Other EVO Process Workshop III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One last, final thing to clear up just in super case.

Movepool alterations: Should it be omnibus (e.g. nominate new moves either attacking or supporting) or should it be split into attack and supporting?

The first poll in movepool alterations should be whether the movepool should be altered at all.

Then I suppose the other options should be new attack moves, new support moves, or new attack and support moves.

Any thoughts?

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It should be like CAP, I.E. split up.
Alright. So do you support the two-tiered vote:

Vote 1:

Should we expand this evolution's Movepool?

Yes
No

Vote 2 (if yes):

How should we expand this evolution's Movepool?

Add Attacking Moves
Add Supporting Moves
Add Attacking and Supporting Moves

Or do you support an omnibus poll such as:

Movepool Additions Poll:
No Additional Moves
Additional Attacking Moves
Additional Supporting Moves
Additional Attacking and Supporting Moves

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would say go Vote 1 (Should we revise the movepool), Discussion thread 2A (What should we add (Attack Moves)), Discussion thread 2B (What should we add (Support Moves)), Vote 2A (Attack moves), Vote 2B (Support Moves).

The 2A/2B votes would be bold vote, and a list on what we should add based on support in the 2A/2B discussion threads.

Deck Knight

I would say go Vote 1 (Should we revise the movepool), Discussion thread 2A (What should we add (Attack Moves)), Discussion thread 2B (What should we add (Support Moves)), Vote 2A (Attack moves), Vote 2B (Support Moves).

The 2A/2B votes would be bold vote, and a list on what we should add based on support in the 2A/2B discussion threads.
Alright, so thats that. I think the final issue at the tag end is the Base Stat Adjustment.

I honestly don't care about getting specific about build or BSR, since we have X-Act's topic on the subject, but it would help in the case of pokemon that could do either way on offense, like Claydol. Either way I don't want to gunk up the works with too much complexity, but it might be necessary.

Alright, so thats that. I think the final issue at the tag end is the Base Stat Adjustment.
The only limit I would say for this is that the increase in BST from prevo to evo should be no more than a certain amount. I'm not sure what amount this would be. Maybe 40?

Deck Knight

The only limit I would say for this is that the increase in BST from prevo to evo should be no more than a certain amount. I'm not sure what amount this would be. Maybe 40?
X-Act already had a topic on stuff like that. It really depends on the evo. Basically we have an upper limit of 540 BST IIRC. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

Tangela for example got a +45 Boost to Attack alone, nevermind the other boosts.

X-Act already had a topic on stuff like that. It really depends on the evo. Basically we have an upper limit of 540 BST IIRC. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

Tangela for example got a +45 Boost to Attack alone, nevermind the other boosts.
Ah, I probably misunderstood what you said.

I honestly don't care about getting specific about build or BSR, since we have X-Act's topic on the subject, but it would help in the case of pokemon that could do either way on offense, like Claydol. Either way I don't want to gunk up the works with too much complexity, but it might be necessary.
Well, considering that normal CAP takes 4 steps to get the Base Stats, but in EVO it is supposed to be fairly short here are some ways we could shorten it.

The easiest way to explain it would be an example:

Lets say we decided to evolve Manectric using the concept "Quick Mixed Sweeper". Here are all the Biases and stuff:
Manectic 70/75/60/105/60/105
Style Bias-Mixed Possibly Special
Build Bias-Offensive
Stat Rating-Good

Firstly the Style Bias and the Build Bias would be combined. The options would be based on a combination of the current pokemon's stats and the concept. If we were doing Manectric, just by that we would eliminate both completely Physical, and both defesive options. The concept would eliminate completely Special. That would leave us with the Folowing

Style:
Mixed Possiblbly Special
Mixed Possiblbly Physical
Build:
Offensive
Mixed, Slightly Toward offense

With these four we would have the following options to vote on:
Mixed Special/Offensive
Mixed Physical/Offensive
Mixed Special/Mixed Offense
Mixed Physical/Mixed Offensive

It sounds complex, but this could be done in five minutes for someone (maybe the ATL, so they can do something)

Then for the Stat Rating.
Depending on where the selected pokemon currently is, we would choose a limited number of options. Manectricis currently Good, so that eliminates everything below it. It cant excede 540 BST so everthing above Fantastic will be eliminated.
That leaves us with 3 options: Quite Good, Very Good, and Excelent.

To make it short and sweet the options will be required to be between The current BSR and Fantastic. However since this is going to be OU I would suggest using only Good and above, considering the only cross-gen EVO that is Average or lower is... Bellossome.

The Stat Spread Submissions would be done, using the rules described in X-Act's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)