Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

Warcraft is supposed to be an exciting strategy game, not something that goes off on a tangent hoping to impress with horridly average MMORPG gameplay that's only covered up by minimal bits of stuff people hypercentralize over as being cool --;
Agreed... I gave WoW a chance... twice in fact. (Friends persuaded me) Got bored around level 30 both times and went straight back to WC3. My cousin had a 70 Priest with all the high tier gear, flying mount, does the biggest battlegrounds blablabla so i've seen everything. Every time I see it it just seems so damn boring and pointless. (incidentally he quit and now plays WC3/Pokemon with me)

That said, anyone else here play WC3 (or even DotA)? I play Human and I consider myself a fairly good player. I have 1000+ wins, not that that accounts for skill in the least.

WC2 > WoW > WC3.

However, with the current direction blizzard takes I'm inclined to think WoW might be "Waiting on Warhammer" heh.

nvm all the good stuff I said about WoW. Blizzard gimped Warriors. I quit WoW now. They're not getting anymore of my mommy's money. Fuck Blizzard. >:x

nvm all the good stuff I said about WoW. Blizzard gimped Warriors. I quit WoW now. They're not getting anymore of my mommy's money. Fuck Blizzard. >:x
Warrior with support is still going to own.

The only real nerf was the deathwish change, which is fine, because my crappily geared warrior (exemption: Lunar Crescent) was doing near-3k ms crits on cloth (ie. with wf they were in sub-2sec kill territory).

I'd invite you to see my armory profile (Homertime, Llane server), but I went back to prot this morning.

Warrior with support is still going to own.

The only real nerf was the deathwish change, which is fine, because my crappily geared warrior (exemption: Lunar Crescent) was doing near-3k ms crits on cloth (ie. with wf they were in sub-2sec kill territory).

I'd invite you to see my armory profile (Homertime, Llane server), but I went back to prot this morning.
I agree with you, Warrior with support is still gonna own, but that's far from the point. It's more the principal of it.

Warrior was without a doubt, the worse class in the game for a long stretch of time. Then comes the Rage buff and Warriors are finally getting back on their feet.

The Blacksmith weapons are getting made and flowing around more and the 31/30 is getting popular. And now, with the coming of arena, Warriors finally get to shine in what Blizzard constantly says they are made for, organized PvP.

But once Warrior starts shining in organized PvP, people cry for gimps. And sure enough, Blizzard delivers.

Enrage, Death Wish and Flurry which are not only in the same tree, but require each other to activate the other is being gimped. Who the fuck complained about Flurry? No one. Death Wish and Enrage no longer stack? wtf m8, Death Wish is a debuff. Enrage is a buff. Death Wish is activated every three minutes and gives you 5% damage more taken. Enrage is a buff that activates when you get crit. Now they no longer stack. wtf wtf wtf

And my favorite, Sweeping Strikes and Execute no longer stack. Wanna know what pisses me off about that? They gave SS + EX back last patch, JUST to take it back again this patch. Then we get the smarks who go, "o lol becuz killin someone who isnt below 20% is balanced". I retort with this:

"No one ever got one shotted by a SS Execute. Ever. All the melee frontliners are stacking HP and that 3k-4k damage will damage, but hardly one shot. Nevermind the fact that he's attacking the Warrior who has low survivability while he's hitting someone else who chances are is fighting back. And I give that 3-4k Execute as a bone thrown. Most if not all Warriors live in Berserker Stance, you switch to Battle for the Sweeping that takes 30 Rage. Best case scenario I'll say the Warrior has Tactical Mastery for the 25 Rage switch over. On hit to activate Sweeping. Now the Warrior either hits or crits the guy and Executes for maybe a nearly a grand or over if it crits. Because by doing all the pre-reqs the Warrior doesn't have nearly enough rage to do a wtf Execute that everyone #!#@*es about. All the while he's getting his ass kicked. SS + Execute isn't nearly as broken as it seems on paper. I'm willing to bet a majority of people haven't even experienced it because it's usually not worth it." ~ Me on another forum

Check out my armory, Rahke - Azshara. The only fun left for me in that game was doing the BGs for HWL gear. And even that got boring. AV sucks and is the best honour gainer. And the others while moderately fun, Horde sucks at and constantly loses. And World PvP is practically dead. wtf halaa. And now, they give me these two kicks to the nuts of my PvP. Fuck this, I'm just not gonna deal with it no more. I'm gonna do what a majority of QQers can't, I'm gonna quit. I'm gonna come back later in a few to see if anything changed, but for now, I'm fed up with it.

When all the Warriors on the forum joked about how much we get nerfed, I laughed along with them. I had no idea it was true and that Blizzard has no idea how the fuck to run this game.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dumb, but hardly crippling. The only ones with any real room to complain are Priests. Funny how they started out being the "benchmark healing class" and yet they're now the healing class you're most likely to see DPSing because their non-Shadow Talent trees suck so horribly. And they're STILL missing two of their dmg/heal Arena set pieces.

And wtf Illumination nerf. -_-

Apparently an attempted solution to the fact Paladins are on almost every decently ranked 5v5 team.

Failing to account for the various blessings: priceless.
One of the many reasons why I honestly think Blizzard has no idea how to run their product. WoW is an awesome game, but these constant nerfs alone has ruined the game for me. I'm tired of every patch, I gotta look at the notes and see what nerf I'm getting this time.

I enjoy how every class is the weakest class in the game and how every class is an easy HK for every other class in the game.

Cry more and also the RPS part of my sig works nicely in this sort of argument although not too well in this one in particular, except with 'needs to be nerfed' in place of 'is uber'.

The problem with the rock, paper, scissor anology is that you're saying certain classes should beat other classes. As the Rock, I pwn scissors, but I'm constantly owned by paper. I shouldn't take heart that scissor can beat paper. It should be truely balanced as to where I can take both and perhaps they can take me too.

It's made to the point that dispite skill, you can get beat by someone solely on the class they pick, such as the infamous 7k blasts from 40 yards away. But when I get in melee range and crit them for 3k(once in a blue moon), I get nerfed? That's my beef with the game.

And since "cry more" was mentioned, listen to this:

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/137297/Cry More Theme Song - Darkside From Coilfang.mp3

natalie

property of alex
synre / mre post screenies of stuff please?

haha loved it - 'this game's too hard pew pew i'm sad!' crah more mutha fuckas ah'm gankin' you in hillsbrad

too bad they're allies

i also play wow, 66 blood elf rogue on anachronos eu.
i did have a 60 ud rogue on doomhammer usa but i sold it.

if it ain't matching it ain't going on. lol

leftmost is recent. i hate those gloves but the ones i want, the lobster is unwilling to give me.

I don't play WoW, but I know many people that do. Though I am an MMO fan, the free trial I played for WoW was just terrible >< I didn't enjoy it one bit. FFXI is my MMO! Yes it's time consuming, but isn't every MMO?

If you picked a bad starting zone (there are a few that kinda suck), then it could have been frustrating. couple that with not having a RL friend on your server, and i can see how people would get bored quick.

I'm guessing you either started Night Elf or Troll/Orc, which are the two gayest starting zones.

Undead or Tauren starting zones for horde are both tight.
human or gnome/dwarf zones are good for alliance.

i don't have any 70's. I stopped playing competitively when the expansion came out in january. I have a 60 mage all purpled out in BWL gear, and a 58 priest that i'm just doing PvP on.

then a 51 warlock and 51 hunter.
Then a 38 warrior for BG's.
and a 29 rogue twink.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i met this pretty blonde at a club the other night and we got talking about, you know, NORMAL stuff like work and friends etc, then she dropped a bombshell:
"i am a level 60 warrior"
"what?"
"on world of warcraft, i am a level 60 warrior"
"ok bye"

the above post reminded me of this incident

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Considering you're relaying this story on a competitive pokemon battling website's forums... it sounds to me like you two were destined for each other.

Ex-WoWer here. I was always more of an Anarchy Online man when it came to MMOs (played that for about 2 years), but I spent about 4 months in WoW. Iirc I was on the European Steamweedle Cartel server (Oniwhisper, Willowwhisp, Raveneffect and a few other names that are well out of my memory).

Unlike many ex-WoWers I've seen, I don't resent the game. It gave 4 months of decent amusement and it wasn't the gameplay that made me leave. In the end, I just got sick of the community. My ignore list grew by 10-20 each day I played and finding a decent group was difficult. A big factor in MMOs is the community and unfortunately for me, I didn't find one that I liked. Got to about 45 on a Night Elf Rouge, never joined a guild (or found one I considered worth joining), only picked up a couple of people to my friends list, so eventually soloing got a bit boring.

I've had the odd temptation to rejoin, if only for the drugged out elves (Blood Elves), but even though I never experienced it, I just don't like the long term prospect of raid grinding. Just gonna wait in MMO limbo until AoC or WAR come out.

My old character (probably around 15-25 when this was taken):

I gotta say, despite the hippy elves being nice eye candy, the drugged out elves are much nicer to look at.

I used to play FFXI like..a year ago
Name: Realm
Jobs: PLD75,RDM75,RNG75,DRK75
Server: Bahamut

It was an amazing game but I eventually got bored of it..I then went on to WoW and played that for a few months..
Name: Lumind
Class: Priest 70
Server: Agamaggan/Nathrezim..

It got boring eventually so I just quit and play warcraft 3 now..

In the end, I just got sick of the community. My ignore list grew by 10-20 each day I played and finding a decent group was difficult.
A large number of WoW players (myself included) are from the Battle.net community (which was crappy), as a result it's unsurprising that the community isn't amazing in some circumstances.

I was lucky enough to meet up with a group people I get on really well with though, but the majority of players aren't amazing to be grouped with IMO.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Erbion

My shaman, soon to be retired for my paladin (Absurdity, same guild and server) because they're just so much more viable ><

I wonder if is ok if i bring this thread back to life since i started to play WoW again, and got the expansion and stuff.... i used to have a 60 human mage on thunderlord. But now i'm playing an Undead Warlock on Kalecgos, just in case anyone cares to talk about this game again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)