Scolipede

Swarm is probably a decent choice on any set, since he seems fast enough to get shots off even at low health. It seems most useful on a setup lead set with focus sash, though, since you can survive any hit and end up in Swarm range. Given the low attack stat, the boost might be a life saver. Also, it works really well with Swords Dance, since the 50% increase compounds with the Attack boost.

You are all forgeting it's so awesome when it comes out of the pokeball, makes probably the coolest Roar(cry) in the history of pokemon and falls to the ground in an all mighty cloud of .. metallic dust... its badass!

When do you think it would be better to play Pendoraa as a support pokemon or as a SD sweeper?
Anyway you can... show us Pendoraa coming out of the ball and landing and roaring? Ha. I'm interested now.

Believe it or not, this guy has good coverage: he gets QuakeEdge! With Megahorn, he's only resisted by Heracross in the 4th gen. UU (Yes, I know that the 5th gen. UU could be totally different).

When I first saw Pandora, I thought he would suck. But he has a better movepool than his fellow 5th gen. Bugs, like Shubarugo and Agiruda.

My 5th gen. Bug team is complete: Hahakurimo, Shubarugo, Agiruda, Pendrive, Denchura and Urugumosu.
Using Substitute and Swords Dance leaves you with either Bug/Ground to be walled by Flying or Bug/Rock to be walled by Steel. Both types were fairly common in Gen. 4 UU.

Make a Sleep Talking set with Swimming Googles and Quick Feet.

Pendora @ Swimming Googles
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- Megahorn
- Rest [renew Quick Feet]
- Earthquake? [Less moves = better % at Megahorn]

Works for immediate speed and power. Depending on how Swimming Goggles work (permanent like Flame/Toxic Orb?), you may be able to just get away with Sleep Talk and Megahorn for guaranteeing a Megahorn off of its Attack and Speed. If it wears off, Rest can renew Quick Feet while allowing you to heal back up.

Ok, I hate to be a bitch about it, but this is a pet peeve of mine: NEVER run leftovers on a poison type. Always use Black Sludge. It's exactly the same unless someone uses trick and takes it from you, in which case they get hurt instead of getting recovery. It's the easiest thing to do and it can be game changing in a pinch, not to mention there is no downside. Anyway. rant over. this here buggy is cool.

Ok, I hate to be a bitch about it, but this is a pet peeve of mine: NEVER run leftovers on a poison type. Always use Black Sludge. It's exactly the same unless someone uses trick and takes it from you, in which case they get hurt instead of getting recovery. It's the easiest thing to do and it can be game changing in a pinch, not to mention there is no downside. Anyway. rant over. this here buggy is cool.
There IS a downside, they can easily Trick the Black Sludge back to one of your other Pokemon.

Except for the part where the Trickster now has Black Sludge and still knows trick, and can just get rid of it and put it onto another one of your pokemon.

Edit: :|

Agreed 100%. Giving them Black Sludge means you gave their trick user another weapon to trick onto your team. If you had just used Leftovers the worse they can do is give it to one of your guys.

Black Sludge is not a no-brainer in the least and frankly I don't recommend it.

In my experience that's quite easy to play around, and they still take damage the turn they receive it. I don't want to argue, I'm just sayin'.

Honestly, pack a team Immune to Trick's CONs. Klutz, Sticky Hold, etc. prevent Trick. Oh, and chances are you can predict it desperately trying to Trick it back to your team, just switch your Poison type back in... =). Afterall, Black Sludge would be on a bulky Poison type like Muk/Weezing, right?

Could we get back to discussing Pendoraa, please?
Using Substitute and Swords Dance leaves you with either Bug/Ground to be walled by Flying or Bug/Rock to be walled by Steel. Both types were fairly common in Gen. 4 UU.
Well, that means the Sub + SD set has limits, but he's set in a Sub/SD + 3 attacks set.

@Scoopapa: Swarm is a decent alternative on the SD set but since you already carry Swords Dance to boost your attack Quick Feet is generally a better choice.

@hhjj: That set may work only if you are extremely lucky: Sleep Talk is not a reliable move as you only have 1 chance out of 3 of selecting the right move and without HP investment and Leftovers Pandora can't afford to take more than one hit.

@Squid Ninja: A Sub + 3 Attacks set is completely outclassed by the SD one as Pandora sets up a Swords Dance on the switch, which is better than a Sub most of the times.
You should also consider that except for Swarm Pandora doesn't really need to be behing a Substitute as it's already immune to Poison and can take advantage of Paralysis with Quick Feet.

Can anyone rate this set I made for him?

Toxic Spiker:

Pendoraa@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature - 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
Ability: Swarm/Quick Feet
-Toxic Spikes
-Protect
-Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Megahorn

His high Speed makes him a great Toxic Spiker. Although he lacks Roserade's Sleep Powder, Focus Sash lets him set up at least once (or twice, if the opponent doesn't have priority. Protect makes sure Fake Out doesn't break his Sash. Rock Slide is recommended for Aerodactyl's who expect to Taunt you to prevent set-up, but Earthquake is also an option. Megahorn is for STAB and it hits lead Uxie's and Azelf's hard.

His abilities are optional: Swarm can be used to hit harder with Megahorn after Focus Sash kicks in, and Quick Feet can be used to counter T-Wave leads like Uxie.

Any thoughts? This is the first formal moveset I've made in about 4 years, mind you.

Pendora @ Swimming Googles
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- Megahorn
- Rest [renew Quick Feet]
- Earthquake? [Less moves = better % at Megahorn]
I'd like to second this. The only problem is he can't use Toxic Orb. So maybe Flame Orb, but then again that decreases attack....

I'd like to second this. The only problem is he can't use Toxic Orb. So maybe Flame Orb, but then again that decreases attack....
A quick question, If Pendoraa was burnt and has the ability Quick feet , is the stat change from QF passed to the other pokemon after using Batton Pass?

I really like this pokemon, since it is essentially what Beedrill wants to be.
Just stat up and sweep as much as possible, and when walled, simply Baton Pass to another sweeper.
Quick Feet is interesting, but for the most part I can't see how it can be effectively self-induced. Sleep Talk just doesn't seem very effective because then you aren't very threatening.

I love this thing. It's a Poison-type. That looks awesome. And has great stats.

And it's a Poison-type. Epic win right there.

There IS a downside, they can easily Trick the Black Sludge back to one of your other Pokemon.
Except for the part where the Trickster now has Black Sludge and still knows trick, and can just get rid of it and put it onto another one of your pokemon.
Agreed 100%. Giving them Black Sludge means you gave their trick user another weapon to trick onto your team. If you had just used Leftovers the worse they can do is give it to one of your guys.
Do what I do, use a team full of Poison-types.

Well, I think people are underrateing Pendoraa.

Firstly, why was Froslass moved to BL?

Under the support clause, unless I'm mistaken. It's Base 110 Speed and Spikes.

Pendoraa has Base 112 Speed, Spikes AND Toxic Spikes.

And it's got decent physical defense... and a better defensive typing than Froslass [LOL ICE].

Unfortunetly, it misses out on Taunt, which might hinder it somewhat, but then there's still the threat of it SD'ing on turn 1, and being an offensive Pendoraa.

There's actually quite a few Pendoraa sets which could be viable.

A Banded Revenge Killer? [Base 112 Speed says Hi]
A Swords Dance Passer?
A Swords Dance Sweeper?
A Spikes/T-Spikes set-up?

I can easily see Pendoraa being a major threat in UU, it's kinda like a cross between Heracross' power and Drapion's support potential. And their typings.

And it's got decent physical defense... and a better defensive typing than Froslass [LOL ICE].
Except Froslass is also Ghost type (which is a very good advantage). Froslass can bank on her Immunities to be annoying this guy need to eat hits (and frankly his defenses are not that good).

True, but it also gives weaknesses to Dark and Ghost, which aren't that welcome. It's a mixed blessing, the ghost type, but the Ice type is 100% useless defensivly, while Bug at least has some resists, other than itself.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Good 'mon. It has UU written all over it, but its potential for quickly setting up Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes might just transform it into a niche OU in a similar fashion to what we saw with Tentacruel. Piss-poor bulk and lack of Taunt makes it kinda unlikely though.

As a Swords Dancer, he's very similar to Drapion but he trades in the higher durability and Psychic immunity/Ghost + Dark resistances for a much higher speed stat, an excellent STAB attack in Megahorn, a 4x Fight resist and an EQ neutrality. He's a little harder to set up but all in all, he probably outclasses Drapion as a Swords Dancer. Good stuff.

I'll tell you what, this pokemon as a lead could really screw with Erufuun. It wouldn't know whether to priority Taunt to stop Spikes or T Spikes (and will thus get OHKO'd by X Scissor or Megahorn) or set up a substitute and let you get a layer up. Erufuun is going to be incredibly popular as an anti-lead, I think, seeing as it can stop /any/ Stealth Rock or Taunt users and set up on them. Thus, Pendora gets a nice little niche in being able to check Erufuun. The only problem is Encore, but you'll be able to scout Erufuun's decision before he can do anything, and then possibly get a free switch.

Spiker Lead? (Pretty similar to Squid Ninja's, just made a few tweaks)

Pendora @ Focus Sash
Swarm, Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

~ Spikes / Toxic Spikes
~ Megahorn / X Scissor
~ Rock Slide
~ Protect / Swords Dance

As stated, Pendora's niche is being able to deal with Erufuun, with Megahorn if it predicts a Taunt, and Spikes if it predicts a Substitute. Rock Slide is there for coverage against other leads, like Aerodactyl, Crobat and Froslass. Protect can preserve his sash against Fake Out users, and can Scout for an Encore from Erufuun. Swords Dance is there if you fancy being tricky, since +2 STAB Megahorn is going to hurt off of 90 Base Attack.

I really like Pendora, it's design is cool and it has some nice niches, you can exploit. At least you can't say it completely sucks. I can see three different sets that seem to have potential.

1) Spikes / Toxic Spikes
112 base speed and both Spikes and Toxic Spikes via egg moves and enough bulk and speed to set up at least two layers of entry hazards? Sounds really nice when you ask me. Unluckily his support move pool completely sucks. As said in the OP it doesn't learn Taunt and Rapid Spin. The only really other good move on a defensive set would be Toxic. It doesn't have reliable recovery and Sleep Talk isn't a TM even longer, but it wouldn't work because it's bulk isn't amazing, just good enough to set up two or three layers.

2) Swords Dance
Again, 112 base speed and meh 90 base attack are enough to a run a SD set, especially in the lower tiers. It gets decent coverage with good STAB Megahorn, EQ and Rock Slide / Poison Jab for the third slot. Pendora also has Swarm as an ability, so SubSalac may be a good set to use. But tbh SubSalac never worked for me.

3) Baton Pass
112 base speed, Swords Dance, Agility and Baton Pass? A fast Baton Passer is always useful. It lacks Taunt, but still quite decent.

Now, it's time to post some sets:
___
Offensive Spikes
Pendora @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
~ Spikes
~ Toxic Spikes / Rock Slide / Poison Jab / Toxic
~ Megahorn
~ Earthquake

That's a decent Spiker for an offensive team. It keeps offensive momentum, removes TSpikes and still lays down entry hazards, especially many Pokémon that are offensive oriented loves Spikes and you don't want to run a completely defensive Pokémon on a sharply offensive team, do you?

240 Spe-EVs assure you that Pendora is able to outspeed all base 110 speed Pokémon without a boost / without a Scarf. The only Pokémon you can outrun with 252 Spe-EVs are the Fly and the Ele / Fly genies who will probably not used in the same tier as Pendora. Also you fail to speed tie with other Pendora and most notable (not) Purugly.
__

Chesto Rest + hazards
Pendora @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish / Careful / Jolly
Ability: Quick Feet / Poison Point
EVs: Mixture between enoug bulk and enough speed.
~ Spikes
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Rest
~ Megahorn / Toxic

This set is a gimmick, but it combines Pendora's ability to lay down entry hazards and a one shot recovery, before it dies. This allow you to get a suicidal millipede that can actually stay for a while before it dies and that means you will get some Spikes up before it dies. Nothing special though.
__
Swords Dance
Pendora @ Life Orb
Ability: Quick Feet / Swarm
EVs: 252Atk / 4Def / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Megahorn
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide / Poison Jab

Megahorn coming from even meh 90 base attack hurts a lot, especially when you look at Pendora's high 112 base speed. After a SD it will deal good damage and it looks like a good end game sweepr.
(PS: +2 Megahorn vs standard Milotic: 84.2% - 99.5%)
__

SubSalac
Pendora @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 12HP / 4Def / 252Atk / 240 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Megahorn
~ Earthquake
~ Swords Dance / Rock Slide / Poison Jab / Baton Pass

Self-explanatory. Isn't it?
__

Baton Pass
Pendora @ Leftovers / Salac Berry / Other Berry
Ability: Swarm / Quick Feet
EVs: 252HP/ 16Def /240Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Agility
~ Baton Pass
~ Substitute / Megahorn

Self-explanatory. Isn't it? OK, I'm too lazy to describe the set. It's simple, it doesn't need further description.

Opinion:
I'm kinda excited. A decent, reliable Spikes for the lower tiers? Hell yeah! 112 base speed and still being able to run offensive sets and being able to pass fast boosts. It's stat spread makes it able to be used on offensive teams and it absorbs TSpikes, which are always annoying.

Still, there are quite some downsides. Pendora has a SR weakness, it is not exactly bulky, it has at best enough bulk to lay down 2-3 layers of entry hazards before dying and it will die fast. It's move pool is really lacking and it would really desire certain moves to be more effective. Most notably Taunt, a reliable recovery move and maybe a phazing move.

Despite this downsides Pendora is really an useful Pokémon, but I certainly doubt it's going to be OU (Skarmory, certain Pokémon can easily set up on Pendora, etc.), but I think it will be a really useful Pokémon in UU or in a lower tier (NU wants to have a not completely horrible Spiker). When you would introduce Pendora into GenIV's metagame without the other Pokémon, I'd guess that Pendora would be a top UU or even stuck in BL.

-0²

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)