Samurott

About Feraligatr, yeah. Encourage + Speed + Free LO Boost = sorry Daikenki. Uh...I guess we cross our fingers then for Shell Smash in the future.

Also, Dai means "large", so..."large energy sword". Hurr.

In all seriousness, there's a little thing on its name in its Bulbapedia article.

Daikenki's name seems to come from 大 dai, meaning large, and 剣 ken, meaning sword. Similarly 大剣 taiken also means large or long sword. The latter half of the name, kenki, may also come from 剣鬼 – a word used to refer to a very skilled swordsman, literally meaning sword-wielding demon.

Yeah, Daikenki will have to hope for Shell Smash badly...

That and a better special movepool, otherwise it's just looking to be outclassed by Feraligatr.

About Feraligatr, yeah. Encourage + Speed + Free LO Boost = sorry Daikenki. Uh...I guess we cross our fingers then for Shell Smash in the future.

Also, Dai means "large", so..."large energy sword". Hurr.

In all seriousness, there's a little thing on its name in its Bulbapedia article.
hmm that's pretty kool so his name could be large/great energy sword or great/large sword wielding demon. This just makes the case of it going bipedal even stronger.

On another note, Daikenki could make a good late game sweeper if he had agility basically doing what empoleon does . He would be faster and slighty weaker. Sure he doesn't have steel to work with but I think he has interesting moves in airslash in tandem with icebeam and grass rope. They should have made a special dragon dance instead of cheer up smh.

The main reason for feraligatr outclassing him is simply that he has a more extensive list of egg moves going for him than what daikenki has. This is only because he was there longer and gamefreak was able to see what moves would really help him out. I mean who saw dragon dance comming. Hopefully shell smash is comming because daikenki can't do much of anything without speed.

@noble: I completely agree with you. I've seen people argue against him getting it because all the pokemon who do have shells as about of their body or they are shells. But doesn't daikenki who wears natural shell armor not make the most sense . Him breaking his armor to get a mobility boost makes a lot more sense than a turtle or oyster smashing itself into a wall or something , destroying it's spine or body in cloysters case lol.

What I don't understand is what GF was thinking when they made Shoalgun(Daikenki), Emboar, and Jalorda and gave them the BST sets and movepools.

Jalorda: 2nd Fastest starter to date, highet collective bulk of the three and access to dw ability perversity, which makes it a monster. Tiny movepool to capitalize on and even smaller physical movepool with Leaf Blade it's only physically powerful move.

Emboar: Powerful 123/100 attack stats and 110 Hp and the most diverse movepool since Infernape and the only fire type capable of learning a water attacking move. Piss poor defenses and poor speed, making it too slow to do much with it's power.

Shoalgun: Best and worst of the other two. High offense stats at 100/108 and the starter with the lowest number of weaknesses. Sadly, it has low speed, just 5 higher than Emboar, mediocre defense, a small movepool, and no way to redeem it's speed, while Boar gets Nitro Charge.

I pray that gray gives these guys what they need to shine, which to me are these moves.

Jalorda: Superpower, and Aquatail (unlikely but praying).
Emboar: Agility and Close Combat
Shoalgun: Shell Smash and Agility.

That's not asking for too much is it?

This is Shoalgun greatest set that will propel him to Borderline

Wrath of Bushido

nature:adamant
ability:torrent
Item:life orb
Evs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 speed
moveset
Swords dance
Aqua jet
Aeriel ace
Revenge

This is Shoalgun greatest set that will propel him to Borderline

Wrath of Bushido
nature:adamant
ability:torrent
Item:life orb
Evs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 speed
moveset
Swords dance
Aqua jet
Aeriel ace
Revenge
Have you tested this out and if so, how'd it do?

edit: That set is terrible. It can't set up to save it's life and gets killed too quickly.

Also, I read a set made by a guy called Rhykard3 on youtube and this set has surprised and done marvelously as a mid to late game sweeper.

S.S.S. (Subbing Samurai Sealion) (my own name for the set)
Item: Salac Berry
Nature: Jolly
Move Set:
Waterfall/ Aqua Jet
Substitute
Megahorn/Return/Night Slash
Swords Dance

Daikenki comes in after two or three pokes are gone and begins to set up using SD and Sub. After his health reaches 25%, Salac kicks in and his speed reaches 393 while his attack is 598 and after two....I don't want to go into details. The offensive moves are up to you, but I usually run WF and MH and begin to kill. It's essentially a physical Empoleon, but the plus, he's not as weak to the common priority, Mach Punch.

It's essentially a physical Empoleon, but the plus, he's not as weak to the common priority, Mach Punch.
That doesn't really matter since at 25%, pretty much every mach punch user will easily OHKO (same goes for most other priority users).

Also, I read a set made by a guy called Rhykard3 on youtube and this set has surprised and done marvelously as a mid to late game sweeper.

S.S.S. (Subbing Samurai Sealion) (my own name for the set)
Item: Salac Berry
Nature: Jolly
Move Set:
Waterfall/ Aqua Jet
Substitute
Megahorn/Return/Night Slash
Swords Dance

Daikenki comes in after two or three pokes are gone and begins to set up using SD and Sub. After his health reaches 25%, Salac kicks in and his speed reaches 393 while his attack is 598 and after two....I don't want to go into details. The offensive moves are up to you, but I usually run WF and MH and begin to kill. It's essentially a physical Empoleon, but the plus, he's not as weak to the common priority, Mach Punch.
this seems very cool actually

also i wanted to post this image for all the daikenki fans:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...p__daikenki_haters_by_dnartsocean-d33al4i.jpg

Another thing: I am going to work on my first war story and it indeed features daikenki. Lets just say I came back from the depths of defeat with him.

this seems very cool actually

also i wanted to post this image for all the daikenki fans:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...p__daikenki_haters_by_dnartsocean-d33al4i.jpg

Another thing: I am going to work on my first war story and it indeed features daikenki. Lets just say I came back from the depths of defeat with him.
All of my respect for him would rise infinitely if he was bipedal like that and had better stats. As of now, he looks like a balloon animal.

EDIT: Can't forget the Water/Fighting and Shell Break. Gah, so much potential…

I look forward to the warstory. I want to see Daikenki putting himself to good use.

This thing should have been Water/Fighting hands down, but unfortunately it's too late to do anything about that. What he's really begging for is Shell Break. Seriously, I can hear him now...

Daikenki: "Please sir, I want some more."
GF: "MOOOOOAR?!"

We shall see if they give him more. I hope they do :(

No, +2 252 Atk LO Adamant Megahorn does 63.9% - 75.2% to 252 HP/252 Def Impish Tangrowh. Power Whip OHKOs in return.

But I digress.
Calling bullshit on this.

252 Adamant Life Orb Pokemon +2 Megahorn
vs. 252/252 Impish Leftovers Tangrowth : 95% - 111.9%

EDIT: I should look one post down before posting.

If Daikenki does get Shell Break, will that boost it up to OU or BL? After all the most popular Shell Breaker is cloyster and it has access to ice priority and skill link. Does our favorite Samurai Sealion stand a chance?

If Daikenki does get Shell Break, will that boost it up to OU or BL? After all the most popular Shell Breaker is cloyster and it has access to ice priority and skill link. Does our favorite Samurai Sealion stand a chance?
After a Shell Break, he'd be one of, if not the most dangerous mixed sweepers ever. Aqua Jet, Megahorn, Air Slash, Ice Beam, Return (coverage is coverage). Jolteon and Scarf users with SE attacks would be an issue though.

After a Shell Break, he'd be one of, if not the most dangerous mixed sweepers ever. Aqua Jet, Megahorn, Air Slash, Ice Beam, Return (coverage is coverage). Jolteon and Scarf users with SE attacks would be an issue though.
this is why i believe when they were programming it someone said "hold up do we really want to create this monster? We already have scarf chomp, and doryuzuu running around who will piss people off. Lets hold off on coding that and see how he turns out."

everyone else: " that is a bang up idea"

random programmer " what about that horrendus speed. their are some fast pokemon and he just can't keep up. lets increase his speed so he can be effective or maybe lets give him. "

everyone else: " you're fired"

this is why i believe when they were programming it someone said "hold up do we really want to create this monster? We already have scarf chomp, and doryuzuu running around who will piss people off. Lets hold off on coding that and see how he turns out."

everyone else: " that is a bang up idea"

random programmer " what about that horrendus speed. their are some fast pokemon and he just can't keep up. lets increase his speed so he can be effective or maybe lets give him. "

everyone else: " you're fired"
LMAO

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, okay, so Daikenki didn't get Shell Break, but the last two or three pages or so shouldn't be filled with Shell Break speculation, and even Shell Break isn't that good of a move in itself.

Daikenki is actually quite content with its move options, but would like better stats as we all want it to be. Seriously, Jalorda's cursed with a bad movepool but can make the best out of it with its stats. I wonder if I can use Daikenki without being so pushed over by the numerous other fast threats. I love him, but perhaps a someone could have suggested 20 Base points to be moved from Special Attack or Special Defense and produce a Daikenki with 90 base Speed.

Okay, okay, so Daikenki didn't get Shell Break, but the last two or three pages or so shouldn't be filled with Shell Break speculation, and even Shell Break isn't that good of a move in itself.

Daikenki is actually quite content with its move options, but would like better stats as we all want it to be. Seriously, Jalorda's cursed with a bad movepool but can make the best out of it with its stats. I wonder if I can use Daikenki without being so pushed over by the numerous other fast threats. I love him, but perhaps a someone could have suggested 20 Base points to be moved from Special Attack or Special Defense and produce a Daikenki with 90 base Speed.
True, Shell Break isn't that great of a move, but for Daikenki it would be a gift from God. It would make him more competitive and give him a chance against the powerful meta game that we know. He got the bad end of a deal, but we hope it gets rectified in gray, alongside Enbuoh who will hopefully get Submission to abuse STAB and Reckless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)