Base Stats of New Pokemon

Holy shit, the Chandelier pokemon and it's base 145 SPECIAL ATTACK. Combine that with it's Ghost+fire stab, and respectable base 80 speed.

We have got a monster on our hands.

EDIT: Seribii fails miserably.

EDIT 2: false alarm. it does have 145 spec atk after all.

Holy shit, the Chandelier pokemon and it's base 145 SPECIAL ATTACK. Combine that with it's Ghost+fire stab, and respectable base 80 speed.

We have got a monster on our hands.
Yes, but Bliss' could easily come in on a choiced SB, and a potential Fire Blast has nothing on defensive Ttar.
Though I guess that's what we have HP Fighting for.

It's worth mentioning that there's a hold Item that boosts the stats of unevolved Pokemon too. We could even have a scenario where NFEs get into OU.
One question though. Does it boosts ALL stats or just for example defenses ? Or there are two items - for defences and for offenses ? I'm just curious, as it gives some interesting options. Gabite with this item in lower tiers may wreck - STAB Outrage + Dragon Claw + Earthquake with 1,5 boost (I hope it gives at least 1,5 bonus) in physical attack for example sounds good. Monferno may also receive some neat boost for his Nasty Plot set. And of course some defensive NFE behemots like Porygon2 (guys, Porygon2 may be surprising counter to few attacking behemots with boosted defenses), Chansey and Dusclops. I always like idea in using competitive some NFE pokemon in UU or NU and now they may really shine if this item has good enough bonus.

Are there any pokemon that look like they instantly qualify for the lower tiers, just by their BSTs?
Pure theorymon time, however there are few.

Swanna - Water/Flying is neat typing, but not with this BST. It has too weak defenses, only decent stat is 98 speed and... that's it. It would need to have Smeargle like movepool to make it somehow OU.

Dasutodasu - It has just too weak defenses to wall this ridiculous stuff. Also when your best stat it 95... I just can't imagine this being viable in higher tiers.

Emonga - well, no need to explain IMO.

Tsunbeea - I love design of this polar beat, but it's terribly slow (50 speed) and 110, while it's good, it's nothing game-breaking. Also switching with Ice type on battlefield will be pain in the ass...

Baffuron - To be honest I'm mostly dissapointed with this guy. IMO it looks like a weaker version of Tauros. While it has decent 95/95 physical defense and solid 100 attack, it would need to have PHENOMENAL movepool to somehow make it OU. Also lack of good resist hurts like hell and unlike Tauros it can't abuse Intimidiate when switching in.

Miruhoggu - Emmm... I can't imagine it being viable, I just can't. Maybe, again, with Smeargle like movepool, but I don't think he'll have it.

Zuruzukin - It has beatifull typing, Dark/Fighting sounds just great. But it has one problem - mostly in offense way. 95 physical attack, 45 special and this sad 58 base speed makes it sad. It has solid bulk, but this 65 base HP doesn't help here. IMO max UU and I'm not sure of it. But maybe he'll have special item like Marowak, who knows... if yes, there's hope for this guy ;).

EDIT:

LOL, so in other words Shanderaa doesn't have 145 base special attack, but... Special Defense. Ok, this is something that totally change things here. Blissey, Snorlax and Heatran for now totally wall it. So no more danger here :P.

And lol - Ononokusu has only 70 base speed ?! Wow, actually it may stay in ;).

Gosh, so many mistakes... Shubarugo doesn't have 20 base speed, but... special defense ?! And it goes on... And my theorymon from this post just go to waste -_-

Pretty sure that Serebii fucked up, and the stats are how we originally thought.

For example, Shimama has 32 BASE SPEED. It's a zebra, it can obviously run, right?

THANK GOD THAT HAS BEEN UPDATED!
Jaroda can actually do something without leech seed and Growth.
Emboar is still a disappointment.
Daikenki has just lost its ability to be a decent mixed attacker for being a specially bulky physical attacker? ¬_¬
The monkeys have swapped nice speed for nice special attack. Preferred spamming fast U-Turns though.
Musharna is weak now, but bulky.
Zeburaika sucks. Needs Scarf or Agility.
I thought there was a mistake with Kokoromi's stats after seeing Koromori's decent SpA in screenshot. Still meh, but better now.
Dory is staying in OU with that speed?
Roopushin has potential. That good physical bulk and extreme attack is awesome ;)
Hihidaruma isn't so broken anymore. :D
Desukan Is fast now @_@

EDIT: Serebii has changed back to the original stats. What's going on?

Basically... all stats changed.

Kurimugan looks viable right now for example. Encourage Outrage coming from 120 base attack and solid 90 speed... well, I guess it's saved ;).

Agiruuda instead of 145 speed it has... 145 special attack.

And my favourite Denchura with shitty 60 base speed x_X. However it has right now 108 special attack, lol.

And guys - say goodbye to overpowered Aakeosu. 65 speed and totally crippling ability just killed this poor bird. Even if it gets Agility - it will be hard with this typing to not loose 50% of HP when setting up.

And Basurao and pitiful 55 base speed... gosh, some potentially good pokemon got totally crushed x_X.

And Zoroark with base... 60 speed. Lol :D.

And wow, Furiijio has 105 special attack and 135 base speed ! Sounds like an awesome cleaner, just give it Thunderbolt and something else like Aura Sphere x_X.

EDIT 2:

And how the hell you may trust this guys -_-. Gosh, so lame.

Oh damn :( Some of the assumed broken pokemon were not so broken, but now its back to the original :( Well I guess Jarohda can go back to Leech Seeding again

Serebii has confirmed that these new stats were errors.

ETA: Yo, Shroomish and Tamagetake/Morbaler both have access to Spore now. And Hihidaruma has Belly Drum - we're all dead. Doryuuzu has both Rapid Spin and Swords Dance! Stealth Rock is LvUp now, I haven't read everything but both Ishizumai/Iwapres and Dangoro/Gentoro/Gigaias have it.

ETA: Yo, Shroomish and Tamagetake/Morbaler both have access to Spore now. And Hihidaruma has Belly Drum - we're all dead. Doryuuzu has both Rapid Spin and Swords Dance! Stealth Rock is LvUp now, I haven't read everything but both Ishizumai/Iwapres and Dangoro/Gentoro/Gigaias have it.
SD sounds SOOO sexy on Doryuuzu. I have a feeling sandstorm will become popular once again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hihidaruma change to it's alternate form once it reaches 50% HP? If so, Belly Drum is substantially less useful, but it makes an interesting sort of mix-tank.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's an alternate ability. Yeah, we're all dead.

Damn it! Sois their any hope for Jaroda, or am I stuck using him as support/Subseeding? Cause I AM using him compettitivley, somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)