Multi Gen Ubers Premier League IV - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna have to ask for a sub as well, been a little over an hour since scheduled time, and i was also on before scheduled time in case he wanted to play early.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
act post because told fat orch i'd be on at 2pm my time and he wasnt there

could play tmrw but i havent got my work schedule for tomorrow and beyond so idk

act post because told fat orch i'd be on at 2pm my time and he wasnt there

could play tmrw but i havent got my work schedule for tomorrow and beyond so idk
we were both online in PS! Ubers room yesterday and I wanted to fight and u dodged me. And then, you showed up 1 hr late which i left before cuz i had stuff to do. And then, you have gall to claim activity?

I'm online now if you wanna play or if you'd rather to just lose by activity. That's fine with me too.

Last edited:
n u losing activity orch you missed scheduled time lolz
No, I didn't. He did. It's really simple.

Thugly posted his activity post at 10:30 PM GMT+0 which is 3:30 PM GMT-7 (his time). You can check my wall and see that I sent few vms on wall when it was roughly 2 PM his time asking for his presence.

e:

So, I did a bit more of digging. I don't have any hard proof of this besides hearsay but whatever. Dilwar informed me of a potential alt (crylo ren) of Thugly being online and I contacted him directly during gunner v krau (which was 2 PM GMT-5 / 12 PM GMT+7 btw). Crylo ren claimed that he wasn't Thugly Duckling. I didn't press further cuz I wasn't gonna hassle a random if Dilwar was wrong. So, I left when it was about 2:40 PM GMT -7 cuz I had stuff to do. And, then...

This is the first time I've seen someone trying to claim act win after he was online for the whole time that I was there and actively tried to avoid fighting me and then missed the agreed time for the fight...

I'm available until 8 pm GMT-5 (5 pm GMT-8 because thugly clearly don't know his timezone and I'm doing him a favor here).

Last edited:
you did the same with ptr in week 3 i think. You try too much to fish for act wins by johning all week and act like you're busy in weekends and stuff. I think esteemed user fireburn wont fall for this since you have a good history of activity fishing.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Ubers Premier Johning IV
Arent both of our teams out? Just fight why would u care that much lol -.-

After spending about three days giving me a bunch of vague or impossible answers regarding the time in which he would like to battle me, passion finally agreed to battle yesterday, only to not show up at all, despite the fact that I had logged onto Pokémon Showdown! about two hours before the scheduled time, and stayed on that simulator for about eight hours after that time. I also stayed on Pokémon Showdown! for about ten hours today, and he did not show up either. Furthermore, two of passion's teammates have talked to me about his lack of desire to battle me, due to the fact that his team won't be making it to finals anyway. So unfortunately, for the third week in a row, I am making an activity post, since I need to go to sleep now and this is the last time I'll be online before the deadline.

This is the fourth of these "Premier Leagues" I have joined on this website, and with the possible exception of last year's Other Metagames Premier League, which I joined but could not battle in at all due to some extremely urgent things occupying me at the time, I must say that this current Ubers Premier League is the worst one I have ever participated in. I think it really says a lot about the Smogon community that the term "johning," which originally held the meaning of "making an excuse for losing in a game," has been corrupted and morphed within this community to mean "refusing to participate in a tournament battle."

I must thank hyw though, for being nice enough to give me a simulated and unofficial XY Ubers battle in place of my match with passion this week, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I managed to pull through versus Lord Outrage in a nice and haxless match, even though maybe my team (team members and sets) was interesting and maybe questionable. Regardless of that, huge shout-out to Magermilchpuur for the team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-337328362

Well, because my team can't qualify for the playoffs, it is time to say my last words of this UPL. It has been a great experience and I am thankful to Level 56 for picking and trusting me all five weeks. Also huge thank you to my teammates, you were really nice and helpful and I wish all to you best of luck in your future endeavours.

Also, thank you to everyone who helped me in teambuilding and testing. My two good friends Gunner Rohan and Magermilchpuur deserve an extra shout-out on that. I have got many new friends during this UPL and I am thankful for that too.

I wish best of luck to both Drizzles and Reshirams to the finals. May the better team win this UPL. Thank you again to everyone who made this UPL possible, especially Fireburn. n_n

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)