Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Basically, a Volcarona switched in and killed something. I send in my scarf Ditto to revenge it - I see it has the standard Fiery Dance / Bug Buzz / Hidden Power / Quiver Dance. But he moved first. Like, he had a scarf. With Quiver Dance. Someone clue me in on his plan?
Did he actually use Quiver Dance, or are you just inferring?
And also did he switch moves?

Lol i saw a Nbz video where he Knocked Off a Slamences Scarf and it used DD. The guy later said he forgot to change the item, so probably thats ehat happened here.

OMG the best thing ever just happened. I was playing OU and then some guy came. I lead my terrakion, then switched to Gengar. He used Explosion. That's not so bad, he just predicted wrong. But then his next mon exploded, then his next, until he had self-KOed all his mons and I had been immune to all of it. Like, what?

OMG the best thing ever just happened. I was playing OU and then some guy came. I lead my terrakion, then switched to Gengar. He used Explosion. That's not so bad, he just predicted wrong. But then his next mon exploded, then his next, until he had self-KOed all his mons and I had been immune to all of it. Like, what?
That might have been me. I was trying to use a mono explsion team the other day. It didnt work out.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
An all Explosion team is a trolling/joke tactic. He wasn't serious.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Trick Xatu holding an Armor Fossil. It ruined my LO Kyurem set.
That is hilarious, and reminds me of something.

A friend of mine who was using Toxic Orb Metagross with Trick, it used Trick on a Kyurem-Black. Metagross got a Master Ball.

eta: Scorpiopt if you're talking about Toxic Orb Metagross, or the whole thing in general, I wasn't friends with them for their competitive skill. But they did just start playing competitive.

Last edited:
I've seen people running less than 252 neutral nature speed on a Starmie. Without Analytic. This has happened twice in the past three days. I know 1930 isn't the peak of the ladder, but unless I've missed some secret metagame shift, this shouldn't be that common.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chou Toshio (alt) switched in Politoed. Rain Started.
Salamence used Fire Blast! It's not very effective...
Chou Toshio switched in Jirachi.
Salamence used Hydro Pump (WTF...)
Critical Hit!
Jirachi (specially defensive set) took 94% damage (got hit by SR), it fainted!

o_O
O.o

Set was: Hydro Pump / Fire Blast / Draco Meteor / Roost

Occa Berry Abomasnow with EQ... my poor heatran ç_ç
Wouldn't lava plume ohko anyway lol
Chou Toshio (alt) switched in Politoed. Rain Started.
Salamence used Fire Blast! It's not very effective...
Chou Toshio switched in Jirachi.
Salamence used Hydro Pump (WTF...)
Critical Hit!
Jirachi (specially defensive set) took 94% damage (got hit by SR), it fainted!

o_O
o_O

Set was: Hydro Pump / Fire Blast / Draco Meteor / Roost
lol i think i ran that set once as a noob

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No it was serious. He had a rating of 1927. Who would use a troll team on anything with a positive rating?
I had people from /vp/ (they have a private room on PS) make me a team of Specs Yanmega, SubPunch Golurk, Eelektross, Ninetales, Charizard, and SubSD Ferrothorn recently.

It wasn't that bad, actually.

Wouldn't lava plume ohko anyway lol
Depends on how much Abomasnow has invested into HP/SpDef, but max/max+ can even take a 252+ Fire Blast:

252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Occa Berry Abomasnow: 344-408 (89.58 - 106.25%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Even with zero investment Occa Berry Abomasnow can handle a Lava Plume though, and any set running Lava Plume is unlikely to invest much in SpAtk.

252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Abomasnow: 302-356 (94.08 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
8 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Occa Berry Abomasnow: 252-296 (65.62 - 77.08%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I had people from /vp/ (they have a private room on PS) make me a team of Specs Yanmega, SubPunch Golurk, Eelektross, Ninetales, Charizard, and SubSD Ferrothorn recently.

It wasn't that bad, actually.
Now we know who's responsible for half the garbage on the ladder. lol.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's funny because a decent number of them are actually competent battlers even with intentionally bad teams. The really bad stuff isn't even them.

I occasionally run dumb stuff on my own, but eh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)