Scolipede

anyone thinked about using scolipede this way?

Scolipede@Flame-Orb
Quick feet

swords dance / baton pass / (t-)spikes / toxic / protect

Passing an instant-speed +1 isnt bad i think, at least in the lower tiers. The only problem is having an mere useless burning bug if there are no more fitting recipents.
Having no Fling sucks.
I wouldn't advise Flame Orb on Scolipede because while it activates Quick Feet, it also kills its Attack.

The boost from Quick Feet also can't be Baton Passed, as said above, because Scolipede gets the boost itself as long as it's in battle. If Scolipede were to use Baton Pass, however, the Baton Pass set in the OP is its best bet.

Well, i dont ever used stuff like quick feet, so i doesnt know that it isnt passable. and which gut-abuser would play actually baton pass over his own big attack stat?
That put the Dream World Abillity back in the same niche like keen eye drapion or gluttony swalot, or even more useless ones.

back to sweeperland with megahorn dance quake slide

Scolipede@Focus Sash
Swarm
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
-Toxic Spikes
-Earthquale
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide

Personally I find that this set works well as a lead. Anyone wanna discuss it?

Looks fairly strong to have a Swarm + Megahorn combo after Focus Sash.

Set Name: Agile Utility

Scollipede @ Focus Sash
Swarm
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Jolly

Spikes
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Baton Pass

Use Spikes first for support. Second, since you are already fast, you can use Swords Dance if you think you or Focus Sash can take the next attack. Thirdly, Megahorn can be used before switching out if it will KO the foe, since Megahorn has 270 BP after STAB and the Swarm boost; it should be enough to at least hurt some neutral targets. If you doubt it can KO the foe then Baton Pass on the target. Baton Pass can also be used vs Rapid Spinners like Hitmontop. If Baton Passing Swords Dance is something you want even your Ghosts to take advantage of, Dusknoir or Spiritomb can use it fairly well, especially since they know powerful moves like Sucker Punch.

This Pokemon is therefore a Spiker, Baton Passer, and last resort Sweeper all in one. Of course, this is thanks to it's natural Speed, and decent Attack Stat helped by Swarm + Focus Sash which makes Megahorn usable in OU.

Scollipede also has the added bonus of absorbing Toxic Spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)