Throh

AFAIK, this thread was made for the discussion of Nageki and not lmitchell0012.

Returning to which, I think Nageki should only be used for the ability to use Overhead Throw. Mountain storm really isn't viable as all he can do is beat other BU users one on one, but no relaible recovery hurts a whole lot.

Otherwise, even as a defensive BU fighting type he's outclassed by Zuruzukin :(

Mountain Storm is not outclassed, stronger than BB, less prediction-based than Focus Punch and always able to break stat-uppers. Overhead Throw is good, but Storm is really very useful.

It's a great phaser alternative. You can't status it. You can't ohko it.

It doesn't completely outclass hariyama though. Hariyama can fake out with a flame orb. This guy is much more reliable though as its more bulky than hariyama.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
It doesn't completely outclass hariyama though. Hariyama can fake out with a flame orb. This guy is much more reliable though as its more bulky than hariyama.
If something is outclassed its Nageki. Hariyama gets a better defensive ability in Thick Fat, higher Attack, can rest talk, gets reliable phazing, Close Combat and Force Palm.
Sure Mountain Storm sounds cool but its gimmicky at best, Over Head Throw would be useful to scout, but thats not necessary with the advent of Team Pre-View and it isn`t really that useful to PHaze since its blocked by sub. If he would get RestTalk a Overheadthrow/Payback/Rest/SleepTalk set would be cool, but thats not possible.

It's a great phaser alternative. You can't status it. You can't ohko it.

I never understood the purpose of strategies like these giving a BULKY pokemon a Flame Orb to activate Guts by self-inflecting burn, giving up LEFTOVERS and SEVERELY reducing their lifespan and making them much easier to kill. Not only that but they don't have any other recovery then usually. Especially to get a WEAK UNSTABBED Fake Out when Hitmontop does it so much better. As a Priority Puncher, Hitmontop surpasses Roopushin, Infernape, Harriyama, and this guy (unless Roopushin has Guts/Bulk Up which barely outdamages +0 Technician Life Orb Mach Punch). Breloom is the only initially harder hitting Mach Puncher .

Actually, if you were going to do Fake Out, you should give Jewl Hitmonlee a try (with either Normal or Fighting Jewl) to use Unburden and outspeed almost everything (so, so close to outspeeding max speed Jolly Doryuzu but just falls short).

This almost has Harriyama hp and it could reach higher defenses although Harriyama does have things like Force Palm, Whirlwind (hit through Subs), Close Combat, Thick Fat, Elemental Punches, RestTalk, higher attack which do seem to outclass unfortunately (as I happen to like this guy as well)...

I never understood the purpose of strategies like these giving a BULKY pokemon a Flame Orb to activate Guts by self-inflecting burn, giving up LEFTOVERS and SEVERELY reducing their lifespan and making them much easier to kill. Not only that but they don't have any other recovery then usually. Especially to get a WEAK UNSTABBED Fake Out when Hitmontop does it so much better. As a Priority Puncher, Hitmontop surpasses Roopushin, Infernape, Harriyama, and this guy (unless Roopushin has Guts/Bulk Up which barely outdamages +0 Technician Life Orb Mach Punch). Breloom is the only initially harder hitting Mach Puncher .

Actually, if you were going to do Fake Out, you should give Jewl Hitmonlee a try (with either Normal or Fighting Jewl) to use Unburden and outspeed almost everything (so, so close to outspeeding max speed Jolly Doryuzu but just falls short).

This almost has Harriyama hp and it could reach higher defenses although Harriyama does have things like Force Palm, Whirlwind (hit through Subs), Close Combat, Thick Fat, Elemental Punches, RestTalk, higher attack which do seem to outclass unfortunately (as I happen to like this guy as well)...
oh right! thick fat!

I love this guy though. Overhead throwing is just too awesome.

^Coming from the worlds greatest troll that doesnt mean much.

What sets do you guys find effective on him? i tried running Mountain Storm/Overhead Throw/Stone Edge/Toxic because I really couldn't think of anything else and that seemed to be okay but really couldnt outdamage its opponents. What is more effective?

He's not the world's greatest troll, but he's close.

If only you could have met that troll in the Monster Hunter Tri forums...if only...

Anyway, Toxic seems kinda useless. I know it's supposed to phaze and poison everything, but T-spikes kinda makes that attempt useless.
Why not replace Mountain Storm with Drain Punch(Does he get it?) and Toxic with...I'm not sure...maybe Substitute to avoid Poison/Burns?

He's not the world's greatest troll, but he's close.

If only you could have met that troll in the Monster Hunter Tri forums...if only...

Anyway, Toxic seems kinda useless. I know it's supposed to phaze and poison everything, but T-spikes kinda makes that attempt useless.
Why not replace Mountain Storm with Drain Punch(Does he get it?) and Toxic with...I'm not sure...maybe Substitute to avoid Poison/Burns?
He doesn´t, unfortunately(due to no Egg moves). Otherwise he would be bulkier than Conkeldurr and not inferior. Too bad.
Poison and Burn aren´t that much of a deal imo. He has Guts and might need that moveslot for something else than Sub.

EDIT: Or so I thought. Between Payback, Overhead Throw and maybe EQ, he doesn´t have much useful. Might as well use Sub. Or something to deal with Flying types which don´t care about Spikes.

well someone mentioned hitmontop and this gen hitmontop is the msot used anti metagame poke so i doubt its staying in uu possibly ou but most likely another bl

At first glance Throh looks inferior to Conkeldurr. In many ways it is, however since usage stats for UU have become available Throh looks like the key fighting-type in UU. 120HP + 85 SPD enable it to survive nearly any super effective hit. With all the psychic types (currently) in UU, Throh couldn't be more grateful to Gamefreak. This is the set I am using:

The Bulky Bastard
Leftovers, Brave Nature (+Atk -Speed)
EV's: 200HP, 52Atk, 4Def, 252SpD
Ability: Guts
- Revenge
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up

Obviously, the bulk is needed for Throh to be able to live through repeat punishment.
The lower you can get Throh's speed the better (85 [-speed nature, 0IVs]). I've seen alot of sets with Storm throw/Overhead throw, seriously it's not worth it. Phazing is best left to the likes of Harriyama. Storm throw might seem appealing at first, but with Claydol being the most common Stockpiler in UU (in my experience) Payback is the better attacking option. I've been using this thing, seriously don't underestimate this little martial artist. Oh, and don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

I'm looking at this particualr pokemon with a lot of interest. With a max speed and a choice scarf, it hits 310 speed, which is enough to make a decent revenge killer. Running Storm Throw/Earthquake/Stone Edge with mold breaker, you should be picking pokemon off. Taunt could be used as a final move, as it would stop pokemon from setting up, or used as an anti-lead.

I'm looking at this particualr pokemon with a lot of interest. With a max speed and a choice scarf, it hits 310 speed, which is enough to make a decent revenge killer. Running Storm Throw/Earthquake/Stone Edge with mold breaker, you should be picking pokemon off. Taunt could be used as a final move, as it would stop pokemon from setting up, or used as an anti-lead.
That strikes me as massively too slow, that's not beating a whole lot of things you want to revenge kill. It easily has the bulk to take a hit, so I think focussing more on that would be better

Also this thing is a beast ingame

I'm sorry but that's just wishful thinking at best. Nageki was never made to be a speedster and limiting his defence, his best attribute, in order to focus on revenge killing is a no-no. And taunt on a scarfer with no trick is pure fail.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't even think about trying Scarf on Throh of all things. Max speed with Scarf at 310? No thanks. Storm Throw for best STAB on that is a pain as well.

Bulk Up+Circle Throw is what it does best by a long shot, really. It's incredibly bulky though it's a shame it's slower than a ton of things (Skarmory among a ton of others) so it can be phazed before hitting Circle Throw. It still works though, and it's bulkier than any other Fighting-type, so it's got a niche.

Here is the best possible set for this guy.

Throh @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Impish / Guts

Bulk Up
Circle Throw
Taunt
Rest/Payback

This set has one purpose and one purpose only: to be the bulkiest motherfucker around. This will only fit on stall teams, where its phazing capability is extremely important. 120/85 is great physical bulk, and with Circle Throw you can phaze physical attacking targets while switching out of special ones. It does have equal special defense, but boosting its already-invested physical defense will let it beat out a lot of physical offensive threats. Example being:
Scarfchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP: (50.68% - 59.68%)
Scarfchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP/252 Def: (35.36% - 41.89%)
With the defensive investment, at +1 he'll take any physical hit like a fucking champion and can actually Rest and keep himself alive with Aromatherapy support.

None of his abilities are particularly good for this set, but Guts is probably the best to avoid burn damage reduction. Rest is the best option for a pure stall team, but with Payback he can deal with ghosts like Gengar that would give a lot of stall teams trouble. This is kind of like an anti-stall stalling set, like Taunt Skarm, but with Bulk Up+STAB Phazing it has a lot of potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)