Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i was reverse laddering lately and got down to a 244 rating. There are battlers below the 1007 mark, you would not believe your eyes.
I battled someone with a Whimsicott

Go! Whimsicott!
The foe's Politoed used Protect!
But it failed!
The foe's Politoed's perish count fell to 1.
Whimsicott's Toxic Orb activated!
Whimsicott was badly poisoned!

okay, might be a gimmicky switcheroo set, right? wrong.

Whimsicott used Energy Ball!
Whimsicott used Facade!

Whimsicott was hurt by poison!
Whimsicott fainted!

I mean, i don't even. What?

Apperently the other guy didnt know either. He was just really lucky then. And Chople Berry does activate against neutral hits. Otherwise i wouldnt post it here lol.
Oh man lower ladder sucks. Its not easy to ladder out at all, simply because they use so much random shit. Like, I was going to KO an opponents weakened Rotom Wash with Secret Sword and it ate its Chople Berry.

Edit: Apparently Lucky Punch only works with Chansey, so sorry for that, he was jsut really lucky. Chople Berry, however, did activate on Rotom-W.
No. He did not have a Zoroark. Maybe my computer is just too old...13 years is too much.
Waiy wait wait wait hold up a sec. When the hell did I make these posts? I dont remeber making any of these. Ive been playing almost exclusively Ubers ever since I heard of MUTE, and havent laddered in Ou for ages. And Lucky Punch works only on Chansey, and type-resistance berries only work on SE hits. Also, my computer is 5 years old, not 13. So wtf who made these shit posts. I have a brother who constantly bullies me but Ive never given him the password...so....hacker gtfo your giving me a fucking bad rep as a liar.

Edit: My brother is a fucking bitch. Just cause hes fucking younger than me, he always hets away wih shit. Everytime. Every fucking time. Fuck him.

Last edited:

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Waiy wait wait wait hold up a sec. When the hell did I make these posts? I dont remeber making any of these. Ive been playing almost exclusively Ubers ever since I heard of MUTE, and havent laddered in Ou for ages. And Lucky Punch works only on Chansey, and type-resistance berries only work on SE hits. Also, my computer is 5 years old, not 13. So wtf who made these shit posts. I have a brother who constantly bullies me but Ive never given him the password...so....hacker gtfo your giving me a fucking bad rep as a liar.

Being inexperienced, maybe this is some sort of strategy I don't understand.
But, Salac Speed Boost Yanmega? Really?

I watched a match between two players somewhat low down the ladder. It was close and it eventually came down to Alakazam vs Parasect, both at full health.
The Parasect's trainer was wondering whether he should go for the spore or just go for the KO with X-scissor. He realised Alakazam could 2HKO him, but he could OHKO Alakazam. However, safely assuming that the Alakazam was sashed he went for the spore.

The foe's Parasect used Spore!
Alakazam fell asleep!
Alakazam ate its Chesto Berry!
Alakazam woke up!

So yes, no sash and he could've killed it with X-Scissor. Instead he was killed by Psychic.
I talked to the Alakazam's trainer afterwards and it was apparently an innerfocus chestoresto Alakazam...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We should write analyses for a few of these silly sets once, and put them in The Smog. With all the experienced people here, and a little help from the CnC guys, we could make pretty serious-looking arguments for stuff like Life Orb Shedinja, Air Balloon Rotom-F or Specs Machamp. I think it would be a fun read if done right.

If anyone ever wants to specificly hunt the weirdness:
Try the ladder near ~1200 area.
I've met the weirdest ass stuff there like oh god what when I've been playing with silly teams.

for exsample I once saw someone with manual hail. I mean, why?(granted it did take down my gimmick sub starf berry)

We should write analyses for a few of these silly sets once, and put them in The Smog. With all the experienced people here, and a little help from the CnC guys, we could make pretty serious-looking arguments for stuff like Life Orb Shedinja, Air Balloon Rotom-F or Specs Machamp. I think it would be a fun read if done right.
While one might initially question the use of Life Orb on a Pokemon wih only 1 hp, Shedninja can actuallly make good use of a Life Orb. Base 90 attack is not all that great, but a Life Orb patches that subpar attack up. For example, Shedninja now can do 1 hp to Ferrothorn wih a boosted Final Gambit. Furthermore, Shedninja hates hazards. Now, you might be wondering, "How does this factor in?" Well, a Choice Band would be prederable to further boost Shedninja's power, but hazards are a bug problem for a pokemon so weak to hazards. Here is te set.

Shedninja@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Wonder Gaurd
252 speed/252 attack/4 def

Final Gambit
X-Scizzor
Will-o-Wisp
Toxic

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^I'd rather run a mixed set:

Mixed Shedinja:

Shedinja @ Life Orb
Wonder Guard | Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- X-Scissor
- Facade
- Final Gambit

Shadow Ball and X-Scissor give STAB. Facade is for coverage, and it's also neat to have in case you get burned or poisoned or something. Steel types will wall you all day long, though, so Shedinja needs a Ground, Fire or Fighting move to take care of them. Its only Fire moves are non-damaging, and the only Ground moves it learns are Dig (which is two-turn and thus useless) and Mud-Slap (which is Mud-Slap). It learns a Fighting move, though. Final Gambit isn't optimal, but certainly the best it gets. Life Orb provides extra power to your moves. Shedinja has terrible defenses and HP, so maximum EV investment is required to mitigate this.

This would be soooo cool. I'm gonna draft an application. I shouldn't post it though since I'm too new.

I like that idea, and maybe there could be replays of them in use?

On-topic, I've seen a special Landorus-T with HP Ice, Focus Blast, Earth Power, and one other move. It's not Landorus-I...

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Guys if any of you raged because of a random SpA Lando-T running in the ladder please don't be mad.

I apologize sincerely.

Edit: My brother is a fucking bitch. Just cause hes fucking younger than me, he always hets away wih shit. Everytime. Every fucking time. Fuck him.
...are you a schizophrenic ?

A mono Dragon team, each member has quick claw. What is wrong with OU these days? I also spotted a Jirachi with draco meteor, used right after calm mind. And an explosion Hetran. The oddest has got to be the team that had Moltres, Arcticuno, Charizard, Volacrona, Ninjask and Shedinja. Stealth rocks ahoy.

Oops, nearly forgot the Tyranitar that didn't have sand stream on a sandstorm team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)