Throh

Nagkei is now my new anti depressent. Whenever I'm sad, I'm just spam Mountain Storm.

CRITICAL HIT!
CRITICAL HIT!
CRITICAL HIT!

nageki set idea

heres my set idea
nageki
item wide lens
nature adamant
moves
mountain storm
bulk up
superpower
stone edge

stone edge for the flying types mountain strom and superpower for attack with the help of bulk up should destroy teams

heres my set idea
nageki
item wide lens
nature adamant
moves
mountain storm
bulk up
superpower
stone edge

stone edge for the flying types mountain strom and superpower for attack with the help of bulk up should destroy teams
What are you basing this on?

What are you basing this on?
its actually quite simple bulk up would increase def and atk so superpower shoud be ohko and if it dosent work your atk and def should be wat it is normally so u can attack again with superpower and mountain storm seems to be nageki's signiture move and can anyone get me the battle animationsprite for mountain storm i mean the names pretty kool so i hope nintendo made a kool animation and just not another hitting the opponent with a giant hand but even if its that can any of u get me d battle animation sorry 4 getting off topic 4 a sec

its actually quite simple bulk up would increase def and atk so superpower shoud be ohko and if it dosent work your atk and def should be wat it is normally so u can attack again with superpower and mountain storm seems to be nageki's signiture move and can anyone get me the battle animationsprite for mountain storm i mean the names pretty kool so i hope nintendo made a kool animation and just not another hitting the opponent with a giant hand but even if its that can any of u get me d battle animation sorry 4 getting off topic 4 a sec
No, just... God no...

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Yeah, for all the times Regice switched into a Machamp and I was OHKO because of my lack of resistances.
Yeah, because having resistances doesnt matter for a defensivly meant pokemon -.-

Hariyama is build very similar stat wise and i dont see what this guy got over him, except for that overhyped Mold Breaker(it really isnt as useful as it seems to be on paper).

Nageki is pretty cool, I think he'll do better when we get move tutors in the 3rd version(if it happens).

Otherwise, using him and his bulk with overhead throw+mountain storm is hilarious.

I'm pretty high on this guy, he's pretty solid. He's got a touch of bulk to absorb stuff with the ability to hit hard and enough in the movepool to do both. Bulk Up + Mountain Storm looks fun and a Choice + Guts + Facade set would do a little damage.

@rikuxking:
Oh PLEASE, having to use Bulk Up everytime before you attack is akin to saying "Hi, I'm about to use a fighting move, can you send your ghost over for a sec? Preferably one that would hit me really hard on my weak unboosted special defence? Thanks a lot!".

Why Wide Lens? :/ Stone Edge isn't THAT bad.

Oh, and Mountain Storm is redundant with Superpower and vice versa. Why in the world do you need to run two moves of the same type???

I'd run:
Nageki @Leftovers
Adamant|252Atk/252HP/4Def
Bulk Up
Brick Break
Substitute
Stone Edge

Plays like a SubMachamp and Bulk Up Hariyama built into one:sub up at the first opportunity, Bulk Up on the next, attack anytime in between. Too bad Focus Punch isn't a TM anymore. :(

@rikuxking:
Oh PLEASE, having to use Bulk Up everytime before you attack is akin to saying "Hi, I'm about to use a fighting move, can you send your ghost over for a sec? Preferably one that would hit me really hard on my weak unboosted special defence? Thanks a lot!".

Why Wide Lens? :/ Stone Edge isn't THAT bad.

Oh, and Mountain Storm is redundant with Superpower and vice versa. Why in the world do you need to run two moves of the same type???

I'd run:
Nageki @Leftovers
Bulk Up
Brick Break
Substitute
Stone Edge

Plays like a SubMachamp and Bulk Up Hariyama built into one:sub up at the first opportunity, Bulk Up on the next, attack anytime in between. Too bad Focus Punch isn't a TM anymore. :(
The thing about mountain storm is that is a guaranteed crit. I wouldn't use Superpower on Nageki anyway, because it is detrimental to his bulk. My current plan is to use him as a bulky pain in the ass with Overhead Throw+Mountain storm. A STAB, SE guaranteed crit(while being only 40 BP before anything) is still going to hurt things. Even if it isn't SE, it will still hurt things because I BELIEVE crits ignore boosts(not too sure on this one).

If anything, it'd be something like:

Nageki@Leftovers
Careful, Guts/inner Focus/Mold Breaker
252 HP, 130 atk, 126 SpDef

Mountain Storm/Ankle Sweep/brick break
Overhead Throw
Payback
Earthquake/Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Level Field/Bulk Up

I would use one with Inner Focus because I don't like the amount of pokemon that i run into that have access to fakeout, however guts and mold breaker both have their uses. Use Overhead throw to get rid of things that try to set up on him, Mountain Storm/Ankle Sweep to smack them if needed, with the benefit of lowered speed from ankle sweep. Brick Break could also be used.

Payback for ghost types/shanderaa that try to be smarmy bastards. Otherwise, the 4th slot could be anything. I'd probably use EQ or Rock Slide, because I dislike the STone Edge accuracy. Level Field is basically ground type Ankle Sweep, but it could be useful if you want to hit something SE, and bulk up is just to, well, bulk up.

I think someone COULD use him as a bulky sweeper, but it would be ill advised.

I'd run:
Nageki @Leftovers
Bulk Up
Brick Break
Substitute
Stone Edge
Uh why run Brick Break when Mountain Storm hits for the equivalent of 80 base power with the ability to bypass defence boosts (e.g. Curselax)?

Thanks to Guts and balanced defences, Nageki can switch into bulky waters much more safely. The Bulk Up set should work nicely since it has a decent base 85 SpD and a reliable STAB move which set it apart from Machamp and Roopushin.

Its a shame this guy doesn't get Wake Up Slap because that partnered with Rest might be kind of sexy. Anyone think WUS couldn't function as a ghetto Sleep Talk?

Nageki Seems essentially like a UU Roobushin (unless all the tiers get moved down one thanks to lack of an initial banlist then it would be NU) and it should do well there. If Roobushin is UU or this is OU the Pokemon World is REALLY going to be found with a shiftry hand (mariuana) in there use.

Yeah, because having resistances doesnt matter for a defensivly meant pokemon -.-

Hariyama is build very similar stat wise and i dont see what this guy got over him, except for that overhyped Mold Breaker(it really isnt as useful as it seems to be on paper).
Despite Nageki's nice all-around bulk and decent attack, I think I'll still be using Hariyama in UU and sometimes in OU. While Mountain Storm is nice, and Overhead Throw is a decent phasing option, I find Mr. Sumo's helpful resistances in Thick Fat, superior phasing in Whirlwind, insanely high HP (though his actual defenses are "meh") and better attack to be better suited to my liking. Hariyama can come in on Fire Blasts and Crunches and force Heatran and Ttar out (respectively). You're obviously not going to switch in on Shanderaa unless you have payback of course, but neither will Nageki.

@ CoI: Wake-Up Slap doubles damage to enemies who are asleep, not if you are asleep yourself. It's like Smellingsalt.

guys i red a set 4 him in another nageki page and made a modified one
nageki
item leftovers
nature careful
evs 208 hp 48 atk 252 SpD
moves
overhead throw
mountain storm
payback
stone edge

It lacks anything resembling decent STAB. Yes, ok, there's Mountain Storm (OMG CRIT!) but when you realize that most users of Cosmic Power and Bulk Up are fucked over just as much by Overhead Throw, which Phazes them, you'll see that it's vastly overhyped. Compared to Roobushin, Machamp and Hariyama:

Roobushin gets that ridiculous Iron Fist Drain Punch, at base 90 Power, coming from that godly Attack stat. Machamp gets Dynamic Punch, base 100 Power with guaranteed Confusion. Hariyama gets...well, ok, nothing good either, but that was one of the reasons it was UU while Machamp was OU in Gen IV.

Instead, I think this set could work:

Nageki @ Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 96 HP / 64 Atk / 216 Def / 132 SpD (ripped straight from OP)
Mold Breaker

Revenge
Payback
Overhead Throw/Taunt
Stone Edge/Body Slam

Admittedly, it's identical except for one move, but:

As long as the opponent attacks first, Nageki has access to a 120 Power Fighting move in Revenge (Close Combat without the drawbacks) , or a 100 Power Dark move in Payback. If the opponent tries to stat-up while you poke him with weak Revenges, you can simply Overhead Throw him out. Stone Edge gives excellent coverage along with Dark/Fighting, hitting Flying types for SE. You could use Taunt/Body Slam to still prevent stat-up while spreading Paralysis around, which makes it more of a team player, but less effective by itself, since it doesn't have anything to hit Zapdos with now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)