Samurott

First off, I don't get where people are getting this perception that he's a "samurai." He's on all fours and doesn't look like a typical samurai.

Second, I'm disappointed in his design. So much potential from the second from. Could've even been a great Water/Fighting maybe mixed attacking with Aura Sphere or Sacred Sword?

Can't be changed now though. He has a nice niche with that Waterfall/Megahorn but if only he was faster.

I was like you at first but just look at his flippers.
See anything? Thats right those are the famous samurai shoulders used in all kinds of video games and other media. And if you live under a rock and have never seen them before here is a pic:

His head shell is supposed to either be based on the helmets, hairstyle or just be his "sword."

i really want to use him in temas too. i guess he will be pretty good in underused. Like i said earlier all he needs is shell break to be the best water starter or at least tie with swampert. you can effectively run is sp defense hindering nature. pump some ev's between special attack and defense. then come in on a move you physically resist . Force the switch and shell break. the +2 in all attacking stats means he can sweep the oppenents team if its late game. If dream world works like we hope and pokemon can get w/e ability Game Freak chooses, he should get intimidate. That would make sense with him just having to roar to intimidate opponents. His intro cry would be thee roar causing the intimidate to take effect. Now the opponent books i, giving you the turn to set up and sweep. Daikenki is in a position where if we are lucky and Game Freak makes these two tweaks, He will be top tier. He wouldn't be broken either because a scarfer could come in and potentially wreck him or a pokemon with sturdy and explosion.

Yeah I'm not saying Daikenki outclasses it's counterparts but it isn't all that horrible. Pure Water-type is nice and good coverage is nice and decent defensive stats are nice but in OU play it's obviously not going to cut it I think :/

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This Pokemon just sucks. I hate saying that about any Poke, but it's outclassed by nearly every other water out there in everything it wants to do. As a supporter, Milotic and Vaporeon are better. As a sweeper, Suicune, Gyarados, Empoleon, and Starmie are better.

It might make an impact in the lower tiers, but w/e.

It's a Swords Dancer that beats bulky grass types (+2 LO Megahorn OHKO's Tangrowth which is no easy feat). Aqua Jet gets the jump on faster pokemon.

It's not amazing but it does something different from Gyarados and Feraligatr.

A truly depressing Pokemon. There's no niche that Daikenki serves that other Water types don't excel at. I suppose Daikenki will fade away into the same leagues as Seaking...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
It's a Swords Dancer that beats bulky grass types (+2 LO Megahorn OHKO's Tangrowth which is no easy feat). Aqua Jet gets the jump on faster pokemon.

It's not amazing but it does something different from Gyarados and Feraligatr.
No, +2 252 Atk LO Adamant Megahorn does 63.9% - 75.2% to 252 HP/252 Def Impish Tangrowh. Power Whip OHKOs in return.

But I digress.

Actually, shipship is correct. Both Smogon Damage Calculator and Libelldra give 95% - 111.9% on a +2 LO Megahorn from 100 base Attack, which is a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock in play.

No, +2 252 Atk LO Adamant Megahorn does 63.9% - 75.2% to 252 HP/252 Def Impish Tangrowh. Power Whip OHKOs in return.

But I digress.
Not sure how you got that. It does 95% min and an average of 102%.

Gyarados can't hope to beat Celebi/Tangrowth unless it uses the gimmicky Bounce, while Daikenki handles them quite well.

This probably won't be enough to make Daikenki OU, but it's not a bad pokemon by any means.

Like Joker120 said, if Daikenki does get Shell Break, it would make him a beast, though the only way he'd get that is in the third game of the this set. This situation kind f reminds me of Scizor. He didn't have much going for him, but Platinum gave him Bullet Punch, making him a top tier threat. I hope he does get it, because with it used once, the only things that can truly stop it are those with scarfs, priority, or with just ridiculous speed.

Time to go pray and hope GF will realize that he needs it. lol

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Not sure how you got that. It does 95% min and an average of 102%.

Gyarados can't hope to beat Celebi/Tangrowth unless it uses the gimmicky Bounce, while Daikenki handles them quite well.

This probably won't be enough to make Daikenki OU, but it's not a bad pokemon by any means.
Ya, you are right. I used the wrong calcs. My bad. :P

Like Joker120 said, if Daikenki does get Shell Break, it would make him a beast, though the only way he'd get that is in the third game of the this set. This situation kind f reminds me of Scizor. He didn't have much going for him, but Platinum gave him Bullet Punch, making him a top tier threat. I hope he does get it, because with it used once, the only things that can truly stop it are those with scarfs, priority, or with just ridiculous speed.

Time to go pray and hope GF will realize that he needs it. lol
I am glad you agree with me. With shell break and white herb, our favorite samurai will dominate. All Game Freak needs to do is rectify a grave moveset error that isn't even outlandish. I mean if wishcash can get dragon dance Daikenki can get shell break. We only have to fear they give him the flareon and ampheros treatment *cough* tail glow and flare blitz *cough* .

Don't understand why Whiscash was given DD, but that's beside the point. With Shell Break, Daikenki could run a mixed or special set, though the only moves he can really put to good use are a bit limited and tend to lean more towards the special side. Another note, Daikenki can learn Grass Knot, which of the five water starters only Empoleon can use. I can see him going with a Shell Break/ Boiling Water/ Grass Knot/ Ice Beam in a special set or using a mixed set of Shell Break/ Aqua Jet/ Grass Knot/ Ice Beam to revenge kill.

I really like the SD Aqua Jet set for late game purposes myself. Empoleon can do it almost as well, though with better bulk, but I'm looking at the offensive side of things here. :P

Megahorn is really the only thing that sets it apart from other Waters. I suppose with SD and it's decent bulk it can handle itself against some walls without much of a problem, but still it just lacks the right stat spread to be better.

Don't understand why Whiscash was given DD, but that's beside the point. With Shell Break, Daikenki could run a mixed or special set, though the only moves he can really put to good use are a bit limited and tend to lean more towards the special side. Another note, Daikenki can learn Grass Knot, which of the five water starters only Empoleon can use. I can see him going with a Shell Break/ Boiling Water/ Grass Knot/ Ice Beam in a special set or using a mixed set of Shell Break/ Aqua Jet/ Grass Knot/ Ice Beam to revenge kill.
i would go with the mixed set as the best with a -special defense nature and plus sp attk/ attk depending on which side you are leaning . don't put too much speed as shell break will fix that and you will have aqua jet mostly. Now, you can either pump all your ev's in both of the attacking stats or put all in your primary attacking stat and split the other 252 between hp and the other attacking stat. But alas, this is only wishful thinking. At least with feraligatr moving up to at least borderline daikenki will fill his void in UU providing a little something different with megahorn and grass knot.

First off, I don't get where people are getting this perception that he's a "samurai." He's on all fours and doesn't look like a typical samurai.

Second, I'm disappointed in his design. So much potential from the second from. Could've even been a great Water/Fighting maybe mixed attacking with Aura Sphere or Sacred Sword?

Can't be changed now though. He has a nice niche with that Waterfall/Megahorn but if only he was faster.
1. Daimyo, Samurai warlords, apparently rode horseback with a spear as a weapon.

The armor looks samurai and he has the samurai warlord horseback and spear functions built into his build and armor respectively. (/TVTropes paraphrase.) I.E. Mijumaru is a would be fighter, Futachimaru is a samurai, and Daikenki is a samurai WARLORD otter. That can gut you with its head.

2. Sacred Sword are the Four Legendary Ponies' shared signature move. This is not a thread for what could have been.

3. Yeah...I'm disappointed by his speed too. Megahorn DOES give it a niche though.

Giving this thing shell break is about as reasonable as giving urugamosu butterfly dance. Lol shell break for this thing would be like it cracking open its helmet and pulling out 2 swords. kinda reminds me of gilgamesh.

Giving this thing shell break is about as reasonable as giving urugamosu butterfly dance. Lol shell break for this thing would be like it cracking open its helmet and pulling out 2 swords. kinda reminds me of gilgamesh.
This is EXACTLY how I envisioned it lol. Besides, all the other pokemon who use it look like they actually need their shell to survive. Daikenki uses it to be a badass. Since it is his armor, him breaking it , losing defense, and gaining speed make sense. Getting more attack is just a bonus.

That would be the most bad ass thing I'd ever see. Plus like Joker said, even with no ev in speed with a +speed nature with Shell Break his speed would reach 478. That's brutal!!

Only in the world of nintendo can shell related weapons wreak havoc.
Mario reference?

Shell Break seems to be made for this guy (Blastoise too). Maybe GF will give him it as an egg move in the next game (Gray?).

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this guy (well, other than his name being too hard to pronounce), he's cool and a starter evo. I wonder where that sword he hides in his Pokedex description is hiding though...

If I had to guess, he would either stand on his back legs and wield the swords in his front paws, or swipe with his paws with the blades extended. Samurai Sea Lion for the win!!

He has shell armor as a DW ability, so there's no reason he won't get shell break. He will get it in gray or when when there's a remake of RSE(there WILL be a lot more moves that can be tutored at the battle frontier later on.) Remember that DP didn't give much to all the pokes too, but platinum HGSS changes a lot of things, just like how scizor got bullet punch. So its still too early to judge a poke.

ok kids. calm down now, he wont ever use swords with those hands.

i am sad, emo clown had great potential and a fighting/water evo would have made so much sense on him....but oh well, gamefreak logic i suppose.

besides megahorn i dont see why i would use this thing over gyara, fera, pert or even milotic. he is sadly but simply outclassed by other bulky waters. i can see him being a good offensive water in UU though. i suppose pokemon grey will give him some kind of gamebreaking move with one of the tutors but until there he is just another water type with nothing special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)