Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Outrage
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- ?
(Not sure about EV'S)
It comeplely had me confused, like why run outrage!?

Blaziken @ Charcoal
EVs: 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
-Bulk Up
-Protect
-Reversal
-Poison Jab
>Charcoal
>No fire moves
>Jolly (ADAMANT 4 LEIF)
>Poison Jab
>Bulk Up (Swords Dance exists)

alright enough of that.
My Gengar would have a field day with this (And aegislash, which is REALLY common)
Edit: Just saw a SNARL Mega-Man in Doubles.
I died. Because it missed both of my mons. XD
Also, Rain OP ;p

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I actually was messing around with weird pokemon sets and made this weird mew whose purpose is to do what mew does best: troll the opponent.

Mew @ Metronome
EVs: HP252 SpA252 Spe4
Nature: Modest
Ability:Synchronize
-Nature Power
-Gastro Acid
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic
Blaziken @ Charcoal
EVs: 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
-Bulk Up
-Protect
-Reversal
-Poison Jab

This isn't the thread to post your own awful sets, this is for posting weird sets that your opponents had on battle spot

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's been forever since I updated this thread...for future ref, before I do update it at long last, can y'all at least put a little description of what the weird set in question you saw did that caught you off-guard during the battle? Like for instance what gave away that this Arcanine was holding a Choice Scarf and had only used Will-O-Wisp before fainting?

It's been forever since I updated this thread...for future ref, before I do update it at long last, can y'all at least put a little description of what the weird set in question you saw did that caught you off-guard during the battle? Like for instance what gave away that this Arcanine was holding a Choice Scarf and had only used Will-O-Wisp before fainting?
He outsped my scarf landorus-T o-o

Flame Body Talonflame
How I knew this:
  1. My Staraptor didn't immedaitly get owned
  2. It actually activated when I OHKOd it with Brave Bird
I dropped my 3DS in disbelief.
Then lol'd
(The guy also had a Shell Smash Omastar, but I'm sure that's normal)

Blaziken @ Choice Specs
Evs: ???
move 1: Fire Blast
Move 2: focus blast

So I was playing on showdown today, and saw a special Blaziken on the singles ladder. I was shocked when I saw a special attacking Blaziken with no mega stone or life orb. When I asked was it specs or sash, my foe replied "specs"

Gengar @ Gengarite
Evs: 252Sp.Atk, 252Speed, 4HP.
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Skill Swap
Destiny Bond

Ye, other then skill swap pretty normal set, still, interesting to see skill swap. Not sure if the idea is swap levitate away, mega evolve, then get levitate back or if it's to take abilities that would be useful, since he tried to take my Mienshao's Regenerator but ended up taking my Tentacruel's Liquid Ooze.​

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Turn 5:
Cris sent out Empoleon!
Cris sent out Empoleon!

lol zoroark in the back.

Zoroark @ Focus sash
- Nasty Plot

Having the same pokemon hit the field twice in the same turn really surprised me and made me laugh, and I thought that made it worth sharing with you guys. I'm surprised my opponent thought they could set up on me, though. I guess they thought togekiss only had air slash (since I hadn't used dazzling gleam before during the match), and with 2 single target attackers on the field, they were hoping I'd guess wrong?

Either way, dazzling gleam + sand was able to clear out that zoroark, and the rest of my team was able to clear out the empoleon.

I'll admit, this was pretty neat:

Whimsicott @ Light Ball
Bold? Timid?
252HP/252Speed?
Prankster
Fling
Energy Ball (Giga Drain tho)
Moonblast
Encore
This WOULD of caught my Landorus-T off guard... If I didn't immedaitly use knock off (SubSeed Whimsicott ;-;)
The guy also had a Life Orb Arcanine and a AV Snorlax, which was pretty neat. ^^
(Also he tried encoring my Scarfed Lando T. Mkay.)

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
So I was chilling, trying to get my doubles rank back after the ladder reset when:

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Modest/Timid Nature (Not sure at all)
252 Spd / 252 SAtk / ?
- Leaf Storm
-
-
-

I found it pretty funny because 1) A Serperior when Talonflame runs wild and 2) Overgrow Leaf Storm lol. It wasn't really useless, it KOd my rotom wash but it was pretty weird lmao

Just lost to an unusual but effective porygon-z. It was mixed and had shadow ball and iron tail, and therefore abused download as his ability very properly! It could ohko my florges with boosted iron tail, and could 2hko shield aegislash after that! Didnt know his other moves or item.

And right after that a shuckle with contrary and shell smash, so that he could raise both speed simultaneously.

Last edited:
And right after that a shuckle with contrary and shell smash, so that he could raise both speed simultaneously.
I've seen that set before, both on Wi-Fi and in Showdown. Doesn't it actually just sharply increase defenses while lowering anything else?

I saw it paired with Power Split (nasty!) on Battle Spot Season 6 the other day. Definitely not a bad way to run Shuckle as a kind of disruptive Pokemon, though ultimately a bit gimmicky.

Oh, although apparently Power Split ignores the stat changes when calculating the average. Maybe they thought it worked differently, although that's still kind of scary.

Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
I've seen that set before, both on Wi-Fi and in Showdown. Doesn't it actually just sharply increase defenses while lowering anything else?

I saw it paired with Power Split (nasty!) on Battle Spot Season 6 the other day. Definitely not a bad way to run Shuckle as a kind of disruptive Pokemon, though ultimately a bit gimmicky.

Oh, although apparently Power Split ignores the stat changes when calculating the average. Maybe they thought it worked differently, although that's still kind of scary.
Why did that quote me? rofl
And yeah Contrary + Shell Smash boosts defenses while lowering attack, special attack and speed

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet

The defense buff thanks to contrary shell smash is +1 (not +2). :)

---

EDIT:

Just saw this in doubles:

Landorus-t @ Air Balloon
- Outrage

Also, poor sportsman: rage quit when I won.

Last edited:

Sudowoodo @ Red Card
Sturdy
Adamant? Brave?
252Attack/252HP
Counter
Sucker Punch
Stealth Rock
Idk
Well, this did suprise me... Well it would of if I didn't use Swords Dance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (god that's creepy)
Still, my favourite part was when the Red Card activated and switched to my AEGISLASH
Then it Sucker Punched Aegi and my WP activated. Hooray for gimmicks!

i faced a this latios pardon me if its the wrong format

latios Choice Specs?
possible evs: 252 sp.a/252 spd
moves:
ice beam
draco meteor
-
-
that ice beam is what made this wierd. my poor clefable was frozen by it :(

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
i faced a this latios pardon me if its the wrong format

latios @ Choice Specs?
possible evs: 252 sp.a/252 spd
moves:
ice beam
draco meteor
-
-
that ice beam is what made this wierd. my poor clefable was frozen by it :(
Seems pretty standard to me. There are quite a few important threats that have a 4x ice weakness, and unlike draco meteor, it doesn't drop your sp.atk stat.

Poor luck that your 'mon was frozen though. :(

Dragonite Leftovers
Possible EVs: 252 HP/ 252 in either Def or Atk
Multiscale
Adamant(?)
Dragon Dance
Roost
Toxic
???

From what I could tell, this was a toxic stall Dragonite with what I guess is either Fire Punch or Earthquake to handle Steel-types. There was a Scolipede on the team as well, so it might have used to BP defense boosts in. Whatever. I swept the team with my Mega-Alakazam.

43QG-WWWW-WWW-9-PVUN

Swoobat @ BrightPowder
Modest/Timid Nature
252Sp.Atk, 252Speed.
Simple
-Substitute
-Charge Beam
-Double Team
-Psychic

I want to fucking murder whoever made this set. Tbh, pretty cool idea behind it, since becos simple double team would get your evasion up by two rsther then one. As annoying as it was, was pretty cool to see Swoobat being used.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It should still use stat changes, but I do know that mega evolving "resets" any changes that power split gave you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)