Water/Fire/Grass Pledge

Felt like testing it out for myself....

Turn 2

The opposing Banette used Destiny Bond!
The opposing Banette is trying to take its foe down with it!

Venusaur used Grass Pledge!
Venusaur is waiting for Charizard's move...
Charizard used Fire Pledge!
The two moves are joined! It's a combined move!
The opposing Banette lost 100% of its health!
A sea of fire enveloped the opposing team!

The opposing Banette fainted!
The opposing Banette took its attacker down with it!

Charizard fainted!

Anyway this is really powerful. Fire Pledge + Grass Pledge 1HKO'd Mega Tyranitar in the sun and 2HKOs Blissey. Might consider making a team or two based around it.

Ok, cool CBManBearPig, thanks! And I literally began Doubles today, and I just made a team consisting of this combo, and damn, it fucking rapes. Here is the combo:
420 (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Roost

Barney (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 Spd / 252 SAtk / 56 HP
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

It has worked so phenomenally!
Just a calc:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Pledge (150) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 330-388 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 55.1% chance to 2HKO
BUT, since it causes their health to go down by -12, it negates Leftovers, essentially making the first hit 58.2 - 66.3%, which is a quaranteed 2HKO on one of the best Special walls, this thing is just freaking insane.

EDIT:
This move going fucking insane:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-74729417

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool sample, Chesnaught. Turn 1 shows how the pledge combo is still bugged (Terrakion should have "resisted" the Fire + Grass pledge combo). It would have been really interesting to see if Water Pledge (from Greninja) and Charizard Y's Fire Pledge would be immune to Gastrodon (well with the current implementation, Showdown! would treat it as a Fire-type move instead of a Water-type move).

Cool sample, Chesnaught. Turn 1 shows how the pledge combo is still bugged (Terrakion should have "resisted" the Fire + Grass pledge combo). It would have been really interesting to see if Water Pledge (from Greninja) and Charizard Y's Fire Pledge would be immune to Gastrodon (well with the current implementation, Showdown! would treat it as a Fire-type move instead of a Water-type move).
I'm thinking that Showdown has it set up as which ever one moves second, as shown in that replay, which is a bug.

Yeah, the combined type of both pledges will activate Flash Fire, Water Absorb, etc. Gastrodon's Storm Drain would've activated, but had they switched out to a Sap Sipper pokemon, it would still be treated as a Water attack.

Interesting note: If Greninja partners up with a grass starter, and attacks second, Protean will turn him into the Grass type. This might be useful for powder immunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)