Durant

why everyone talks about u turn acording to the tm list it doesnt learn u turn wich is sad
but the selling point of this pokemon is
example after claw sharpen
iron head 120bp(stab)+hustle(=choice band)+1atck(after claw sharpen)+life orb i mean this kinda o power coming from a 109 base attack can do serius damage how much the attacks gets raised anyone knows the math?

plus if your oponents switch to a counter you can just batton pass away(109 base speed wih jolly is preety fast on my book) and give your new pokemon +1attack +1Acc

thats is what this bug has over scizor i think this guy is the 4 fastest bug 1s ninjask second the new 145 base speed bug and the the new centipede whose stats are awful

and is the fastest steel type until now xD

@Shadow Haunter:

Someone mentionted U-Turn but I don't know if he was referring to a move tutor or something, anyway as you can understand from my arguments it's definately not the best option Aianto can run.

As you said Iron Head/X-Scissor have 120 power when factoring STAB and 136 when factoring Life Orb. Its Attack is 348 (with maximum EV investiment and a neutral nature) * 1.5 (Hustle) * 1.5 (+1 boost from Claw Sharpen) = 783.

And yeah, Aianto is the fastest steel type, followed by Kobaruon which has 108 base speed and Genosect with 99 while it's the 4th fastest Bug type (the first is Ninjask, the second is Agirudaa and the third is Pendoraa).

I love this thing. I think It's so cute.
With the support of a bulky water, Aianto is going to prove most impressive.
With a potentially stronger U-turn than Scizor and excellent typing, Aianto is going to run amok.
I like everything about this Pokemon. :3
Bug Pokemon really have had some good attention this gen.

choice scarf assembly crew seems to be a decent use for it

giving truant to something like crocune would be devastating

@Shadow Haunter:

Someone mentionted U-Turn but I don't know if he was referring to a move tutor or something, anyway as you can understand from my arguments it's definately not the best option Aianto can run.

As you said Iron Head/X-Scissor have 120 power when factoring STAB and the attack is 348 (with maximum EV investiment and a neutral nature) * 1.5 (Hustle) * 1.5 (+1 boost from Claw Sharpen) = 783.

And yeah, Aianto is the fastest steel type, followed by Kobaruon which has 108 base speed and Genosect with 99 while it's the 4th fastest Bug type (the first is Ninjask, the second is Agirudaa and the third is Pendoraa).
you still forgot it may old a life orb and maybe this is the set i will use hustle plus life orb plus claw sharpen xD and when counter arrives i will just baton pass away to a fire friendly pokemon (arcanine beneficts +1 attack and maybe acc to use fire blast mixed i dkn and also gets flash fire activated xD)

I think he is fast and strong enough to stay in even in the face of a potential fire attack. Stone Edge gives him KOs on any fire type he outspeeds, should KO Mence and Dragonite unless Nite is super bulky. And if a fire attack outspeeds him, U-Turn won't help anyway.

Hustle Band Set anyone?

With the combo Aianto hits 712 Atk with Max Atk and 317 Spe (also max)

I was thinking
Adamant Ainato @ Choice Band
Hustle
~ Iron Head
~ Crunch
~ X-Scissor
~ Thunder Fang
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp

Each of these moves has perfect or near perfect accuracy, making the hustle drop manageable.

Hustle Band Set anyone?

With the combo Aianto hits 712 Atk with Max Atk and 317 Spe (also max)

I was thinking
Adamant Ainato @ Choice Band
Hustle
~ Iron Head
~ Crunch
~ X-Scissor
~ Thunder Fang
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp

Each of these moves has perfect or near perfect accuracy, making the hustle drop manageable.
I don't see how a thunder fang with only 5% more accuracy than a Thunder attack outside of rain is worth a move spot.

As I already said Choice Banded Aianto is very powerful but 80% isn't something you can rely on and it can't afford to miss a single hit due to its paper thin defenses. Even if you don't mind missing I still don't like a CB+Hustle combo since you can't run Stone Edge which is just too important to be left out for that kind of set. An Aianto without Baton Pass and good coverage isn't good enough.

Azure Demon

I don't see how a thunder fang with only 5% more accuracy than a Thunder attack outside of rain is worth a move spot.
It is certainly worth a move spot it is for waters who will hit him for neutral damage when helps a hell of a lot not to mention it's the Main move that he has that will hit fires for good neutral damage without losing water coverage. If losing water coverage doesn't bug you I'd run rock slide

a truant set could easily come in on any pokemon thats setting up, and force them to switch with assembly crew. if they switch ur truant turn where ur can't do anything is used up on there switch and if they don't then neither of u can do anything in the turn anyways. but u can still switch and bring in a counter.

either way i see it as being a good UU phazer maybe even OU. playing like most roar sets.

As I already said Choice Banded Aianto is very powerful but 80% isn't something you can rely on and it can't afford to miss a single hit due to its paper thin defenses. Even if you don't mind missing I still don't like a CB+Hustle combo since you can't run Stone Edge which is just too important to be left out for that kind of set. An Aianto without Baton Pass and good coverage isn't good enough.
I don't see what good Stone Edge is really. Thunder Fang is more than enough with hustle band for flying / gyarados, and besides Urgamosu what bug pokemon is switching into this? Rock type's common use is #1 STAB or #2 attacking Gyarados without hitting Jolteon with electric moves to heal it. Zapdos poses an issue, but why would you stay in anyways? Heat Wave destroys you.

I didn't think too much of this new poke after all I thought it was a weak attempt at a Scizor clone but Choice Band and Claw Sharpen looks promising. I wonder how much it could be abused though

I don't see what good Stone Edge is really. Thunder Fang is more than enough with hustle band for flying / gyarados, and besides Urgamosu what bug pokemon is switching into this? Rock type's common use is #1 STAB or #2 attacking Gyarados without hitting Jolteon with electric moves to heal it. Zapdos poses an issue, but why would you stay in anyways? Heat Wave destroys you.
Depends on if Aianto can OHKO Zapdos with Stone Edge since Zapdos will get outsped.

Not by Choice Scarfed versions, which I think will see more use in Gen 5
Agree wholeheartedly. With so many powerful 'Mons in this gen, out-speeding is going to be more important than ever.

Sadly, I don't see Aianto being strong enough to withstand as powerful a creature as Zapdos or the like, though it's going to tear gaping holes in many UU teams.

Agree wholeheartedly. With so many powerful 'Mons in this gen, out-speeding is going to be more important than ever.

Sadly, I don't see Aianto being strong enough to withstand as powerful a creature as Zapdos or the like, though it's going to tear gaping holes in many UU teams.
I can see Anaito in OU. Only one weakness, a ton of resistances. We all know how much of a pain in the ass Bug / Steel can be. It's bane is Shadow Tag Shanndera, but then again, what isn't? I think either Shadow Tag will be banned from standard play or Shanndera will be moved up to Ubers. I person prefer the former to the latter, as Shanndera herself is not broken, only Shadow Tag.

Well, just think of how great a partner Zoroark will be for Aianto. Zoroark could come in, bluff a Claw Sharpen since he learns that as well hopefully drawing out Shanderaa to trap it and try and KO. And instead finds itself the recipient of a big fat SE STAB dark attack.

Or you run Stone Edge on Aianto and he takes care of it himself. I doubt Shadow Tag Shanderaa will be running scarf very often considering how amazing it's calm mind set is looking to be and how often Shanderaa will be looking to come in on normal/fighting attacks to set that up.

Truth be told, I was playing Devil's Advocate to a degree, I love the idea of him being powerful enough for OU. And regardless will be trying a bug themed team, with Dentula and Drapion joining this guy on it. :D

Stone Edge looks a good option for coverage to me, I'll probably give him it.

If CB Slaking was OU in Gen III, then I can see CB Aianto working well, especially with that nasty Traunt passing.

To be honest, that'll probably be a gimmick set. Offensive attacking sets are far more viable.

If CB Slaking was OU in Gen III, then I can see CB Aianto working well, especially with that nasty Traunt passing.

To be honest, that'll probably be a gimmick set. Offensive attacking sets are far more viable.
Bad comparison. Aianto doesn't have 670 BST, and this isn't Gen III.

I'd just like to say that the people shouting "OMG ONE WEAKNESS O.O" Should like at this thing's amazing defenses of 58/112/48.

After some testing, any decent special attacker bar a Grass one is going to be 2HKOing Aianto if it has SpAtk above 100.

Yeah I was about to say that too.

This pokemon is incredibly weak to almost any non 4x resisted special move :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)