Other Weather Testing on the CAP Server

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Correct. I would like a mod to lock this thread, seeing as most discussion is over, unless someone can come up with a log demonstrating rain/sun isnt broken.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, testing is over. The purpose of testing was to inform the next CAP concept discussion. That discussion is underway, so there is no need to gather any more information.

I will leave this thread open a little longer, to allow people to post any "conclusions" they reached regarding auto-weather. A few people have already done so. I think some intelligent posts to "wrap up" the testing would be good for anyone that refers back to this thread for posterity.

I'll also leave Wet Spell and Dry Spell implemented on the server for now. No one will use them for Ubers, and it's not really hurting anything. All forms of Groudon and Kyogre are banned from standard play.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not sure how welcome general comments are in this topic, but I've watched quite a battle with the weather Pokemon, and to be honest...the limited weather ones have been VERY interesting to me.

I saw a lot of lower UU and lower BL Pokemon being used (such as Gorebyss and Ludicolo, Sunflora and Exeggutor) and from what I could tell, the Garchomps and Gengars had been seeing less use.

I didn't like what I saw with permanent weather, but the limited turn weather seemed to increase the number of viable Pokemon in OU, which is always a plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)