Welcome to our simulator forum

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Many weeks later and we have finally have a Pokemon Online server. There is nothing that really needs to be said, just download and have fun.

Phil summed up the server in PR, I won't need to retype what he said:
Phil said:
  1. Smogon's Official Server on Pokemon Online will go public very soon. Smogon's philosophy will be to strictly follow in-game mechanics. However, the server following strict in-game mechanics is contingent on us having the programmers to set it up. So for now, our ladders will support whatever clauses and mechanics available until we can get things fixed. We will post announcements when these things get fixed so nobody is blind-sided.
  2. The Tournament Directors (and it appears the majority of our community) have decided to support previewing teams for official tournaments, so that will therefore be the standard on our 5th gen ladders as well.
  3. My policy team and I are currently ironing out some kinks in the suspect testing process, so just enjoy playing on the ladders until we finalize how to do things. Just keep in mind that ratings are prone to being reset once we set it up.
  4. Here's a list of our initial ladders for the server:

• VGC 2011
  • VGC 2010
  • VGC 2009
  • ADV Ubers
  • ADV OU
  • 4th Gen Ubers
  • 4th Gen OU
  • 4th Gen UU
  • 4th Gen LC
  • 5th Gen Standard Ubers
    • Released Pokemon and Dream World abilities only
    • Preview Teams
  • 5th Gen Dream World Ubers
    • All Pokemon and Dream World abilities
    • Preview Teams
  • 5th Gen Standard OU
    • Preview Teams
    • Initial Banlist #2
  • 5th Gen Dream World OU
    • All Pokemon and Dream World abilities
    • Preview Teams
    • Initial Banlist #2
  • 5th Gen Standard LC
    • Preview Teams
Everybody, please be sure to thank Super for his hard work in getting our server up, and coyotte508 for creating Pokemon Online.
Pokemon Online website
And our server is publicly viewable on the registry, or available through advanced connect on smogon.com:5080

Yay, finally Smogon's own server. No more playing against randoms on someone else's server. Thanks heaps to all who put in the large amounts of effort and time to make this possible.

Well, it isn't available now, but I don't have to hang out with retards on Beta and /tr/'s server who keep bashing Smogon for nonexistent problems anymore. Thanks guys!

Pokemon Online's functions are as follows:
* Select a Trainer Sprite spanning from Diamond and Pearl all the way to Black & White
* Build a team that can include even items that generally have no use in battle
* Customizable Music (Just go into Battle\Music and put in whatever MP3s you already have)
* Pokemon Cries (along with music, this can be turned off, and also replaced if you so wish)
* Switching between Percentage of HP left, and exact HP left (click on your HP bar)
* Scrolling HP bar and instant changing
* 3rd, 4th, and 5th Gen all use their respective sprites, both back and front (I'd like to note that they're all replacable if you want to use your own pack)
* Change the generation of your team in the Team Builder (under Gen.)
* Challenge Cup (Random Battle) forces at least one attacking move per Pokemon and automatically scales the level
* A chatroom with functions such as /me, querying, multiple channels, show/hide user events, muting (personal and server-wide), kicking, banning, "overacting" (flooding the server will have you ejected with your IP shown), specific disabling of /me
* Userlist shows status of user (Grey = Idle, Red Pokeball = Standard user, Blue Pokeball = Standard User in Battle, Great Ball = Mod, Ultra Ball = Admin, Master Ball = Owner. All "alternate" colour Balls mean the user is in battle) and hovering over says who they're battling
* Single-Elim tournaments (user commands are /join and /viewround)
* Megausers. These people can start tournaments, have the standard Pokeball beside their name, but can't kick people. They're also affected by Calling for Silence (server mutes). To see who is a Megauser, type /megauser for the list.

I think I covered everything.

Oh YES, finally we Smogoners have our own space on PO instead of getting trolled by Beta Server jerks. Cant wait to start laddering, after my test week ends at school.

Question: Will the ladder ratings on the main website reflect the PO server's ladders or the P'Lab server's ladders?

I really hope an official ladder is set up soon so that I can ladder extensively over the upcoming holidays. I do prefer Pokelab's interface though. It seems like all that work was for nothing.

I really hope an official ladder is set up soon so that I can ladder extensively over the upcoming holidays. I do prefer Pokelab's interface though. It seems like all that work was for nothing.
They do have an option were you can make it look more like shoddy battle, it you didn't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)