Ultra Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible, can I reserve AV Amoonguss? It is the reason that some people thinks that it deserves a raise on the VR and it's making kinda success

Can I do Z hex Gengar? It is a lot better than Choice Specs and life orb because one gets walled by Toxapex and and is pressured as heck against ttar, while Z Hex destroys most balanced teams and even Stall if it has taunt.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can I do Z hex Gengar? It is a lot better than Choice Specs and life orb because one gets walled by Toxapex and and is pressured as heck against ttar, while Z Hex destroys most balanced teams and even Stall if it has taunt.
This was already asked on discord, I'm 90% sure that the set is just going to get CMS'd into the current offensive utility set.

Dont want to be rude here, but most of the mons in this thread have been reserved for a good amount of time without any progress happening or opening a analysis thread at all, so when are people starting to write the analysis? Just as an example: Gliscor has been reserved almost 4 months ago, it should be time to give some analyses to new people that are willing to do the thing in a shorter period of time. If this gets deleted, please tell me why some analyses seem to be in reservation for over 2-4 month without progress by writer

Dont want to be rude here, but most of the mons in this thread have been reserved for a good amount of time without any progress happening or opening a analysis thread at all, so when are people starting to write the analysis? Just as an example: Gliscor has been reserved almost 4 months ago, it should be time to give some analyses to new people that are willing to do the thing in a shorter period of time. If this gets deleted, please tell me why some analyses seem to be in reservation for over 2-4 month without progress by writer
That analyses are done, they just don't update the OP, if you look SmogDex, you'll find updated analyses for the mons that are "reserved"

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
^that. Just ignore the OP for now cause it hasn’t been updated in a while, atm there aren’t any mons available for reservation and the only ones that are getting are an analysis are in QC and GP. Feel free to bring up sets you think deserve their own writeup in the Discussion thread tho, if qc agrees you can get to write them

Hate to bother you so late in the year, but recently some people have introduced me into a new Kartana set (it's unlisted in the analysis but it is mentioned) as Banded Kartana. It seems to be rising in popularity thanks to Knock Off being quiet the spammable move. It is very powerful, as At +1 (with a choice band) with a Jolly Nature, it can OHKO Standard Toxapex (8 Defense, 248 HP) with Leaf Blade, and Solidly 2HKO Pex with no boosts. I would like to either gain permission to write the analysis or reserve it to write it, as no one else has seemed to reserved it.

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 195-231 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 360-424 (93.2 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 272-320 (67.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just some calcs to show the power of this thing unboosted.

yr obt svt, SickTrixBoi

Hate to bother you so late in the year, but recently some people have introduced me into a new Kartana set (it's unlisted in the analysis but it is mentioned) as Banded Kartana. It seems to be rising in popularity thanks to Knock Off being quiet the spammable move. It is very powerful, as At +1 (with a choice band) with a Jolly Nature, it can OHKO Standard Toxapex (8 Defense, 248 HP) with Leaf Blade, and Solidly 2HKO Pex with no boosts. I would like to either gain permission to write the analysis or reserve it to write it, as no one else has seemed to reserved it.

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 195-231 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 360-424 (93.2 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 272-320 (67.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

yr obt svt, SickTrixBoi
If you want to show us that calcs, isn't that great, because Kartana prefers the power of SD + Z Move to beat conventional checks and counters. With that set, M-Scizor walls you effortlesly, Skarmory and Celesteela too, and other threats too depending the move you get locked.
In simple terms, it lacks the power of SD + Z Move and the speed of Scarf, so that set isn't that great in the current metagame

If you want to show us that calcs, isn't that great, because Kartana prefers the power of SD + Z Move to beat conventional checks and counters. With that set, M-Scizor walls you effortlesly, Skarmory and Celesteela too, and other threats too depending the move you get locked.
In simple terms, it lacks the power of SD + Z Move and the speed of Scarf, so that set isn't that great in the current metagame
Mega Scizor/Celesteela/Skarmory walls Kartana anyways for the most part, and the thing isn't made to 6-0 teams. It's made to punch holes in teams for sweepers such as Mega Gyarados or Specs Lele, or clean up in the late game because of it's absurd power. Obviously it's still gonna have checks and counters. I will take your advice, given if they let me write the analysis, to add Scizor to the things that trouble it. Thanks for the advice!

yr obt svt, SickTrixBoi

Last edited:

yr obt svt, SickTrixBoi
Another Note, Leaf blade actually can just OHKO Toxapex on the spot with grassy terrain support so :D

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stating no for now on Band Kartana (and since it was brought up in the other thread, Bulky Scarf Lando-T). I will try to incorporate a SCMS update for it.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey do you guys think that I could do a full writeup for Dual Screens Koko? It's a very potent set on the dual screens HO that's been added to sample teams as well as the archetype that's seen a spike in usage in stours recently. It's way too good to be relegated to a throwaway line in OO.

Also, Mega Latias's analysis seems really outdated and doesn't really indicate how CM Mega Latias should be used/built with in the current metagame as well as not having the best set even mentioned. It might be fixable with heavy CMS, but I'd rather just write a revamp.

Last edited:
yeah, what exploudit said. Also this

is completely wrong. SD fight z kartana beats all three if played correctly, whereas band is just hard walled.
You can't settup if you're being roasted by a flamethrower from Celesteela, and Skarmory just whirlwinds you out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)