Sheer Force

Also worth a mention if Ninetales is released: the Nidos have 236 power Fire Blast in Sunny Day, which is almost as strong just from neutral damage as their 247 power super-effective Ice Beams and Thunderbolts.
First, I got 234 (120 * 1.3 * 1.5). Second, what are you using for your item? Life Orb was confirmed to lack recoil on Encourage boosted moves, so with Life Orb this could be 304.5 BP (dunno how it rounds).

Life Orb boost is to SpA an Atk, STAB boosts the final result, and both round down.

Edit(a lot later):Encourage also negates Shell Bell healing, and the opponent's Red Card and Escape Button like it negates Life Orb recoil.

Life Orb boost is to SpA an Atk, STAB boosts the final result, and both round down.

Edit(a lot later):Encourage also negates Shell Bell healing, and the opponent's Red Card and Escape Button like it negates Life Orb recoil.
Have you tested against enemy balloons, enemy rugged helms, or any other "when my opponent hits me" items?

This is admittedly massively niche, but how do encourage and shield dust interact?
Namely, shield dust prevents moves from having a secondary effect.
Encourage removes a secondary effect and boosts the power.
Does shield dust act first, resulting in no boost, or does encourage, allowing the boost (and no LO damage)?

The effect chance is still there, so both abilities activate. Basically, the move is boosted.
@Kemonomimi I didn't actually test this, I just transferred it from the research thread.

How will encourage affect Sucker Punch? (if it affects it at all)
Would the user go first and reciever the boost, or go last and recieve the boost?
Also what about Outrage? Crimigan with Superpower Outrage Fire and thunder fang and possiably Draco Meteor and life orb could dent alot of things

I really wish there were better abusers for this ability. Besides Nidoking, who has pretty poor speed, most of these pokes have preferable abilities to this

Is Superpower and/or Outrage confirmed to work with this ability? i tried them both on PO and my stats lowered and i took LO damage.

Is Superpower and/or Outrage confirmed to work with this ability? i tried them both on PO and my stats lowered and i took LO damage.
Only abilities with a chance for something to happen, as far as I know.

Unsure how it works with icy wind, though.

It doesn't. The interaction between stone edge and encourage has been discussed on multiple threads and has been tested a long time ago. High-crit moves are not boosted by encourage, which only effects moves with a percentage change of a secondary effects. Crits are not counted as a secondary effect because all moves can crit. Crits are an intrinsic part of any move, not a secondary effect.

It doesn't. The interaction between stone edge and encourage has been discussed on multiple threads and has been tested a long time ago. High-crit moves are not boosted by encourage, which only effects moves with a percentage change of a secondary effects. Crits are not counted as a secondary effect because all moves can crit. Crits are an intrinsic part of any move, not a secondary effect.
I have heard that some moves without a percent chance will still egt the boost.

DynamicPunch IS boosted by Encourage. >_>

I had an Encourage Dokketosu and I was training it for Elite 4 when I used DynamicPunch on a wild Gantoru. Sturdy activated, but Gantoru wasn't confused. urgh.

Technically, the chance is 100%. So the dynamic punch still has a chance of causing a secondary effect. It's just the percentage is 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)