Durant

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Aianto is an interesting Pokemon.

Bug/Steel is a classically excellent mix, so no complaints on his typing from this end.
His Attack and Speed are both above average, and can definitely make a dent in anything without decent Defense, and it can outspeed quite a bit. It can also take a physical hit pretty well, anything without investment in Attack won't be getting through.

That being said, Aianto is going to fall over dead to anything Special Attacking- 58 HP and 48 Special Defense is hysterically bad, to say the least about it.
With all of the new SPA oriented Pokemon this gen, I don't think this guy is gonna make it to standard.
I can definitely see him being a force in the lower tiers, however.

Yeah I was about to say that too.

This pokemon is incredibly weak to almost any non 4x resisted special move :/
I've been using this little guy on POs gen 5 beta servers a lot. The flipside to him being weak to special attacks is that he takes physical hits like a champ and hits back harder. You play him right and he can sweep whole teams which he has done for me very frequently. With a Jolly nature after a CS he is at 712 attack and 348 speed. He's outsped and OHKO'd full health Zapdos with Stone Edge just for a gauge. OHKO'd Doryuuzu with a resisted Iron Head too.

And his coverage is just good enough. Steel types can be an issue but you might be able to muscle your way through, especially since a lot of the bulky steel types have a secondary typing that makes his STABs neutral.

I team him up with Milotic who people absolutely love to use Grass Knot on so I can come in and get set up with next to no effort. Especially on Nattorei which is proving popular, even his Power Whips do next to nothing.

Truant Set

Aianto
Truant @Life Orb
Att/252 or Spe/252
U-turn
Make Friends
T-Wave
Swagger

The point of this set is to basically to support your team by passing Truant and U-turn if you want to switch since U-Turn Negates Truants negative drawbacks. If the pokemon chooses to stay in you can T-Wave him to make the opposing pokemon even more useless.

The selling point of this set is its ability to give Truant and Deal Damage on the switch.

For example
Player1 chooses Aianto
Player2 chooses Scizor

Aianto uses Make Friends
Scizor now has Truant
Scizor uses Bullet Punch
Aianto still lives :D

Aianto is loafing around
Scizor is loafing around

Aianto at this point can play mind games whether to go for a switch or go for a U-Turn to the now Truanted Scizor

He theoretically forced a switch and the pace of the game is in the hands of Player 1.

He can ruin unsuspecting Boosters/Sweepers/Stallers quiet unexpectedly because he most Aianto sets will run Choice.

Keep in mind that this is all theory. I do not know if "Making Friends" on turn one will make Scizor Loaf around in the next turn but if it does then this is a gimmicky and rewarding set. :D

Oh and I'm not the best at EV's. If someone can fix them for me. I ran Attack & Life orb to take advantage of his high Attack Stat. I think it would be better if he his EV's were spread defensively but I don't know how to do it. I just want to let everybody know that you can run U-Turn and Make Friends to piss people off.

Actually looking at Aianto's stats...doesn't he seem a bit like Firijio but in reverse? And with better typing?

I'd just like to say that the people shouting "OMG ONE WEAKNESS O.O" Should like at this thing's amazing defenses of 58/112/48.

After some testing, any decent special attacker bar a Grass one is going to be 2HKOing Aianto if it has SpAtk above 100.

Scizor gets along just fine, and this thing has more Def anyways. He's late game, not something you whip out turn two.

Actually looking at Aianto's stats...doesn't he seem a bit like Firijio but in reverse? And with better typing?
Who? whats the 'Dex #?

I think its +25%

so everything is dropped to 80% then boosted up to 100% again.

Plus two after one turn with good speed and a life orb is nice.
+1 acc is x4/3, so any attack with 75 acc or greater has effectively 100.

The atk boost is also not technically +2 atk. +2 attack is x2, but +1 atk and Hustle is x2.25.

Honestly, Claw Sharpen was made for Hustle! That is so damn useful.

I thought its Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed was all base 48 at first...so I never even thought about using this. Now that I've seen its true Speed, its a pretty cool Pokemon. It can outspeed a lot and hit pretty hard, not to mention it can take hits from the physical side well too.

Claw Sharpen works well with Hustle; with it, Aianto can cancel Hustle's accuracy loss while boosting its Attack even further. Here's a set I threw together:
-Claw Sharpen
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Stone Edge
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Hustle

Basically, it's the Baton Pass set, only that Baton Pass has been dropped for a third offensive move, making Aianto a pure sweeper. This set can be used if you don't feel like using Baton Pass on Aianto.

i saw on you tube a guy using
jolly @ life orb
ability: hustle
1:Claw sharpen
2:Iron head
3:x scizor
4:thunder fang

and it worked preety well it can take big chunks of hp even to physical walls
remenber it outspeeds by one point the new 108 base speed tie pokemons 109 speed rules xD

Those resistances really tempt me but the stats are a turn off(defensive). Physically this guy is a BEAST but I can't always set up light screen for it to come in-...Light screen + occa berry..Would that save him from fire blast?

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Those resistances really tempt me but the stats are a turn off(defensive). Physically this guy is a BEAST but I can't always set up light screen for it to come in-...Light screen + occa berry..Would that save him from fire blast?
it has 112 defense.

Jesus, the pessimism on this board is ridiculous. It has one weakness, and bad sdef.

You dont see people saying gengar is garbage be its weak to dark and has bad defense.

You can potentially set up on resisted physical attacks no problem.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
it has 112 defense.

Jesus, the pessimism on this board is ridiculous. It has one weakness, and bad sdef.

You dont see people saying gengar is garbage be its weak to dark and has bad defense.

You can potentially set up on resisted physical attacks no problem.
Yes but with 58 HP and 48 Special Defense any attack that is not Physical is going to destroy it. Any Special Attacker faster than Aianto is going to ream him.

Ash Borer

Yes but with 58 HP and 48 Special Defense any attack that is not Physical is going to destroy it. Any Special Attacker faster than Aianto is going to ream him.
Yes but that is the point. Every pokemon has a weakness. Heatran is earthquake's bitch, tyranitar takes massive damage from fighting moves, and gyarados falls to electric attacks. Aianto cant take fire attacks, and powerful unresisted special attacks.

Obiovus aianto's weakness is greater, he's fast. Out of all the teams you've built, how many of them had special attackers with 110+ speed running max speed and + nature.

Gengar: his stabs are resisted or immune. Thunderbolt kos. A counter for or less.

Azelf: ok this one and aianto is toast. A good trainer predicts the switch and x-scissors for the ko.

Raikou: Again, an ohko with a powerful thunderbolt, but because of hustle and life orb from aianto an x-scissor on the switch in does a lot. Raikou doesnt freely switch in predicting claw sharpen. It can revenge kill, but aianto has taken out a member of the opposing team already. even going for the revenge kill, dugtrio can switch in on the thunderbolt that is necessary to ko.

Alakazam: Alakazam might not be able to ko. His STAB is resisted, and his other standard moves, shadow ball focus blast, etc are risky or resisted. HP fire is used with alakazam, but not all the time. Alakazam is usually a good check, but is toast if he switches in on an x-scissor.

Scarftran with +speed nature: aianto with claw sharpen's complete shutdown. This one makes a fool of aianto either way.

Magnezone +speed nature and scarfed: traps and kills, a counter.

Look the point is that aianto has great speed. After setting up a claw sharpen on something he isnt outsped and koed as easily as a lot of you seem to think.

Aianto is a fast sweeper who runs through a good portion of the metagame.

We all know that he is counted by heatran, moltres, and magnezone etc. but every pokemon has a counter.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Obiovus aianto's weakness is greater, he's fast. Out of all the teams you've built, how many of them had special attackers with 110+ speed running max speed and + nature.
You seem to be forgetting about Scarfers; which are incredibly prevalent.

And I'm not saying that Aianto is bad by any means, I'm just saying that he is incredibly weak on the special side.

Yes but that is the point. Every pokemon has a weakness. Heatran is earthquake's bitch, tyranitar takes massive damage from fighting moves, and gyarados falls to electric attacks. Aianto cant take fire attacks, and powerful unresisted special attacks.

Gengar: his stabs are resisted or immune. Thunderbolt kos. A counter for or less.

Azelf: ok this one and aianto is toast. A good trainer predicts the switch and x-scissors for the ko.

Raikou: Again, an ohko with a powerful thunderbolt, but because of hustle and life orb from aianto an x-scissor on the switch in does a lot. Raikou doesnt freely switch in predicting claw sharpen. It can revenge kill, but aianto has taken out a member of the opposing team already. even going for the revenge kill, dugtrio can switch in on the thunderbolt that is necessary to ko.

Alakazam: Alakazam might not be able to ko. His STAB is resisted, and his other standard moves, shadow ball focus blast, etc are risky or resisted. HP fire is used with alakazam, but not all the time. Alakazam is usually a good check, but is toast if he switches in on an x-scissor.

Scarftran with +speed nature: aianto with claw sharpen's complete shutdown. This one makes a fool of aianto either way.

Look the point is that aianto has great speed. After setting up a claw sharpen on something he isnt outsped and koed as easily as a lot of you seem to think.

We all know that he is counted by heatran, moltres, and magnezone etc. but every pokemon has a counter.
Agree with this post 100%. As I posted earlier I've actually been using the guy and I can't tell you how impressed I am with Aianto.

Aianto@Life Orb
Jolly
Hustle
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Claw Sharpen
Stone Edge
Iron Head
X-Scissor

That's the exact set I run and he's a monster once you get set up. Even Heatran isn't a counter for him anymore since 9/10 Heatrans run Nitro Charge instead of Scarf, so he outspeeds and OHKOs with Stone Edge. Team him up with Swampert to absorb Grass Knots if you want him to set up easily. I'm not sure why people are selling Aianto so short, I guess you just have to see him in action to believe.

tbh i'd use stone edge over Baton Pass unless i have something else on the team that would find a claw sharpen boost invaluable

Ash Borer

You seem to be forgetting about Scarfers; which are incredibly prevalent.

And I'm not saying that Aianto is bad by any means, I'm just saying that he is incredibly weak on the special side.
nope I named all of the pokemon that are special and carry scarves in today's ou.

I think its +25%

so everything is dropped to 80% then boosted up to 100% again.

Plus two after one turn with good speed and a life orb is nice.
aka swords dance (ok, scizor doesnt have good speed, but he can techBP/u-turn/roost x.x)

Ash Borer

aka swords dance (ok, scizor doesnt have good speed, but he can techBP/u-turn/roost x.x)
actually I was corrected by someone earlier in this thread

+1 from claw sharpen is multiplied with hustle

1.5x1.5=2.25.

An even bigger boost.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'd just like to say that the people shouting "OMG ONE WEAKNESS O.O" Should like at this thing's amazing defenses of 58/112/48.

After some testing, any decent special attacker bar a Grass one is going to be 2HKOing Aianto if it has SpAtk above 100.
Hidden Power Fire much?

Aianto is a different pokemon. He's like a different take on Scizor. Hustle and Claw Sharpen does seem like a good combo with his High Speed and Attack.

breh

強いだね
Just a note, but Claw Sharpen + Hustle gives perfect accuracy moves app. 89% accuracy I believe (800%/9 to be exact) because hustle and Claw Sharpen are not running in the same way (I.E. the same reason that you get 2.25x attack after it, not 2x)... thus unless you can count on getting two Claw Sharpens, be a bit more careful about using your now 71% accuracy Stone Edges.. >_<

By Obese porky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Nastyjungle

Oct 2nd, 2010 3:16:30 PM
Shandera better get banned or else Aianto is screwed if the chandelier comes in. However many great Pokemon are destroyed by common attacks in the metagame. Heatran dies to EQ, Rotom-A, Azelf, and Starmie all hate Pursuiters, Gyara dies to Tbolt, and the Dragons all die to Ice. Does that make them unviable? No. Aianto is probably going to be neglected, but then someone makes a great set out of it and realizes its worth. Then it becomes a threat to be reckoned with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)