Sheer Force

Encourage Tauros sounds interesting in NU. Encouraged Rock Climb will be deadly with 135 BP, although the accuracy is a bit shaky. Rock Slide/Stone Edge and Zen Headbutt get a big boost too.

What if the 50% boost for the atk only occurs at the same percentage as the secondary side effect?

Like Fire Punch only has a 10% chance to be 50% stronger rather than 10% chance to burn?

What if the 50% boost for the atk only occurs at the same percentage as the secondary side effect?

Like Fire Punch only has a 10% chance to be 50% stronger rather than 10% chance to burn?
No, any attack with a chance to cause a secondary effect is always boosted.

I don't think stone edge or brick break or that kinda stuff will get a boost.

Only stuff we consider hax. Stuff that serene grace boosts

Wanna be serious... AGAIN? choice scarf and +1 dd gyarados outspeed infernape and kill with waterfall. Since Aqua jet is an egg move, Feraligatr does not get it, which would leave it wide open to a crushing by infernape. Unless it ran the dd set, and got the +1 in. then both of them take care of infernape, so why do you argue?
Its still unconfirmed whether DreamWorld abilities are breedable...>_>

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Its still unconfirmed whether DreamWorld abilities are breedable...>_>
Daruma Mode is a Dream World ability and the only one everyone can have in-game (after E4). If you breed a female Hihidaruma with [whatever], the baby Darumakka is born with Hustle, its usual ability. However, if you put a male Hihidaruma and a female one, both with Daruma Mode, the baby Darumakka is born with Inner Focus.

There's still testing to do (such as, would it work if the male parent was from another species yet had its Dream World ability?) but, as of now, we know breeding is possible.

This is seriusly epic stuff :O.
Yah like everyones been saying this just might be the boost Nidoking needed with his rather "Poor" offensive stats at best =L.He now seems to be a potent Wallbreaker in UU.

Here are the main Encourage ability pokemon and the moves that they can use to utilize their abilities. Note that I didn't include moves like Stone Edge because they ALWAYS have a high crit ratio. Secondary effects MAY do something, they don't include IF.

The standalone Dragon pokemon, Kurimugan, has A LOT more moves that support Encourage than the other pokemon that actually get the ability without dream world.

Hihidaruma Encourage Moves:
- Fire Fang (may cause burn)
- Headbutt (may cause flinch)
- Fire Punch (may cause burn)
- Flare Blitz (may cause burn)
- Psychic (may lower SP. DEF)
- Flamethrower (may cause burn)
- Fire Blast (may cause burn)
- Thief (might steal foe's item)
- Focus Blast (may lower SP. DEF)
- Rock Slide (may cause flinch)
- Rock Smash (may lower DEF)

Roopushin Encourage Moves:
- Poison Jab (may cause poison)
- Force Palm (may cause paralysis)

Kurimugan Encourage Moves:
- Bite (may cause flinch)
- Crunch (may lower SP. DEF)
- Rock Climb (may cause confusion)
- Flamethrower (may cause burn)
- Sludge Bomb (may cause poison)
- Charge Beam (may increase SP. ATT)
- Flash Cannon (may lower SP. DEF)
- Fire Fang (may cause burn)
- Thunder Fang (may cause paralysis)
- Crush Claw (may lower DEF)
- Iron Tail (may lower DEF)
- Poison Tail (may cause poison)
- Metal Claw (may increase ATT)

Wargle Encourage Moves:
- Air Slash (may cause flinch)
- Crush Claw (may lower DEF)
- Rock Tomb (may lower SPE)

I remember someone earlier saying this doesn't apply to DynamicPunch, as it always confuses. But I'm pretty sure that it's programmed into the game as a 100% chance, so wouldn't that still count for it?

In short- Are DynamicPunch, Zap Cannon, and Purgatory boosted by this move?

- Thief (might steal foe's item)
I don't think that counts- Thief always steals the opponent's item.

Wanna be serious... AGAIN? choice scarf and +1 dd gyarados outspeed infernape and kill with waterfall. Since Aqua jet is an egg move, Feraligatr does not get it, which would leave it wide open to a crushing by infernape. Unless it ran the dd set, and got the +1 in. then both of them take care of infernape, so why do you argue?
I think overconfidence is just a little overpowered. It seems some new abilities are completely ridiculous, like the one the Skarm gets that LOWERS ITS DEFENSE, and some are way too good, like overconfidence. Now DD Gyara can completely sweep teams even easier, and Mence is like 3x as uber

I think it's ridiculous that having a 'high critical hit ratio' doesn't count as a secondary effect. It's definitely a secondary effect and it's definitely only has a chance of activating... what was the point of Kingler even getting this if his best move remains unchanged. >_<

Not really. I mean, practically all attacks have a chance of getting a critical hit--moves like Stone Edge just have that percentage modified to be a bit higher. So it's not exactly a secondary effect, but a modified mechanic of the move, so it really makes sense to me why it doesn't activate stuff like Encourage at all.

Moves with higher Critical hit ratios do NOT COUNT. Sure its a "secondary effect" but all moves technically have a chance to crit, just as Naxte just said. It does not have a chance to flinch/burn/freeze/paralyze/poison OR lower the enemies stats.

Its amazing, the first post has this list of moves that are compatible with Encourage, and even has the description of why such moves work. And yet, you see 6 people ask about stone edge, or aquajet.

Yeah, I believe the best way to summarize secondary effects would be as "additional effects to damage that a move has a percentage chance of inflicting upon the opponent"--that explains why stuff like recoil and charge-turns don't count, because they have nothing to do with the opponent, in addition to boosted critical-hit ratios, for the reason I mentioned previously. In addition, it would also still explain why moves like Icy Wind, which have a 100% chance of their effects occurring, should also theoretically be boosted by Encourage.

This is a pretty interesting ability. Too bad it's slightly more biased to special moves, whereas the abusers are mainly physical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)