Pendora @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
Ability: Quick Feet / Swarm
EVs 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Facade
- Megahorn / X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Pendora is no exception when it comes to using a Choice Band set. Jolly for maxing out that delicious speed, even though Adamant could be used for more power because it's attack is only 90. Earthquake and Rock Slide make the famous EdgeQuake combo, and Megahorn for STAB. And with Quick Feet Pendora can come in on almost every status, (excluding Sleep and Poison) with an free speed boost and not become completely neutered if it gets burn because Facade doubles it's power etc. It's no Guts Swellow, but for a Bug type i think its pretty darn good.

Also, if someone could please direct me to a stat calculator that can take base stats and turn them into ev'd stat numbers (like 90 attack with 252 evs = ?) and calculate the increase of Swords Dance and Agility?

Roserade became OU because of all of its merits; great Special Attack, good support movepool and ability to spread status. If Pendora had a little more raw power, I'm sure it would make the cut.

This is probably uber in in-game tiers thanks to its speed, swords dance and great coverage, not to mention its ability to evolve early (compared to the rest of this gen).

Poison is not a good companion to bug offensively, so that slot could easily get rock slide. I like the accuracy+ item on this too, because megamiss is obnoxious and it would help rock slide out.

Froslass was immune to fake out and learned destiny bond, meaning it was guaranteed to get a layer of spikes down, and almost always got multiple layers and/or took something with it on its way out. Pendora doesn't even compare.

This is probably uber in in-game tiers thanks to its speed, swords dance and great coverage, not to mention its ability to evolve early (compared to the rest of this gen).

Poison is not a good companion to bug offensively, so that slot could easily get rock slide. I like the accuracy+ item on this too, because megamiss is obnoxious and it would help rock slide out.

Froslass was immune to fake out and learned destiny bond, meaning it was guaranteed to get a layer of spikes down, and almost always got multiple layers and/or took something with it on its way out. Pendora doesn't even compare.
Having used one in-game, I wouldn't call it Uber Tier because it is very fragile. However, he does rape half the game with Megahorn once you get it.

This guy should be able to get some mileage out of being the fastest Toxic Spiker (it absorbs 'em too) and the 2nd fastest Spiker.
It also learns Baton Pass as an option to switching out as well as Substitute, Swords Dance and Agility.
I predict Pendoraa will see consistent use at some level of play.

This guy should be able to get some mileage out of being the fastest Toxic Spiker (it absorbs 'em too) and the 2nd fastest Spiker.
It also learns Baton Pass as an option to switching out as well as Substitute, Swords Dance and Agility.
I predict Pendoraa will see consistent use at some level of play.
That's basically what most Poison, and even some Bug, Pokemon lack, is speed, so Pendoraa is definitely a nice addition to these two types.

This 'mon is really really fun in-game. I am gonna try to use the SD set when we finally get Gen5 online all nice and settled. He'll be darling on my Bug team :D

Pendra is really AWESOME.

It can destroy a lot of things, excelent Speed, and decent Attack. Also, Earthquake, Rock Slide and Megahorn, it is capable of be a competitor to Heracross (no so great attack, but Pendra ouspeed it).

Well, this is my set:

Pendra Rolls Hard:
Ability: Swarm.
Nature: Adamant.
Item: Expert Belt / Life Orb.

- Hard Roller.
- Rock Slide.
- Earthquake.
- Swords Dance.

Pendra is the only fully evolved PKMN that recieve STAB form Hard Roller (Bug Variation of Stomp), and with the nice 30% chances of flinch, the same that Rock Slide, you can expect Hax.
Swarm + STAB = Megahorn (without STAB, like the Nidoking one) with better accuracy, more PP, and with a flinch rate.

Swords Dance increases the decent Attack of Pendra, and Earthquake speaks by itself.

Anyway, Pursuit is an nice option for Pendra.

breh

強いだね
Why would you want to use hard roller? for god's sake it's the bug type version of stomp; have you ever heard anybody say "NO DON'T USE RETURN USE STOMP" on a normal type?

Why would you want to use hard roller? for god's sake it's the bug type version of stomp; have you ever heard anybody say "NO DON'T USE RETURN USE STOMP" on a normal type?
To back this up, Pendra learns a stronger STAB alternative in Megahorn, which is a Heart Scale move.

In fact, is a question like the one used to Body Slam and Return: "Power or Side Effect?"

Stantler can use both Return and Stomp without problems.

Stomp is weaker, but with EQ and great Speed the problem its resolved.

Fast PKMN love the fact that can flinch (Sceptile love RS, Jirachi IH) and with STAB the problem is isn't too big.

Stantler can use both Return and Stomp without problems.
I'd call "being one of the worst pokemon" a problem.

Anyhow, in order to make up for the damage capability for Megahorn, which deals twice as much damage with just 15% loss of accuracy, Hard Roller would have to flinch more than 40%. Not to mention that's assuming you're always faster than the opponent.

Pendora is a great attacking lead. With a decent attack stat, good speed, and great movepool he is one of the greatest leads I've ever use.

I use this set
Pendoraa@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature - 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 DEF
Ability: Poison Point/Quick Feet
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Stab Megahorn and a 112 base speed is the biggest reason to ever use this mon. Some times I don't even set up and just plow through the enemys team. I don't know why people keep saying this guy is UU I defintetly see this guy being able to hold its own in OU

I think I would use hard roller over megahorn personally as well. Base 90 attack is good but he definitely won't net any OHKOs, even with that base power increase. Even with swords dance.

I dont know. Base 112 speed, and 30% chance to flinch an enemy off a stab move? I like it. I'd run it.

Jolly with X-Scissor / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Swords Dance works amazing in-game for the battle subway, too. Megahorn is cool and all, but I hate it's accuracy.

breh

強いだね
I think I would use hard roller over megahorn personally as well. Base 90 attack is good but he definitely won't net any OHKOs, even with that base power increase. Even with swords dance.

I dont know. Base 112 speed, and 30% chance to flinch an enemy off a stab move? I like it. I'd run it.
but you shouldn't be trying to flich things. You should be setting up entry hazards. BTW it takes two hard rollers to equal Megahorn's damage, meaning you have a 30% chace not counting accuracy to do so in one turn. That's a HUGE drop. If you really are concerned about accuracy use Xscissor :/

Pendora is a great attacking lead. With a decent attack stat, good speed, and great movepool he is one of the greatest leads I've ever use.

I use this set
Pendoraa@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature - 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 DEF
Ability: Poison Point/Quick Feet
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Stab Megahorn and a 112 base speed is the biggest reason to ever use this mon. Some times I don't even set up and just plow through the enemys team. I don't know why people keep saying this guy is UU I defintetly see this guy being able to hold its own in OU
I like your set bud, definetly would bring down some of those bulky psychic Pokemom

I've tried it, and I think a dual spikes Pendoraa lead deserves mention.
Pendoraa @ Focus Sash
Quick Feet (If DW) / Swarm
Jolly 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- X-scissor / Hard Roller
- Earthquake

Thanks to team reveal, you can determine whether Spikes or T-spikes are more effective against the opponent, and choose accordingly. You can also set up twice as many hazards against a sitting duck foe. Hard Roller breaks balloons and sashes and can let you EQ Heatran for free, but X-scissor is standard. Paralysis immunity is nice against Effurun and Nattorei, but Swarm + Focus Sash is a useful combo too.

As to the debate, Hard Roller has its niche use, but for any non-sashed set I think it is inferior. If Pendora wants to live another turn, he ought to just KO the foe outright first. He is so frail that there may not be any second chances.

Sometimes people just don't want to use inaccurate moves. It's not hard to understand.
then why not use x-scissor?

sd pendora is pretty awesome. being a bug and boasting 112 speed and quakeslide is amazing, and 90 atk is definitely usable considering you're running sd and have stab megahorn to work with. only problem is it's easily revenged by the likes of starmie and it's frail as fuck. i'll enjoy using this guy in uu/nu for sure.

anyone thinked about using scolipede this way?

Scolipede@Flame-Orb
Quick feet

swords dance / baton pass / (t-)spikes / toxic / protect

Passing an instant-speed +1 isnt bad i think, at least in the lower tiers. The only problem is having an mere useless burning bug if there are no more fitting recipents.
Having no Fling sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)