CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 3 (New Evolution/New Pokemon Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunflora isnt the only pokemon that actually needs a good evo, magcargo can fit as well on that desription, the idea isnt that crazy, the lava when cold is a good place where plants can grow, and can also get clorophyl as an ability because of the symbiosis between the plants and magcargo

I'm going for an Evolution, partly because two new species have been done already, and I think the whole thing could do with a change. If it doesn't work out so well, we'll know to keep it to New Species the next time, at least we will have tried it out.....

I thought this discussion was dead when I left, guess not. I really admire the frantic struggle between whenever it’s a new species or new evolution and it’s great to see people really supporting their cause, but we can’t stay on this subject for far too long. We have other subjects to go and beside there is talk about CaP running another project called C.A.P.E (Create a Pokemon evolution) being made. If you want to participate and/or be it's topic leader you can go and ask Doug. Now...since this project needs to move on, I suppose it's up to me to make the decision and I hereby say that new pokemon wins out this time.

Why are the people wanting new evos being called fanboys. First a create a pokemon project is the epitome of a fanboy project to start with.

Also there really is nothing more fanboyish then giving a pokemon two of the best offensive stabs, 1 base speed more then the standard 120 and every move you can possible think of(spikes,superpower,earthpower,fire fang) when they don't fit.

Scylant is the definition of a fanboy pokemon. Not something like a sunflora evo which already has a stat placement to benefit a fire/grass typing and its whole gimmick is based around the sun.

Anyway back on topic i think the amount of people who want evo's (over 40% in both the last two projects) is too big not to atleast open a topic and serious discussion on running this "C.A.P.E" you mentioned.

I think latinoheat's arguments (about a new evo on the last page) should be considered more before we move onto the next stage of development. I don't think we have too convincing of a majority to push forward, but its your call GT.

Dormin~ I saw and read Latinoheat's argument on the last page and is still thinking about it. I wanted to state the fact that we can't stay on this subject forever. I would like it if we could make a unanimous decision on this, but it seem unlikely so that where my call come in.

Latinoheat~ I'm assume it most refer to all whom react to these kind of discussion with their heart rather than their brain but that's just me. If you want more detail and the ability to share your opinion on the "C.A.P.E" project, post here: Page where it talks about it

I will post in their to discuss it at a later date.

In regards to this topic i see no harm in keeing this open for longer, clearly there is still alot of people wanting to defend and discuss both arguments and at the end of the day the more discussion and thought out this is the better the pokemon should be.

If keeping momenturn is what your worried about, the discussion clearly has alot of momentum.

Add to that even though revenank took 12 weeks to make,there was still alot of interest in that project going in to probably the 8th- 9th week, the combination of going too long and the fact that the last parts were less "important" ideas such as height and weight, is what attributed to the slump in the last few weeks.

The guide that has been constructed states 5 weeks at most, what is a couple more days gonna hurt when we took 12 weeks on the mummy, when interest was still their in the 9th week.

I suppose it's up to me to make the decision and I hereby say that new pokemon wins out this time.
Thought you declared that 12 hours ago?

Anyway back on topic i think the amount of people who want evo's (over 40% in both the last two projects) is too big not to atleast open a topic and serious discussion on running this "C.A.P.E" you mentioned.
A discussion on it started over 9 hours ago in the process thread.

I think latinoheat's arguments (about a new evo on the last page) should be considered more before we move onto the next stage of development. I don't think we have too convincing of a majority to push forward, but its your call GT.
And how much of a majority should we have? The reasons these polls are timed is because you'll never be able to convince the majority of people once they cast their vote. This means the final vote likely won't change by more than 5% either way, and it could go back and forth for weeks as people debate it.

On the last CAP, I believe Ghost beat out Grass by something like 53% against 47% or something ridiculously close. Should it have kept going? No, it needed to continue. The longer the polls are delayed on a given project, the longer until the next one can start. It's why we developed the timetable/calendar.

In regards to this topic i see no harm in keeing this open for longer, clearly there is still alot of people wanting to defend and discuss both arguments and at the end of the day the more discussion and thought out this is the better the pokemon should be.
Except nothing new will come from it. People's votes aren't changing, it's just being debated by the same people. It's not doing anything constructive to this particular project.

If keeping momenturn is what your worried about, the discussion clearly has alot of momentum.
Momentum towards creating CAPE, perhaps, but not towards this particular Pokemon.

Add to that even though revenank took 12 weeks to make,there was still alot of interest in that project going in to probably the 8th- 9th week, the combination of going too long and the fact that the last parts were less "important" ideas such as height and weight, is what attributed to the slump in the last few weeks.

The guide that has been constructed states 5 weeks at most, what is a couple more days gonna hurt when we took 12 weeks on the mummy, when interest was still their in the 9th week.
The entire point of the timetable was to get this done. People don't want to spend three months working on one Pokemon when three can be done in that time. Just because Revenankh took that long doesn't mean it was a good thing that it did.

the fact i was making was that momentum will not be lost if this is kept open an extra day, when momentum wasn't really lost when something took 9 weeks.

There is hardly anything in 1 or 2 days.

I meant a seperate topic for the CAPE as well.

the fact i was making was that momentum will not be lost if this is kept open an extra day, when momentum wasn't really lost when something took 9 weeks.

There is hardly anything in 1 or 2 days.
If it slows down at all due to unnecessary extensions, momentum is lost. There's been *3* votes in 14 hours. Leaving this open another day might get another 5 votes, if any. There is no point to doing so. It only delays the Project as a whole, and in the end the result will be the same.

If you want to create a new evolution, go post in the Process thread why it would be beneficial to have concurrent CAP and CAPE Projects. Do more than a single sentence as well, because just saying you want it with no support is not a good way to convince anyone it should be done.

how can i offer any more support then you know already saying that going on 45% wanted a new evolution in both the last projects.

I did, but magically the topic wouldn't die and beside I stated that anyone who have any objection towards my ruling better speak up.
There should be a reason to object beyond just "I don't like it", otherwise we'll never move on. Declare the vote over, move on to the next, and point those who want CAPE to show their support and ideas on how to go about it in the process thread.

Like I said before, in 14 hours there have been 3 votes, and they followed the current trend of 2 new, 1 evo. The current voters' choices won't change in any meaningful amount, and neither will the results.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the way I've been doing it on poll threads:

As soon as a new thread starts, I close the old one. We don't need people necroposting in closed polls. I would dearly LOVE to close this thing, considering that it has been stale for a long time. But, I don't want to do that until the new poll is created. That's up to the TL.

GT -- If you plan to wait until every person has finished with the discussion, we will never get this thing done. In click polls, there is a fixed close time for the poll. We need to do the same thing with bold voting threads. Set a time at the outset, and then follow it. Don't hang around waiting for a consensus that will never come.

you may as well close this.

I can't wait to see one of the best offensive typings going to waste, on some shitty wall with only a few useful resistances and a stealth rock weakness.

First off, I'm already in the making of the next topic. Second, I'm aware that most of these should have a time resist on them, but that's my failure to uphold them. Next polls will have a set times on when it's open and closes. These last few poll have been done sloppy in terms of closing them or knowing when a option has won but no more.

Evolution of an existing Pokemon

A fire/grass type would go along very weill with pokemon such as Sunflora and Cherrim, both of whom could use an evolution (Sunflora is long overdue for one)

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree with LatinoHeat that the Sunflora family could do with an evolution. However, and I'm sure this will come up in later threads, I'm not sure giving it a flat 10-point boost to all its stats is necessarily the way to go. For one thing, its Speed is 30, which means it ties with a bunch of other things for third-slowest fully-evolved Pokémon. Giving it 10 points of Speed will hurt it in Trick Room and won't make that much difference outside of Trick Room, even with Chlorophyll.

Although there may be a second poll for this, I'd like to see it be a divergent Sunkern evo. If it has Fire/Grass typing, better stat distribution, and a bunch of Fire moves to go along with its Grass moves, it may not even need a higher base stat total than Sunflora.

personally i don't see how you can get much better then sunflora for a logical fire/grass pokemon.

We can do much better; Everyone who wants an evo go over there *Points to discussion*

It gets two traits that fit a fire/grass pokemon and it can easily make use of.

lik wat?

The current stats spread of sunflora is 75/75/55/30/105/85

I should shoot you just for putting SpD last.

just by adding 10 to each to get 85/85/65/40/115/95. That spread set brings so many options,
Nein.
85/95 allows it to switch into weaker special hits
I see no weak special hitters in todays metagame, they need to be strong to deal with bliss.
115 special attack on a fire/grass dual stab
See above point
the speed could be added to and either way is made up for by clorophyll.

It's speed maxed out under sun would be somewhere in the early 400 range, which is outrun by ScarfCross and proptly owned.

In terms of movepool the only grass based moves sunflora really misses are sleep powder and stun spore.

Which are a big part for somthing so slow

Just adding standard fire moves you get a good few options:

(Clorophyll) Special Sweeper

Sunny Day
Grass Knot
Fire Blast
HP Ground/HP Electric/Taunt

This thing is about as good as you could ever get from a sunny day sweeper. Blissey gets 3hko'd, using taunt the best it can do is a neutral ice beam to 85/95 special defence. HP Ground is for Heatran

How is a flower taunting? =S
I See Solarbeam being better than GK On this set.

(Clorophyll) Physical Sweeper@Life orb/Leftovers

Blaze Kick/Fire Punch
Sunny Day
Seed Bomb/Grass Knot
WOW/HP Ground

life orb 252 att(+attack) will 2hko both blissey and skarmory with a fire punch in sun. The grass move will stops tyranitar/hippodown changing the weather on you and obviously stops swampert.If gyarados,gliscor or whoever wants to try and wall you they get WOW, a burnt gyarados is fucked. Heatran is the best counter to this but when faced with 115 special att its still risking taking a huge dent from a random HP ground even without evs.

lol hai i'm gimmick set and am completly shut down by sun running out/t-tar/heatran. Seriously, you can't take both HP Ground and WoW at once, so either way You're screwed once you get found out. Tentacruel also shuts this down magnificantly and ownes it with STAB Sludge bomb.

Choice Specs

Leaf Storm/Grass Knot
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
HP Ground/Electric/Ice
WOW

lol choice specs WoW.

Support

Leech Seed
WOW
Synthesis

Not enough defences/speed to pull it off, needs more Sub if it does.

Sunflora even gets Swords dance, i did not list this because 40-60 speed is not exactly going to sweep.

Which is hypocritical to your physical set? they OHKO You while you feebly set up sun.

IMO the typing fire/grass fits everything about sunflora so well and is about the best chance you will ever get to make a new evo.

No it dosent.

If sunflora a thing who's whole existence is based around weather abuse and the sun, does not fit a fire/grass evolution then you may as well remove the option for a new evo from every CAP project from this point on.
See the discussion thread. Seriously, there are much better options than Sunflora to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)