Team is weak to stall and also to SD P-Don.
DaRizzleMyShizzle is weak to HO and Dialga Balance.
I blame Aegislash.

Hack's Team is solid tho.
I'll go with Hack.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 32 SpD
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpA / 116 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Recover

Arceus-Dragon has always been a bit of a pet mon of mine and I've wanted to use it in ORAS for a while now. I've made many builds with SD Arceus-Dragon with varying success and this one has been the most successful for me so far. It's a simple trap turn team built around SD Arceus-Dragon The team is made to overload Xerneas, which is Arceus-Dragon's most common check, by both attacking it on switch ins and by having enough favorable switch ins to it that it cannot accomplish anything and eventually dies to chip damage. As such the Arceus-Dragon set ignores Xerneas almost entirely and uses Overheat to hit the bulky steels that wall it otherwise such as Scizor and Ferrothorn. It may not do much to then but it allows it to beat them. The rest of the team is self explanatory. BG Yveltal and MGar for the Trap Turn core, Three attack Primal Groudon as a Rock setter and overall utility mon, Klefki to act as a general offensive stop and Spike stacker, and Latias to give a strong switch in to Primals and help deal with other strong mons like Arceus-Ground. I use somewhat custom movesets here that may be changed around like using Espeed on Arceus-Dragon to hit weaker mons with priority or using a number of other attacks on Latias to give different coverage or allow more utility or also using protect on Mega Gengar to provide a more solid check to Ekiller.

Errata: I have swapped the Latios here for a Latias as it does most everything Latios did but helps deal with threats better.

Anyway that is my team and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

SUMMARY:

The goal of the team is to emphasize on the unique traits provided by Arceus-Dragon, forming a solid defensive backbone and Spikes/Phazing core with Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Giratina-O and Klefki, wearing down checks to the point of an easy Salamence-Mega sweep.

Arceus Dragon's niches are it being an offensively typed check to Ho-Oh, Salamence-Mega, Rayquaza and Kyogre-Primal, and has the ability to revenge kill the Lati@s, thanks to them most frequently running Modest nowadays. The latter two (and its ability not to clash with Primal Kyogre) are the only things that justify its usage over Arceus-Water, and should be taken advantage of. A specially defensive variant of Kyogre-Primal is added, giving me plenty of insurance vs CM Arc forms, Darkrai, Xerneas, Sableye-Mega, etc. etc. Using Arceus-Dragon obviously leaves you quite vulnerable to Fairies first and foremost, and of course, the omni-splashable PDon is added. PDon, aside from its obvious valuable qualities, also lures in the Lati twins, which can be easily double switched into Arceus-Dragon, giving it a free turn to Toxic or, if you see a Ferrothorn/Dialga/Klefki / etc. Steel type, make ANOTHER double. etc. etc. Klefki is added to further solidify defense against Fairies, absorb Toxic, and also provides Spikes, further luring in the Lati twins as well as of course providing decent residual damage. At this point, the team's main weaknesses are Primal Groudon, EKiller and Arceus-Ground. Seeing that my mega slot has not been used up, I can go for Salamence-Mega and Giratina-O... I could go for Sableye-Mega and Skarmory... although I dislike the concept of triple dragon in a Fairy-dominant meta, the former is clearly the superior option of the two.

Although I had initially planned for Arceus-Dragon to be my defogger, Giratina-O's addition to the team allowed it freedom to run Recover / Toxic / Judgment / filler move in its last slot. Because of the almost omni-present Kle, I opted for Will-o-Wisp.

Primal Groudon's set is standard Roar, nothing fancy. Same with Primal Kyogre and Klefki.

Giratina-O is running Defog (of course) and Earthquake > Shadow Force, because fuck giving Arceus and Kangaskhan free turns. Also beats lead Exca. :]

Salamence is running a specialized EV set that I'm not going to give away, but tl;dr, it beats even Stone Edge Arceus (so long as its not LO) and sans Ice Beam Arceus-Ground. It doesn't particularly need Refresh, because the team itself is MASSIVELY anti Ho-Oh, and bulky Mence isn't beating Dialga anyway, so i have Facade for the tee-hee teams that only have Supportceus as their Mence check.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Frustration

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Scald

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

edit: changed Stone Edge to Lava Plume on PDon, else the team can struggle a bit with Ferrothorn.

edit2: at the sheer genius suggestion of Peli, i put flash cannon > play rough on Klefki, to help patch the glaring mega diancie weakness pointed out by Fireburn.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Arceus Dragon definitely needs more Speed on that build, I think 96+ outruns Palkia and by extension Modest Latios which is going to wear that Klefki down insanely quickly with Psyshocks then it just gets a kill every time it comes in. Dragons that Klefki doesn't want to touch such as Dialga are also going to be menaces. Will probably submit a team later in the round.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Arceus Dragon definitely needs more Speed on that build, I think 96+ outruns Palkia and by extension Modest Latios which is going to wear that Klefki down insanely quickly with Psyshocks then it just gets a kill every time it comes in. Dragons that Klefki doesn't want to touch such as Dialga are also going to be menaces. Will probably submit a team later in the round.
If i were to give Arceus any more speed, it would be to a total of ~308, outspeeding most modest Lati@s. I need it to retain as much bulk as possible, because its my blanket check to a bunch of otherwise threatening sweepers such as SD Ghosty. Ty for suggestion :)

Also, I'm not even close to being weak to Dialga xD

Actually, you get destroyed by Dialga if its the offensive variant with Thunder, though they're not as common. Palkia too. ~ Fireburn

if for whatever reason dialga is running not only an offensive variant, but with thunder, i can still handle it through kyogre, dragceus and even PDon.

palkia's not even worth mentioning c'mon man don't nitpick >:| 378's team is just as if not more "weak" to this stuff than mine q.q

Last edited:
krauersaut, mr378's team feels very standard and not like a team that was made to show of dragceus. I don't see it fitting in too well except 'it has x y and z defensive niche period.'

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
now watch me wisp... now watch me nae nae...

I brought this team to my week 2 match of POCL, vs KratosMana. The team intended to showcase and abuse Will-o-Wisp Mewtwo-Mega-X, which had a good matchup against most of what I've seen KratosMana bring in ORAS Ubers thus far, and obviously has a surprise factor to it that is valuable in any situation. Xerneas was added because Mewtwo-Mega-X's switch-ins pre-mega-evolution are very similar to Xerneas', pressuring them heavily (especially if a certain pair of car keys or a giant volcanic dinousaut switches into an Earthquake), and after mega-evolution, Xerneas beats most switch-ins to Mewtwo-Mega-X. A physically defensive Xerneas spread with Rest was opted for over the original set on the team, Geomancy, because I struggled with standard Sableye-Mega stall, and needed Xerneas to be able to repetitively switch in on Sableye-Mega through hazards if necessary. Kyogre was added to pressure Primal Groudon even more, and a physically defensive spread was opted for for reasons I can't even remember... probably to check Diancie-Mega and Darkrai or something like that. Latias provides Defog support in case the hazard war goes the wrong way, and while I considered just flat out having Calm Mind Lati there, I needed more insurance vs Groudon, so opted for a more defensive set (the importable has changed EVs for Kyogre and Latias, sorry :<). Last but certainly not least, I needed an additional Primal Groudon check, a Salamence-Mega check, a Groundceus check couldn't hurt to take some pressure off of Latias, another opposing Latias check, and another Xern check... so I raised my zongers. This thing is the fucking halo of role compression, and is the glue that holds this team together. The team sure as hell wasn't built around it or to showcase what it does, but the team couldn't survive without it.

Mewtwo's running standard EVs, and a Wisp + 3 Attacks moveset that was designed specifically for KratosMana, but is honestly pretty damn good in any situation.

Xerneas was explained. It's standard Polopneas. (R.I.P fam)

Kyogre was also explained.

Arceus-Rock has Will-o-Wisp to allow it to check Kangaskhan, EKiller, etc. etc.

Latias was explained.

Bronzong originally had Confuse Ray over Bronzong, but my POCL teammates thought I'd get gangbanged by everyone on PO if I won vs Kratos with a Confuse Ray Bronzong, so I changed it. In hindsight, at least Confuse Ray would've hit that damn Darkceus. :[

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Judgment

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Draco Meteor

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball

Threatlist: Fire Punch Kangaskhan, Grass Knot Scarfxern, Choice Band Dugtrio.

NOW CAN I FINALLY WIN ONE OF THESE PLS AND TY >_<

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)