Ultra Sun & Moon OU Reservation Index (READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can't settup if you're being roasted by a flamethrower from Celesteela, and Skarmory just whirlwinds you out
"if played correctly" means that you use Swords Dance as Celesteela/Skarmory/Scizor are switching into Kartana, likely taking damage from Stealth Rock or Spikes in the case of Mega Scizor. This damage puts them in range of +2 Z Sacred Sword and makes it so that they can't beat you at all. Obviously no one sets up with Kartana in the face of a Skarmory or Celesteela if it isn't absolutely needed to turn a game around is predicting them to switch out, it's just moronic move to make otherwise.

Last edited:
Can I write up Scarf Staraptor since it got ranked?
Edit: I would like to apologize as well.
I just assumed I could reserve it since it was ranked. I am sorry that I offended you.

Last edited:
Gimme the iceberg :psyduck:

EDIT: I'd like to apologize for reserving in advance, was afraid of someone reserving avalugg beforehand and it actually counting. Jordy was allowed to do this back then so I was afraid of this being the policy again, I'm sorry

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the future Im just going to ignore reservation posts until I or someone from QC posts that they are approved. The above two posts still aren't approved for writing until we discuss things first.

Impatient people aggravate me to no end.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can I write up Scarf Staraptor since it got ranked?
Edit: I would like to apologize as well.
I just assumed I could reserve it since it was ranked. I am sorry that I offended you.
Gimme the iceberg :psyduck:

EDIT: I'd like to apologize for reserving in advance, was afraid of someone reserving avalugg beforehand and it actually counting. Jordy was allowed to do this back then so I was afraid of this being the policy again, I'm sorry
It's fine. Ill approve both.

But please next time wait.

rozae

Banned deucer.
i think choice band victini definitely deserves a full analysis. it's only listed under "other options", but i've seen quite a bit of success with it on the high ladder and in tour play.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Scarf and Band Victini are now up for grabs, low priority for now but PM the set you’re planning to write after reserving it so we know you got it right

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
i know i have another analysis in wip but i dont wanna lose this one so can i write up sd gliscor

dont think i need to talk about this mon too much, it definitely deserves one

Last edited:
Could I have Scarf Gengar? It has almost 40% as its item usage on the high ladder, way above LOrb and Specs. It still hits and importantly outspeeds some common mons. Plus if more people use Gengar, Blacephalon will finally die.

Can I Screens Koko? Screens HO is pretty decent atm and if Alolan Ninetales has an analysis so should Koko :psyduck:.

Edit: oops just saw LL asked to do this set already, in that case I'd like to support the set instead, first come first serve, so he should do it :psyduck:.

Last edited:
Could I write Sub CM Blacephalon? Its in OO of its current analysis but its definitely a good enough set to warrant its own analysis - its better than scarf for sure. It's weaker than Specs and slower than Scarf granted, but it can 6-0 a lot of stall teams rn as it freely subs up on Chansey (which would otherwise be a consistent switch in to Blace) and Calm Mind up.

I've read the thread, and the Zygarde analysis, but no one has seemed to have requested Steelium Z Zygarde. It's a very fun and viable set, hitting the Tapus (in which Bulu walls zygarde) and Clefable, allowing it to clean easier. So, if I may, may I write Steelium Z Zygarde?

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I've read the thread, and the Zygarde analysis, but no one has seemed to have requested Steelium Z Zygarde. It's a very fun and viable set, hitting the Tapus (in which Bulu walls zygarde) and Clefable, allowing it to clean easier. So, if I may, may I write Steelium Z Zygarde?
Steelium Z is a fun lure but it doesnt really deserve a set on its own cause its pretty much just regular dd zyg with iron tail and the z. If anything you'd have to make a case for it to be included in oo or set details but it's definitely not getting a new set

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey do you guys think that I could do a full writeup for Dual Screens Koko? It's a very potent set on the dual screens HO that's been added to sample teams as well as the archetype that's seen a spike in usage in stours recently. It's way too good to be relegated to a throwaway line in OO.

Also, Mega Latias's analysis seems really outdated and doesn't really indicate how CM Mega Latias should be used/built with in the current metagame as well as not having the best set even mentioned. It might be fixable with heavy CMS, but I'd rather just write a revamp.
Approved for screens Koko

noo i wanted to write alolem :( can we have a rule that the person who nommed it gets to write it lmao, it was put up for reservation at 4am for me

Leo

after hours
MPL Champion
can i revamp zygarde

This mon badly needs a revamp - all three of the dragon dance sets on the analysis are outdated (dragonium, sub dd tect, and dd coil espeed) having largely been replaced by groundium and sub dd coil. Cb also was clearly written in an earlier meta

I was gonna cms all these changes but then i looked at how much work it was gonna be and how much gp i was gonna need and i figured revamping it just makes more sense considering the sets are written with those particular movesets in mind. The moveset changes complete fuck the existing usage tips for those sets and so thats why i believe a revamp is warranted

Under a revamp im probably going list three sets

Dd groundium
Cb
Sub dd coil

With sub dd tect in oo, dragonium in groundium set details, and espeed coil junked entirely.
Approved, check pms for the sets and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)