Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

Roar steelceus without spikes isn't very ideal, at the same time that team needs it for ghostceus and ekiller. It still is very weak to the latter, at best sand is up to chip dmg and making exca+steelceus combo capable of revenging, but that's only an ideal scenario. Only takes 33 % dmg on exca to gaurantee +2 kill with espeed even if sand is up and steelceus dmg output maxes at 35... It's a pretty cool team otherwise and it's built around the mon supposed to be built around for this practice. I still like ttar/ray/fightceus/gene/latias/exca more for a ray+sand sqaud because that team doesn't sacrifice defensive utility to fit wob (it can be argued rain stall and ghostceus are worse match ups for that team but 2 iron heads+toxic fightceus+chople ttar haven't had much problems with ghostceus in practice).

ZFs team is meager. I find it a very unsafe take on weatherless offense. I will first talk about the team on its own and then compare it to another weatherless offense because I found ZF to oversell his team quite a bit in comparision claiming his team "didn't gain any major major weaknesses despite its new additions".

The point is, running deo-s offensive with ghostceus as a spinblocker makes teams much more prone to spins from fast n frail spinners - exca and kabu specifically. Both do 2hko and needless to say letting through a spin must never happen under any cost when it comes to these frail teams. If a kabutops comes in after palkia (somewhat weakened which is realistic sicne palkia itself probably came in on a kyogre), darkrai or the rarer case of genesect killing something (without u-turning) the team is kinda toast. Ghostceus gets KOd by stone edge+waterfall after SR or 2 consecutive waterfalls without SR. Needless to say, ray gets KOd and the mon you have in is KOd. So a forced sack is the only play here because half that team is straight up cleaning fodder for kabu. Exca business is similar, it trades power for hazard resilience though. Further prediction occurs when kabu or exca somehow gets in vs deo-s with their weathers up. And there is actually nothing that can be done about weather because yeah, it's a run weatherless team.

Overreliance on ray checking weather sweepers can also backfire easily- ray being the deo-S anti lead means a team with kabu+deo-s just sets SR, forces ray to take 2 LO hits, forcing it out with something and then the kabu only has to contend with a 55 % ray etc.

I simply think the team relies on too many 50-50s (or worse since you are never in control of weather) in order to function. Another problem is the 50-50 that can occour when people lead Ekiller vs Deo-S... I guess it's not such a common scenario these days but if you were to ladder you'd see that a lot. Compared to deo-s+giratina-o HO the team (which I will go into later), it also has a much shakier foundation at which to handle ekiller on. Partly thanks to that lead scenario existing, but also due to focus blast being rather unreliable. Basically this is why I think sash deo-s+giratina-o is pretty much the way to go most of the time with those HO builds tbf.

I also feel like ZF downplays the trade offs when using a mon with no defensive synergy except for revenge killing a select few threats. If I were to compare the team to deo-s/giratina-o/latios/darkrai/genesect/ekiller then one thing would be on my mind: entry hazards. Both hazard resilience-wise and in terms of utilizing the hazard damage to end game, the rayquaza team doesn't quite hold up. There is no plan on what to do with the hazards like giratina-o shuffle (you only use dtail with palkia when up against chansey/sdef ogre/grassceus/cm arceus 1v1 so it's not really going to shuffle a lot) or attempt to weaken ekiller checks. When it comes to defending against opposing hazards, well, 5 spikes prone mons and 1 SR weak flyer is bound to get into trouble. Like most HO's, the team can prevent hazards pretty well, but it's never guaranteed. Just some food for thought, it's nevertheless a decent attempt ZF.

So I'll vote dice here

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The winner of this round is dice ! Congratulations. I'm going to be away for a week, so I'm going to open up entries until after I come back on August 8 (I might have to start voting on August 9 though). So, this week we're going to build in ORAS Ubers with Aegislash.

Have fun!

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 12 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Lava Plume

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Snatch
- Toxic

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

My best take on Aegislash is by using it on this prototype stall. Hasn't been used much by anyone because people feel more comfortable with my other stall team... Which they should be. I still think it has a fun twist to the stall archetype, Aegislash secures the team hard vs Xerneas, which opens up Groudon's moveset from the usual Lava Plume+RestTalk or plain Roar sdef you usually see on fat teams. I got to use Rock Tomb here which is kinda fun. It can make Lugia faster than certain taunters and it pressures Mega Mence pretty well. Since Mence even switches into Groudon at times, it can be super valuable to get Lugia to outspeed it.

Otherwise Aegislash also has qualities in pursuit trapping, which this team definitely enjoys. I feel that Gengar's main niche in the meta is to dismantle stall and I know people like Astounded feels Focus Blast is more of a necessity to do this as the more common stalls have Tyrantiar- which hopefully let's Aegislash put in some work vs Gengar. It also fares extremely well vs SubSong and SubHypno. Aegislash also traps Latis which is kinda minor but it's still very good to be able to force Defog Latias+Ho-oh teams into losing positions at times.

In the stall vs stall match-up, Aegislash has a very nice niche over most Toxic spammers- it can pressure clerics extremely well. Iron Head over Gyro Ball is more reliable vs defensive mons and it should be highlighted that this is extremely beneficial when facing RestTalk Xern or Blissey. The theoretical way you beat stall with this team is by pressuring clerics into using up their Heal Bell pp, but thank god I haven't played a stall vs stall match up yet cause the process would be tedious to say the least.

Since Mega Sableye's synergy with Aegislash isn't the best, so Mega Diancie became the choice for a magic bouncer on the team, which is almost a necessity for stall. Mega Diancie doesn't have Sableye's longevity but it does have a good match up vs opposing Sableye stalls as a Toxic staller, and it gets Heal Bell, which freed up my Blissey for a Wish-pass role- something Groudon really appreciates. My Diancie uses Moonblast to OHKO Darkrai and is ev'd towards the specially defensive side, which give it a great chance of living the niche +2 Focus Blast Darkrai, another thing that could possibly break stall. It has speed to outrun adamant Rayquaza. I didn't feel physical defensive would be its forte just because of how big threat Darkrai is, but it does take on stuff like Ho-oh and Mega Mence better then, so it's certainly an option.

Speaking of Blissey, running Snatch is of course my countermeasure to Arceus Dark. Wish+Softboiled actually makes this kind of Blissey much more secure in countering the mon in question, since it doesn't risk getting pp stalled out of recovery moves. Snatching cleric move pp from opposing Blisssey/Xerneas/Clefable is another underrated aspect of Blissey's match up vs stall. It is also a back up check/pivot to Kyogre/Yveltal.

Lastly you got Lugia and Waterceus, which I don't think needs much explaination. When in doubt and rocks aren't up, you use the former to wall 90 % of the meta. The latter is my defoger and support Groudon check of choice. Typing is as per usual key since it allows me to cover more variants of Pdon (as well as Ho-oh) than when using someting like Groundceus in that slot.

To conclude: this team has some fun merit over Tyranitar+Mega Sableye stalls in being able to handle variants of Gengar that opt for dedicated standard stallbreaking measures, it has a pretty good match up over opposing stall due to Diancie+Aegislash, and it is very secure vs Xerneas and a bit more secure vs Skymin. On the downside when compared to standard stall; Diancie isn't as reliable as Sableye at completely walling certain SR users (Tyranitar, Ferro, Deoxys-A) and in extension giving autowins, nor can it afford protect on a team like this, which makes mega evolving much more of a hassle. Mega Sab also gives the team an additional Ekiller check, which in extension makes it more prone to standard HO. So basically you trade off the edge in the HO match up for an easier way to pressure opposing stalls and wall balances with certain stallbreakers. Which can be worth it sometime.

edit: I decided to add a couple of interesting suggestions, both from users have been pitching me and some I've thought up myself. I already changed my Pdons evs to gear more towards the physical side because I felt it would be needed.

Bold Chansey > Blissey: while Blissey has the reliable combo of lefties+snatch, this team is actually much frailer on the physical side (even with the forced change of don evs) than on the special. Chansey can for example take attacks like +2 LO ekiller espeed, ho-oh brave bird among things, should it come to that.

or

Flamethrower Blissey: helps vs Ferrothorn (this team actually have major problems killing Ferro lol) with CM Diancie- since Blissey isn't gonna afford to run snatch anymore, a new Darkceus check is needed. Alternatively HP Fire Diancie and keep blissey set (or change to chansey), to help with Ferrothorn while not giving Darkceus check.

Ice Beam Waterceus+Psychic Lugia+SubToxic Aegislash+possibly shed or flame bliss and the appropriate changes to Diancie if giving up snatch: Fun variant that forgoes pursuit for a win condition that sets up on ferro. Weaker to the rare sub ho-oh.

in theory arceus water could forgo judgment for fire blast to hit ferro. A sub ho-oh weakness would be manageable with diancie+pdon+lugia.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We might as well have a second team to pick from:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Tomb

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 12 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Defog
- Roost

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Aromatherapy

Hack already covered what Aegislash is good at - Pursuit trapping Lati@s, pressuring clerics hard, getting Toxic onto Primal Groudon - but I like Pokemon that can hurt stuff faster so I decided to use a more direct approach with more offensive Pokemon. Pursuiting Lati@s and getting Toxic onto Primal Groudon helps clear a path for Calm Mind Primal Kyogre to sweep easily later in the game. I opted for a bulky CM set with Rest to give some longevity against stall and balance while still posing considerable offensive threat and handling Ground-types better. On the other side of things, pressuring clerics such as Blissey and Clefable is nice for Calm Mind Arceus-Dark, my other win condition that helps handle Stone Edge Extremekiller (with Will-O-Wisp) and Arceus-Ghost. Mega Salamence covers Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, keeps Stealth Rock at bay, and provides a decent check towards other Mega Salamence with Dragon Tail. Primal Groudon covers Kyogre and sets up Stealth Rock, also provides a backup against Xerneas in case Aegislash fails. Choice Scarf Xerneas holds the team together against fast offensive Pokemon such as Darkrai and Mewtwo, handles Arceus-Dark nicely, and provides cleric support for the team, most notably to awaken Primal Kyogre from Rest and help out my Refresh-less Arceus-Dark. It can clean up rather nicely with Primal Kyogre chipping down checks such as Ferrothorn and Primal Groudon.

Aegislash is a little tough to incorporate into a team since it needs a lot of weaknesses covered, but it can bring some nice support to the table.

I also shamelessly copied Hack's Aegislash EVs because they looked pretty.

I'm just rather uncomfortable with the fact that the team has only 1 check to pdon any many mons that wants to avoid it at all cost (aegi, xern, your own don which is slow). Even ogre is gonna be super wary with its presence as it can't do that much damage to it. Mence hates thunder wave, is SR weak w/o lefties and has to spend time clearing hazards. It also must serve as the primary check to Ekiller in a lot of cases. It's an overexteded slot if you ask me. Ogre is also a threat in a similar vein, but much easier to handle in general, though I don't like having such a slow team with only 1 check to it. I used a similar team in some tryout games before UPL (outrage can attest to that), and it always felt like the team had too little sustain, yet meager attacking power. I used refresh ekiller and geoxern on my build to add a more bulky xern that wasn't as troubled by groudon and could help out vs opposing ekiller. Both also gave me a bit of an easier time pressuring pogre.

As I edited in my post above, my team has a rather unfortunate match up against Ferro, so I put in some potential changes for those interesting.

It goes to say that Aegislash is very tricky to build with, and you are probably going to have to live with some weaknesses at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Clear Smog
- Recover

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

The idea of this balance is counter the most pokemon of Ubers metagame, Aegislash trap Lati@s, kills Xerneas with Gyro Ball, Toxic stall to certainly types of Arceus, Salamence Checks Primal Groudon and can boost for more damage vs Primals and other stuff, the evs spread was given thinking speciallly to check Primal Groudon but u can modify it, Arceus Rock is ho oh check and the defogger, he can burn threats like Mewtwo X or others mons that are very dangerous and recover, Gastrodon is the Kyogre`s Counter because it Absorbs the water, stall it and can mirror coat some attacks, it can live a moonblast at +2 with full life and mirror coat Xerneas, Klefki is here to stop stuff like Darkrai (T-Wave it) and Salamence (Same form like Darkrai), toxic primals and spikes, Play Rough for stab and Primal Groudon is the sr setter and the Groudon Check in case Salamence dead, and roar for stop Xerneas safe (WARNING: XERNEAS GIVES 2HKO Primal Groudon with this spread) and Lava Plume for burn because im a haxer that got peak and defeated outrage for that :^]
Here a replay vs Outrage (Thanks bro for let me use the replay)
And thanks to SweetPosho for correct my bad english asdf
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-254797582

Last edited:

Glaurung (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

Nightmare (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

Hellzilla (Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge

Mach 16 (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Animagus (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

Vangarde (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit

I made this team the other day, might as well see if it's up to scratch. I first of all started with the idea of a Dragon Spam-ish thingy team, with a very solid offensive core of Mega Salamence and Rayquaza. I started with just a simple DD/Roost/D-Edge/EQ MegaMence which really made a very nice core and pressures a lot of teams. Then, I added Primal Groudon to the team, to hep bolster the core and gain a nice way to deal with Xerneas. Next of all, I picked Latias, to add to the concept of "Dragon Spam" (I really doubt this is proper Dragon Spam, forgive me if it isn't.) and it makes a very nice wallbreaker with Soul Dew and a nice Primal Groudon and Kyogre check, so in case there was a situation where Primal Kyogre switched into Groudon, then I had a switch in to it. I decided to go with Scarf Xerneas because I want a fast way to remove Darkrai w/ Sleep Talk and other variants would have to catch a Sludge Bomb beforehand. Finally, I originally went with Spikes Klefki because I wanted some extra hazards and a nice way of dealing with Latios/as. After one game, I was murdered by an E-Killer Arceus, so I decided to drop the full offensive Mega Mence for a Bulkier Mega Salamence with DD/Roost/Return/Refresh, which can effectively remove E-Killer Arceus because it has the bulk to take it on. Finally, I realised I was still struggling against the Lati's, so I decided to roll with a Pursuit trapping Aegislash because it can KO it, as well as picking off Deoxys-Speed, which can help deal with hazards. Mega Mence is the main win condition, this team and this team can pick off steel and rock types that would wall Mega Mence, as well as Latias and Xerneas, whilst Rayquaza can weaken the walls very confidently.

Klefki can compress the xern+aegi slot with the added benefit of having spikes. It leaves you with a more solid mon instead of 2 niche mons/sets. Since you can't handle Ghostceus, you will need to make that compression to add something like Darkceus/refresh Ekiller. So I personally don't really see why you want Aegi on that team, because it just leaves you with more weaknesses than when using something like Klefki. Thanks for sharing though.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, here are the entries for this round:

Hack:
Fireburn:
Jhonx~:
DaRizzleMyShizzle:

orch
Thugly Duckling
steelphoenix
ZoroarkForever
ApplepieFTW
Nayrz
Iris
Level 56
dice

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)